World No Tobacco Day 2023 - May 31 History, Theme, Significance, Quotes
May 30 2023
World No Tobacco Day 2023: World No Tobacco Day is observed every year on May 31. This day is also known as World Anti Tobacco Day. World No tobacco day is to spread awareness to the people about the harmful effects of tobacco which causes cancer, lung disease, etc. It is an initiative taken by the World Health Organisation against the use of tobacco. The first No Tobacco Day was observed by the member states of the World Health Organization and was first observed in 1987. World No Tobacco Day 2023 was observed to draw attention to the widespread prevalence of tobacco use which leads to more than 8 million deaths around the world. The aspirants can check World No Tobacco Day 2023 article that we are provided here.
World No Tobacco Day History
- World No Tobacco Day is one of the public health campaigns organized by the World Health Organization.
- In 1987, World Health Assembly passed a resolution called “world no-smoking day”.The main objective of this day was to urge tobacco users to withdraw tobacco products.
- In 1988, World Health Assembly celebrated May 31 as World No Tobacco Day.
- In 1998, World Health Organization established Tobacco-Free Initiative (TFI) to focus on global health issues of tobacco.
- In 2008, on World No Tobacco Day, World Health Organization (WHO) called for a ban on all tobacco products, advertisements, promotion, and sponsorship.
World No Tobacco Day 2023 Theme
- Every year World Health Organization organized a special event to send a global message to all tobacco users who used tobacco regularly.
- The theme of World No Tobacco Day 2023 is “We Need Food, Not Tobacco”.
World No Tobacco Day 2023 Significance
- This day creates an opportunity for everyone to quit this deadly habit. Every year World No Tobacco Day 2023 is celebrated on 31st May.
- Totally 6 million people are dying from using tobacco products and ailments every year and it is expected to be 8 million by 2030.
- Tobacco is a cause of so many diseases like pulmonary disease, tuberculosis, lung disease, liver disease, and other diseases.
- China is the leading country in producing tobacco. In 2014, more than 30% of tobacco users consumed tobacco from China.
- Every year World Health Organization organizes special events and seminars to know the importance of how tobacco affects human health and causes various kinds of diseases.
World No Tobacco Day 2023 Quotes
Here we are providing some famous World No Tobacco Day 2023 Quotes by famous personalities here
“Smoking kills. It kills not just one person but many on the list. It kills you and your family. Replacing the smoke on your face with a smile today will replace illness in your life with happiness tomorrow. Quit now”
“You are not living if you are smoking. You are taking small steps towards a disastrous life. Say no to smoking and tobacco to live a healthier and happier life”
Here we are providing some interesting facts about World No Tobacco Day. The aspirants who are preparing for government exams can get and download this article. In this article, we have covered World No Tobacco Day, its history, theme, significance, and quotes.
World No Tobacco Day 2023 FAQs
Q. When was World No Tobacco Day declared?
A. World No Tobacco Day was organized by World Health Organization and it was declared on 31st May 1987.
Q. Where the aspirants can get the article about World No Tobacco Day?
A. The aspirants who are preparing for competitive exams can get the article about World No Tobacco Day that we are provided here.
Daily Current Affairs & Quiz 2023-24: Latest Current Affairs, Quiz & News For Today
Mar 02 2024
NIACL Assistant Prelims Shift Timings 2024: Time Duration, Reporting Time And Exam Instructions
Mar 02 2024
Nobel Prize Winners 2023 PDF: Nobel Prize Winners Across Various Fields
Mar 01 2024
General Awareness Smart Analysis
- Get Weekly 4 set Test
- Each Set consist of 50 Questions
- Compare your progress with Test 1 & 2 & Test 3 & 4
- Deep Analysis in topic wise questions
- Bundle PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
- Grand Bundle PDF Course 2021
- English Bundle PDF Course
- Insurance & Financial Market Awareness Bundle PDF Course
- Descriptive Papers for Bank & Insurance Exams
- Interview Bundle PDF Course
- General Awareness Smart Analysis
- All Bank Exams Video Course
- All Mock Test Series (Platinum Package)
- All Premium eBooks
Premium PDF Course 12 Months
- Bundle PDF Course 2024
- Prime PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022