World Milk Day 2022: June 1| History, theme, Significance, and Quotes
May 30 2022
World Milk Day 2022: On June 1st of this current year World Milk Day 2022 is observed all over the world. It is a global event celebrated all over the world annually on June 1st every year to celebrate the dairy industry and recognize milk as a globally important food. This day was observed and organized by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations to help people recognize the importance of milk as a global food. World Milk Day is observed to celebrate the awareness and importance of milk and its inclusion in our society. Because many nations were already commemorating Milk Day at that time of year, June 1st was picked as the date. World Milk Day aims to generate a global discussion on how healthy, inexpensive, and accessible milk is.
Milk is a nutrient-dense liquid meal produced by mammals' mammary glands. It is a juvenile mammal's principal source of nourishment until they are able to digest solid food. It’s packed with calcium, vitamin D, and potassium, which are routinely under-consumed nutrients. A 250 mL glass of milk may offer 48 percent of a child's daily protein need, as well as 9 percent of calories and important micronutrients including calcium, magnesium, selenium, and B vitamins. India is the largest producer of milk followed by the US, China, Pakistan, and Brazil. The country accounts for 22% of global milk production. Some of the countries where milk is most popular include Finland, the Netherlands, and Sweden, while milk is not a widespread beverage in North Korea or Liberia.
A normal glass of milk is able to provide you with:
- Calcium content is around 29%.
- Vitamin D content is around 25%
- Phosphorus content is around 23%.
- Riboflavin content is around 23%.
- Vitamin B-12 content of around 15%
- The protein content of around 17%
World Milk Day 2022: History
- Between 9000 - 7000 B.C. The First Milk was observed. After mammals are domesticated in Neolithic times, humans begin to drink milk for sustenance.
- In 1300 A.D., Mongolians pack dried horse milk into a paste that can be reconstituted with water for long journeys.
- In the 1600s, Ice Cream was invented. Humanity finds a way to improve on a nice cool glass of milk in the 1600s with the invention of ice cream.
- In 1840, Milk was made accessible to places and Railways allow the transportation of milk from rural farming areas to cities in England.
- On June 1st, 2001, Milk Day became a worldwide event. The roots of global celebrations can be pinpointed in the United Nations (UN). The FAO of the United Nations, in specific, has been in charge of coordinating and publicizing WMD across the planet.
- In 2016, Russia, China, Canada, the EU, and more become self-sufficient with milk production and stop importing milk.
World Milk Day 2022: Theme
World Milk Day 2022 theme is “sustainability in the dairy sector, as well as environmental, nutritional, and socioeconomic empowerment.” The organization also hopes to reinstate dairy production to the planet by assisting in the establishment of a low-carbon dairy future.
They recommend people to discuss this year the dairy industry’s significant contributions to:
- Dairy industry sustainability activities
- Farmers care about their communities, the land, and their animals
- Good food, good health, and good nutrition
- Role of dairy in economic development and livelihood creation
Every year, the theme strives to communicate the importance of including milk and dairy products in one’s diet on a routine basis.
World Milk Day 2022: Significance
The celebration of World Milk Day is vital to let the people know the importance of milk as a valuable food component as milk is one of the important components of one’s diet. The primary objective of World Milk Day is to generate consciousness of the importance of milk in an individual’s well-being It is the initial food eaten by a child following birth and perhaps the only food ingested across the whole life. On World Milk Day, all dimensions of milk and dairy are illuminated, particularly their nutritional and health benefits, availability and affordability, and the sector’s contribution and perseverance in nourishing our populations.
World Milk Day 2022: Quotes
- On this world milk day, I pray that the dairy industry must flourish as it provides nutrition to mankind.
- Pick a glass of milk and wish your friends, family members, and relatives on Milk day and raise awareness about the importance of Milk.
- It is surprising to learn that milk is a great choice for a post-workout recovery drink. It is World Milk Day, give it a try.
World Milk Day 2022: FAQs
Q. Why do we celebrate World Milk Day?
Ans. World Milk Day is a global event celebrated all over the world annually on June 1st every year to celebrate the dairy industry and recognize milk as a globally significant food. This day was observed and organized by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations to help people recognize the importance of milk as a global food.
Q.What is the theme of World Milk Day 2022?
Ans. World Milk Day 2022 theme is “sustainability in the dairy sector, as well as environmental, nutritional, and socioeconomic empowerment.”
Also, access free PDFs
|Current Affairs - Daily, Weekly, Monthly||English Language Free PDFs|
|Quantitative Aptitude Free PDFs||Free Bundle PDF|
IBPS RRB Topic Wise Weightage: For PO And Clerk - Prelims And Mains Exams
Jun 27 2022
IBPS RRB Exam Date 2022 Application Form: Check For IBPS RRB PO And Clerk Exams
Jun 27 2022
IBPS RRB Details 2022: Check Full Form, Meaning, List Of Regional Rural Banks In India
Jun 27 2022