World Athletics Day 2023 - May 7 History, Theme, Significance, Quotes
May 06 2023
World Athletics Day is celebrated every year on May 7. This Day is observed to raise awareness about the Athletics. This day was launched to honor the sportsperson who is having the responsibility to pride the nation. International Amateur Athletic Federation (IAAF) has launched the project "Athletics for a better world". Athletics is the cumulation of various sports events like running, jumping, marathons, etc. The main objective of Athletics day 2023 is to boost up the participation of students and children in sports events. Every year the International Amateur Athletic Federation (IAAF) launched various sports events for schools, and colleges to increase their participation in sports events.
World Athletics Day History
- This day was first observed in 1996 and it was launched by International Amateur Athletic Federation (IAAF) President Primo Nebiolo. The World Athletics Federation and International Amateur Athletic Federation (IAAF) organized sports events in all schools and colleges every year.
- International Amateur Athletic Federation (IAAF) was founded in 1912 to organize various sports events and athletics.
- In 2001, the name of the International Amateur Athletic Federation (IAAF) was changed to International Association of Athletics Federations. And in 2019, the name was again changed to World Athletics.
World Athletics Day 2023 theme
- World Athletics day is celebrated every year with a specific theme. The Theme of World Athletics Day 2022 is "Athletics for All – A New Beginning".
World Athletics day 2023 - Significance
- The main aim of this world Athletics day is to impart knowledge about sports to the children. World Athletics day encourages youths and children to be fit and healthy.
- World Athletics Day is to promote awareness about sports and encourages the importance of sports activities.
- Due to corona, Athletics events have not happened in the last two years. The events of World Athletics day will happen in 2023.
- World Athletics Day aims to spread awareness about sports activities, and club activities, to improve health conditions, maintain body conditions, etc.
- Children and youths can actively participate in various bigger events like school level competitions, district level competitions, national and international level competitions, etc.
- The Athletics Federation of India (AFI) is the major body for organizing various sports events in India. Every year World Athletics day is decided by IAAF. This year world athletics day is celebrated on May 7.
World Athletics Day 2023 - Famous Quotes
The famous quotes of World Athletics Day 2023 by famous personalities are mentioned here:
"You dream. You plan. You reach. There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, with belief, with confidence and trust in yourself and those around you, there are no limits". - Michael Phelps
" 'I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. Twenty - six times I've been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
Here we are providing detailed explanations about World Athletics Day. In this article, we have covered World Athletics day, World Athletics day History, Theme, significance, and famous quotes. The Aspirants who are preparing for various competitive exams can download and refer to this article for their upcoming bank exams.
World Athletics Day 2023 - Some Important FAQs
Q. Which sports are involved in Athletics?
A. Athletics includes running, jumping, track and field events, marathons, throwing, etc.
Q. Who are called Athletics?
A. the person who has good physical strength, good fitness, and maintains their body conditions.
Q. What are the types of Athletics?
A. There are two types of Athletics: They are Track and Fields.
World Soil Day 2023 Theme and History: 5th December
Nov 30 2023
International Volunteer Day 2023 Theme and History: 5th December
Nov 30 2023
Indian Navy Day 2023 Theme and History: 4th December
Nov 30 2023
General Awareness Smart Analysis
- Get Weekly 4 set Test
- Each Set consist of 50 Questions
- Compare your progress with Test 1 & 2 & Test 3 & 4
- Deep Analysis in topic wise questions
- Bundle PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
- Grand Bundle PDF Course 2021
- English Bundle PDF Course
- Insurance & Financial Market Awareness Bundle PDF Course
- Descriptive Papers for Bank & Insurance Exams
- Interview Bundle PDF Course
- General Awareness Smart Analysis
- All Bank Exams Video Course
- All Mock Test Series (Platinum Package)
- All Premium eBooks
PRIME Bundle PDF Course 2023 (Daily Target PDF) - 5 Months
- Exactly Based on Real Exam Pattern
- Language: English and Hindi
- Included with All New Pattern Questions
- Covered All Major Bank (Pre + Mains Exams)
- Answer key with video solution and Quizzes
- Including Previous Year Memory based Questions
- Prepared by Top Expert Faculties
- Total 1,20,000+ Questions
- 5 Months Validity