White Cane Safety Day 2022 Theme and History: October 15
Oct 13 2022
White Cane Safety Day 2022 Theme and History: Applicants are getting ready for a range of challenging exams. Candidates need to prepare for the list of important days in the majority of exams. The White Cane Safety Day 2022 theme, history, activities, meaning, etc. are all covered in depth here. As a result, candidates can easily prepare for the tests. Examiners might ask about White Cane Safety Day 2022. The 15th of October 2022 will mark White Cane Safety Day. Knowing the White Cane Safety Day in 2022 theme is more crucial. Visit this page for additional information on the history, events, and topic of White Cane Safety Day 2022.
List of Important Days in October 2022
White Cane Safety Day 2022
Check the White Cane Safety Day 2022 date below:
- White Cane Safety Day 2022 is observed on the 15th of October 2022. (This day dedicated to visually impaired people)
White Cane Safety Day History
Here is the White Cane Safety day history.
- Traveling aids for the blind have long existed in the form of canes, staffs, and sticks, but it wasn't until the 20th century that white canes came into being and were adopted by the blind as a sign to alert others.
- James Biggs, a photographer from Bristol, came up with the concept of white canes. Biggs had an accident in 1921 that left him blind. During that time, there were more cars on the road, so Biggs made the decision to paint his cane white to make himself more visible to drivers and other pedestrians.
- The National White Stick Movement is a programme for the blind that was started in France by the musician and author Guilly d'Herbemont. She distributed white canes to numerous blind persons in France, including veterans of World War One. Additionally, this was well welcomed in the UK. The United Kingdom suggested giving white canes to blind persons so that they would be universally recognised as a sign that the person carrying it was blind.
- Giving white canes to the blind was an idea put forth in the United States by Lions Clubs International. The long white canes served as both a mobility aid and a means of identification for the war veterans.
- White Cane Safety Day was established annually on October 15 by a joint resolution that President Lyndon B. Johnson and the U.S. Congress signed on October 6, 1964.
White Cane Safety Day 2022 Theme
In exams, questions may be asked on the White Cane Safety Day 2022 theme. For this, year, the White Cane Safety Day 2022 theme has not been announced yet. After the official announcement, we will update the White Cane Safety Day 2022 theme on this space.
White Cane Safety Day 2022 Significance
This day is a chance to connect with others that might need your assistance. On White Cane Safety Day, you can participate in gatherings and activities that will benefit persons who are blind or visually impaired.
White Cane Safety Day 2022 FAQs
Q: On which date, White Cane Safety Day 2022 observed?
A: White Cane Safety Day 2022 is observed on 15th of October.
Q: White Cane Safety day is dedicated to which people?
A: White Cane Safety Day is dedicated to visually impaired people.
International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression 2023: June 4 History, theme, Significance, and Quotes
Jun 02 2023
Telangana Formation Day 2023: June 2 History, theme, Significance, and Quotes
Jun 02 2023
International Sex Workers Day 2023: June 2 History, Theme, Significance, and Quotes
Jun 02 2023
Don’t Miss Any Update
Enter the valid e-mail id and subscribe to Guidely to get the latest updates on all job notifications, Study Materials, Mock Tests and our new launches.
- 3000+ Mock Tests
- Topic / Sectional / ebooks
- Latest Exam Pattern
- 12 Months
- Access Mobile app and Website
- Premium Ebooks Not Included