TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2022: [New] Syllabus & Exam Pattern
Feb 23 2022
TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2022: Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) has released the TNPSC Group 2 Recruitment 2022 on its official website @tnpsc.gov.in. Candidates aiming to crack this year can start their preparation from now onwards. TNPSC conducts CCSE-II exams for Group 2 and 2A posts. As per the new TNPSC Group 2 Exam Pattern 2022, they have added the General English subject for the TNPSC Group 2 Prelims Exam which is optional to General Tamil & slight changes are made in TNPSC Group 2 Mains Paper-I. The updated TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2022 PDF Download link is also provided below in this article for the convenience of the candidates.
TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2022 - Overview
Candidates can check the overview of the TNPSC Group 2 Recruitment 2022 tabulated below.
|Organization||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission|
|Name of the Exam||TNPSC Group 2 Exam|
|TNPSC Group 2 Exam Date||21st May 2022|
|TNPSC Group 2 Selection Process||
|Duration of Exam||
Prelims: 3 hours
Mains: 1 hour 30 minutes (Paper I)+ 3 hours (Paper-II)
|Language of Exam||English, Tamil|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
TNPSC Group 2 Exam Pattern 2022
TNPSC Group 2 Exam consists of 3 phases Prelims, Mains, and Interview stages. Candidates can check the overall exam pattern of the TNPSC Group 2 exam tabulated below.
|Subject||Duration||Maximum marks||Qualifying Marks|
|Preliminary Exam||3 hours||300||90|
|Mains Exam: Paper-I||1 hour 30 minutes||100||25|
|Mains Exam: Paper-II||3 hours||300||
90 out of 300 marks for Non-interview Post
102 out of 340 For Interview Post (300 + 40 marks of interview)
|Interview||No fix duration||40||Not Defined|
TNPSC Group 2 Prelims Exam Pattern 2022
Candidates can check the TNPSC Group 2 prelims exam pattern 2022 tabulated below. TNPSC Group 2 Prelims exam is qualifying in nature. Candidates need to secure 90 marks to qualify. Questions from General Tamil/General English, Aptitude and Mental Ability Test will be of S.S.L.C. Standard level. Get to know the updated TNPSC Group 2 prelims exam pattern 2022 tabulated below.
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|General Tamil (S.S.L.C. Standard) or General English (S.S.L.C. Standard)||100||300||3 hours|
|General Studies (Degree Standard)||75|
|Aptitude and Mental Ability Test (S.S.L.C. Standard)||25|
TNPSC Group 2 Mains Exam Pattern 2022
Candidates who have successfully completed the prelims examination can appear for the mains examination. This exam is divided into 2 papers: Paper I and Paper-II. The main exam marks will be taken for the calculation of the final score.
1(a) Tamil to English Translation
(b) English to Tamil Translation
2. Precis Writing
4. Hints Development
5. Essay Writing (General)
6. Letter writing (Official)
7. Knowledge of the Tamil Language
➤ Total Marks -100
➤ Duration: 3 hours
➤ Minimum Qualifying Marks – 40
➤ Marks not included in the merit list
|TNPSC Gr 2 Mains Paper-II (Degree Standard)|
➤ Total Marks: 300
➤ Duration: 3 hours
➤ Minimum Qualifying Marks – 90
➤ This part has to be answered fully either in Tamil or in English only.
➤ Marks included in the merit list
TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2022 PDF Download Link
The direct TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2022 Download Link is provided below for the reference of the candidates. The updated syllabus for the prelims and mains exams are provided in this PDF along with the prelims and mains exam pattern.
TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2022
Candidates can check the TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2022 for the prelims and mains examination provided below.
TNPSC Group 2 Prelims Syllabus 2022
General English- Grammar (Part A)
- Prefix & Suffix
- Fill in the blanks
- Error Detection
- Odd one out
- Word Formation
- Identify the sentence
- Compound words
General English- Literature (Part B)
- Figure of Speech
- Appreciation Questions from Poetry
- Important Lines from Poem
- Biography of Important persons
- Oscar Wilde
- Dr. Karl Paulnack
- Comprehension Question from Motivational Essays
- British English-American English
- Comprehension Question from Description of Places
General English- Author & Literary Work (Part C)
- Poem & Poets
- Author & their stories
- Biography & Auto Biography
- Characters, Quotes, Important Lines of Indian Authors
- Nationality of story
- Folk Arts
- About Poets, Dramatist
- Famous Quotes
- Various Works of Author
- Period of the poets
- Nature centered Literary works and global issue Environment & Conservation
- Theme observed in Literary Work
- Scientific Knowledge and Scientific temper - Power of Reasoning - Rote Learning Vs Conceptual Learning - Science as a tool to understand the past, present, and future.
- Nature of Universe - General Scientific Laws – Mechanics - Properties of Matter, Force, Motion and Energy - Everyday application of the basic principles of Mechanics, Electricity and Magnetism, Light, Sound, Heat, Nuclear Physics, Laser, Electronics and Communications.
- Elements and Compounds, Acids, Bases, Salts, Petroleum Products, Fertilizers, Pesticides.
- Main concepts of Life Science, Classification of Living Organisms, Evolution, Genetics, Physiology, Nutrition, Health, Hygiene, Human diseases.
- Environment and Ecology.
- History - Latest diary of events - National symbols - Profile of States - Eminent personalities and places in the news – Sports - Books and authors.
- Polity - Political parties and political system in India - Public awareness and General administration - Welfare oriented Government schemes and their utility, Problems in Public Delivery Systems
- Geography - Geographical landmarks
- Economics - Current socio-economic issues
- Science - Latest inventions in Science and Technology
Geography of India
- Location – Physical features - Monsoon, rainfall, weather, and climate - Water resources - Rivers in India - Soil, minerals, and natural resources - Forest and wildlife - Agricultural pattern
- Transport - Communication
- Social geography – Population density and distribution - Racial, linguistic groups, and major tribes
- Natural calamity – Disaster Management – Environmental pollution: Reasons and preventive measures – Climate change – Green energy
History & Culture of India
- Indus valley civilization - Guptas, Delhi Sultans, Mughals, and Marathas - Age of Vijayanagaram and Bahmani Kingdoms - South Indian history
- Change and Continuity in the Socio-Cultural History of India
- Characteristics of Indian culture, Unity in diversity – Race, language, custom
- India as a Secular State, Social Harmony
- Constitution of India - Preamble to the Constitution - Salient features of the Constitution - Union, State, and Union Territory
- Citizenship, Fundamental Rights, Fundamental Duties, Directive Principles of State Policy
- Union Executive, Union legislature – State Executive, State Legislature – Local governments, Panchayat Raj
- Spirit of Federalism: Centre-State Relationships
- Election - Judiciary in India – Rule of law
- Corruption in public life – Anti-corruption measures – Lokpal and Lok Ayukta - Right to Information - Empowerment of women - Consumer protection forums, Human rights charter
- Nature of Indian Economy – Five-year plan models - an assessment – Planning Commission and Niti Ayog
- Sources of revenue – Reserve Bank of India – Fiscal Policy and Monetary Policy - Finance Commission – Resource sharing between Union and State Governments - Goods and Services Tax
- Structure of Indian Economy and Employment Generation, Land reforms and Agriculture - Application of Science and Technology in agriculture - Industrial growth - Rural welfare oriented programs – Social problems – Population, education, health, employment, poverty.
Indian National Movement
- National renaissance – Early uprising against British rule - Indian National Congress - Emergence of leaders – B.R.Ambedkar, Bhagat Singh, Bharathiar, V.O.Chidambaranar, Jawaharlal Nehru, Kamarajar, Mahatma Gandhi, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, Thanthai Periyar, Rajaji, Subash Chandra Bose, and others
- Different modes of Agitation: Growth of Satyagraha and Militant movements
- Communalism and partition
History, Culture, Heritage and Socio-Political Movements in Tamil Nadu
- History of Tamil Society, related Archaeological discoveries, Tamil Literature from Sangam age till contemporary times
- Significance as a Secular literature
- Relevance to Everyday Life
- Impact of Thirukkural on Humanity
- Thirukkural and Universal Values - Equality, Humanism, etc
- Relevance to Socio - Politico-Economic affairs
- Philosophical content in Thirukkural
- Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom struggle - Early agitations against British Rule - Role of women in the freedom struggle
- Evolution of 19th and 20th Century Socio-Political movements in Tamil Nadu - Justice Party, Growth of Rationalism - Self Respect Movement, Dravidian movement and Principles underlying both these movements, Contributions of Thanthai Periyar and Perarignar Anna
Development Administration in Tamil Nadu
- Human Development Indicators in Tamil Nadu and a comparative assessment across the Country – Impact of Social Reform movements in the Socio-Economic Development of Tamil Nadu
- Political parties and Welfare schemes for various sections of people – Rationale behind Reservation Policy and access to Social Resources - Economic trends in Tamil Nadu – Role and impact of social welfare schemes in the Socio-Economic development of Tamil Nadu
- Social Justice and Social Harmony as the Cornerstones of Socio-Economic development
- Education and Health systems in Tamil Nadu
- Geography of Tamil Nadu and its impact on Economic growth
- Achievements of Tamil Nadu in various fields
- e-governance in Tamil Nadu
Aptitude and Mental Ability
- Simplification – Percentage - Highest Common Factor (HCF) - Lowest Common Multiple (LCM)
- Ratio and Proportion
- Simple interest - Compound interest - Area - Volume - Time and Work
- Logical Reasoning - Puzzles - Dice - Visual Reasoning - Alphanumeric Reasoning – Number Series
TNPSC Group 2 Mains Syllabus 2022
Have a look at the TNPSC Group 2 Mains Syllabus 2022 provided here.
TNPSC Group 2 Paper-I Syllabus
- Tamil to English translation and English to Tamil translation: The topics and syllabus asked in the exam are given below. Check the detailed syllabus there.
History, Culture, and Heritage of Tamil Nadu
- Origin and Development of Tamil Civilization: From classical antiquity to modernity.
- Sangam Period Literature along with the historical events related to Language Development.
- Musical Tradition of Tamil Nadu - Folklore - music, dance, Musical instruments and folk drama - From classical age to post-modern age with its modifications.
- Dramatic Art Form - Street Theatre - Folk Theatre - Conventional Theatrical techniques.
- Socio-Economic History - Overseas trade - evidence from classical literature like "Pattinapalai".
- Rationalist Movements - Dravidian Movement and Self Respect Movement.
- Contribution of Social Reform Movements in the implementation of Social Welfare Measures and Socio-Economic Development of Tamil Nadu - Reservation Policy and its Benefits - Contribution of Social Justice and Social Harmony in the Socio-Economic Development of Tamil Nadu.
- Feminism – Socio - feminism, Literary feminism - Different Concepts and Perceptions.
- Contemporary Tamil Language - Computer Tamil Diction - Legal Tamil - Tamil as Administrative Language - New genres.
TNPSC Group 2 Paper-II Syllabus
- Precis writing, Comprehension, and Hints Development: The topics asked in these sections of Paper-II are also given below.
- Essay writing on the following topics from ‘Thirukkural’ (a) Significance as Secular literature (b) Relevance to Everyday Life (c) Impact of Thirukkural on Humanity (d) Thirukkural and Universal Values – Equality, Humanism, etc. (e) Relevance to Socio- Political- Economic affairs (f) Philosophical content in Thirukkural
- Letter writing: Official
FAQs - TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2022
Q. Where can I check the updated TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2022?
A. Candidates can check the updated TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2022 in this article.
Q. The selection of candidates for TNPSC Group 2 and 2A posts will be done through how many stages?
A. There are three stages for Group 2 and two for Group 2A in TNPSC Group 2 exam for TNPSC Group 2 Examination.
Q. What are the total marks for the TNPSC Group 2 Prelims Exam?
A. The total marks for the TNPSC Group 2 Prelims Exam is 300 marks.
SBI Exam Calendar 2023 PDF Download: State Bank Of India Clerk, PO And SO Exam Schedule
Dec 09 2023
Upcoming Bank Exams 2024 Full List PDF Download: Check Notification, Date
Dec 09 2023
Upcoming Government Exams 2024-25 PDF: Download Full List For Bank, SSC, Railway Exams
Dec 09 2023
General Awareness Smart Analysis
- Get Weekly 4 set Test
- Each Set consist of 50 Questions
- Compare your progress with Test 1 & 2 & Test 3 & 4
- Deep Analysis in topic wise questions
- Bundle PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
- Grand Bundle PDF Course 2021
- English Bundle PDF Course
- Insurance & Financial Market Awareness Bundle PDF Course
- Descriptive Papers for Bank & Insurance Exams
- Interview Bundle PDF Course
- General Awareness Smart Analysis
- All Bank Exams Video Course
- All Mock Test Series (Platinum Package)
- All Premium eBooks
Premium PDF Course 12 Months
- Bundle PDF Course 2024
- Prime PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
PRIME Bundle PDF Course 2023 (Daily Target PDF)
- Exactly Based on Real Exam Pattern
- Language: English and Hindi
- Included with All New Pattern Questions
- Covered All Major Bank (Pre + Mains Exams)
- Answer key with video solution and Quizzes
- Including Previous Year Memory based Questions
- Prepared by Top Expert Faculties
- Total 1,20,000+ Questions
- 12 Months Validity