National Sports Day 2022 - August 29: History, Theme, Significance, Quotes
Aug 29 2022
National Sports Day or Rashtriya Khel Divas is celebrated on 29 August every year. This day is celebrated on Dhyan Chand’s birthday to honor the hockey legend. The day was declared India’s National Sports Day. Dhyan Chand was a legend in Indian and International hockey. Dhyan was so dedicated to his art that he used to practice hockey at night after his regular works were over. Chand was well-known for his superb ball control and goal-scoring abilities. Bring your buddies together to cheer on your favorite team. You can even go outside and form your own team. It will be worth it to enjoy the challenge and physical activity, regardless of your skill level. After football, hockey is the world’s second most popular sport. Dhyan Chand is known as the Muhammad Ali of Hockey. In this article, we have covered the National sports day 2022, its history, theme, significance, quotes.
List of Important Days in August 2022
National Sports Day 2022: History
- Major Dhyan Chand a field hockey player is recognized by many to be the greatest field hockey player ever. India won the field hockey event in seven of the eight Olympics from 1928 through 1964, demonstrating his influence beyond these successes.
- To mark his birthday, India established National Sports Day in 2012. The purpose of celebrating this day is to honor the sporting legend and create awareness about the importance of sports in everyday life.
- The President of India honors this National Sports Day 2022, including the Khel Ratna, and Arjuna Awards, to famous sports luminaries.
- There are almost 8,000 sports listed in the “World Sports Encyclopedia”. Wrestling was the first sport and it began in Greece around 776B.C.
Download the List of Important Days in August 2022 with Themes PDF
National Sports Day 2022 Theme
Every year National Sports Day or Rashtriya Khel Divas is celebrated on 29 August and a specific theme is allotted. The National Sports Day 2022 theme is yet to be announced.
National Sports Day 2022: Significance
- National Sports Day 2022 raises awareness of the value of sports and physical activity in everyday life. Since the first commemoration of this day in 2012, the government has used the occasion to announce several sports-related projects.
- National Sports Day is observed to honor Dhyan Chan’s legacy and to recognize the value of sports in our lives.
- We can join in the joy of another’s hard-won victory through sports. Sports can bring people from all walks of life together in ways they would never meet otherwise.
- Hockey is also a quite popular game in India and the Indian hockey team is also among the top five in the world in both men’s and women’s at present.
National Sports Day 2022 Quotes
Here we are providing the famous National sports day 2022 quotes by famous personalities.
“Dreams define your individuality. They have the power to offer you wings and make you fly high.”
“People wil throw tones at you ;you turn them into milestones.”
National Sports Day 2022: FAQs
Q: When is National Sports Day or Rashtriya Khel Divas is observed?
A: National Sports Day is observed on 29 August every year.
Q: Whose birth anniversary is celebrated as National Sports Day or Rashtriya Khel Divas?
A: Dhyan Chand’s birth anniversary is celebrated as National Sports Day.
Government Schemes For RBI Grade B Exam 2023 PDF Download: Important Schemes With Details
Jun 01 2023
IBPS Clerk or RRB PO Which is Better? Check Complete Explanation Here
Jun 01 2023
IBPS Clerk Bank Preference List 2023: Check Details Of Participating Banks And Its Headquarters
Jun 01 2023
Don’t Miss Any Update
Enter the valid e-mail id and subscribe to Guidely to get the latest updates on all job notifications, Study Materials, Mock Tests and our new launches.
- 3000+ Mock Tests
- Topic / Sectional / ebooks
- Latest Exam Pattern
- 12 Months
- Access Mobile app and Website
- Premium Ebooks Not Included