National Nutrition Week 2022 September 1-7 : History, Theme, Significance and Quotes
Sep 01 2022
National Nutrition Week 2022: National Nutrition Week is observed on September 1 to September 7 every year. This week is celebrated to raise awareness about the importance of consuming nutrition-rich food. A balanced and nutritious diet has long-term benefits for our health. As per the Global Hunger Index Report 2021, India ranks 101 among 116 countries, and malnutrition is a major cause of death across the country. National Nutrition Week was launched by the Ministry of Women and Child Development’s Food and Nutrition Board in 1982 to raise awareness of the importance of nutrition for the human body. National Nutrition Week is said to provide adaptable training, timely education, seminars, different competitions, road shows, and many other campaigns among people of the community and to make a healthy Nation. Improving the nutritional status of the population is imperative for National Development.
List of Important Days in September 2022
National Nutrition Week 2022: History
- The need of spreading awareness this National Nutrition Week is because a large population of India especially children and women don’t get food supply due to poverty, illiteracy, and lack of awareness.
- The objective is to intensify awareness generation on the importance of nutrition for health which has an impact on development, productivity, economic growth, and ultimately national development.
- National Nutrition Week was established in 1975 by the members of the American Dietetic Association(ADA), now known as the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- This week was set aside to raise awareness among the general public of the value of good nutrition and the need for an active lifestyle.
National Nutrition Week 2022: Theme
- Every year September 1 to 7 is celebrated as National Nutrition Week and a specific theme is allotted. The theme of National Nutrition Week 2022 is “World of Flavors”.
National Nutrition Week 2022: Significance
- National Nutrition Week is commemorated to educate people about healthy and nutritious food.
- The Food and Nutrition Board of the Government of India’s Ministry of Women and Child Development organizes an annual week-long celebration of National Nutrition Week to inform people about this phenomenon.
- The importance and role of a healthy diet in the human body are emphasized. A balanced diet full of essential nutrients is essential for healthy development.
- On this National Nutrition Week, the Indian government has started programs that emphasize good nutrition, wholesome food, and a healthy lifestyle.
National Nutrition Week Quotes 2022:
- “Exercise is king. Nutrition is queen. Put them together and you have got a kingdom, with your body being that prosperous kingdom.”
- “Diet is the essential key to all successful healing. Without a proper balanced diet, the effectiveness of any medical treatment is very limited.”
National Nutrition Week 2022: FAQs
Q: What is the theme of National Nutrition Week 2022?
A: The theme of National Nutrition Week 2022 is “World of Flavors”.
Q: When was National Nutrition Week celebrated?
A: Every year September 1 to 7 is celebrated as National Nutrition Week.
Also, access free PDFs
IBPS Clerk Exam Centres 2023: Test Cities For Prelims And Mains Exams
Jun 10 2023
IBPS RRB Handwritten Declaration 2023 Format: Check File Size And Dimensions With Left Thumb Impression Details For PO And Clerk Posts
Jun 10 2023
About LIC Of India: History, Establishment, Functions, Objectives, Mission, Chairman And Details
Jun 10 2023
Don’t Miss Any Update
Enter the valid e-mail id and subscribe to Guidely to get the latest updates on all job notifications, Study Materials, Mock Tests and our new launches.
- 3000+ Mock Tests
- Topic / Sectional / ebooks
- Latest Exam Pattern
- 12 Months
- Access Mobile app and Website
- Premium Ebooks and RBI Grade B Phase II Not Included