World Water Day 2022: March 22| History, Theme, Significance and Quotes
Mar 22 2022
World Water Day 2022: World Water Day 2022 is celebrated all over the world on March 22nd, 2022. It is an international event observed annually on March 22nd every year all over the world highlighting the importance of freshwater. The day is used to advocate for the sustainable management of freshwater resources. World Water Day celebrates water and raises awareness of the 2.2 billion people living without access to safe water. It is about taking action to tackle the global water crisis. A core focus of World Water Day is to support the achievement of Sustainable Development Goal 6: water and sanitation for all by 2030.The day is used to advocate for the sustainable management of freshwater resources. The theme of each day focuses on topics relevant to clean water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH), which is in line with the targets of Sustainable Development Goal 6. The UN World Water Development Report (WWDR) is released each year around World Water Day.
World Water Day is an international observance day. The intention is to inspire people around the world to learn more about water-related issues and to take action to make a difference. UN-Water coordinates activities with UN member organizations that share an interest in that year's theme. UN-Water mobilizes organizations of all kinds to action, whether globally or locally.
World Water Day 2022: History
- The idea for this international day goes back to 1992, the year in which the United Nations Conference on Environment and Development in Rio de Janeiro took place. That same year, the United Nations General Assembly adopted a resolution by which 22 March of each year was declared World Day for Water, to be observed starting in 1993.
- Later on, other celebrations and events were added. For instance, the International Year of Cooperation in the Water Sphere 2013, and the current International Decade for Action on Water for Sustainable Development, 2018-2028. These observances serve to reaffirm that water and sanitation measures are key to poverty reduction, economic growth, and environmental sustainability.
World Water Day 2022: Theme
Groundwater: Making The Invisible Visible’ is the theme of World Water Day 2022, proposed by IGRAC. Groundwater is a crucial resource that provides almost half of all drinkable water across the world. Exploring, protecting, and sustainably using groundwater will be the central motive of World Water Day this year. Groundwater is invisible, but its impact is visible everywhere. Out of sight, under our feet, groundwater is a hidden treasure that enriches our lives. Almost all of the liquid freshwater in the world is groundwater. As climate change gets worse, groundwater will become more and more critical. We need to work together to sustainably manage this precious resource. Groundwater may be out of sight, but it must not be out of mind.
World Water Day 2022: Significance
World Water day's intention is to inspire people around the world to learn more about water-related issues and to take action to make a difference. This 2022, the focus is groundwater, an invisible resource with an impact visible everywhere. Relevant issues include water scarcity, water pollution, inadequate water supply, lack of sanitation, and the impacts of climate change that are looked upon on this day. World Water Day is promoted globally by UN agencies to stimulate people across the world by organizing promotional activities to encourage the people, make them address the critical water issues, and also coordinate with the international activities.
World Water Day 2022: Quotes
- Water is one thing that defines life for all the organisms on this planet. On the occasion of World Water Day, let us join hands to conserve water.
- It is time that we must all wake up and understand the urgency of saving water or else we will find ourselves in a different place.
- If we do not save water today then we are going to regret our actions later on. It is time to wake up and save water for saving life on Earth.
World Water Day 2022: FAQs
Q. Why is World Water Day on March 22?
World Water Day, held on 22 March every year since 1993, focuses on the importance of freshwater. World Water Day celebrates water and raises awareness of the 2.2 billion people living without access to safe water. It is about taking action to tackle the global water
Q. What is the theme for World Water Day 2022?
'Groundwater: Making The Invisible Visible' is the theme of World Water Day 2022, proposed by IGRAC.
ECGC PO Shift timings 2022: Check Reporting Time & General Instructions
May 27 2022
Daily Current Affairs & Quiz 2022: Latest Current Affairs, Quiz & News For Today
May 26 2022
Gujarat Metro Rail Recruitment 2022 Notification Out | Apply Online For GM & Other Posts
May 26 2022