World Tuberculosis (TB) Day 2022: March 24| History, Theme, Significance and Quotes
Mar 22 2022
World Tuberculosis (TB) Day 2022: World Tuberculosis (TB) Day 2022 is observed all over the world on March 24th, 2022. World Tuberculosis Day, observed on 24 March each year all over the world is designed to build public awareness about the global epidemic of tuberculosis and efforts to eliminate the disease. It is commemorated to raise public awareness about the devastating health, social and economic consequences of tuberculosis, and to step up efforts to end the global tuberculosis epidemic. The date marks the day in 1882 when Dr. Robert Koch announced he had discovered the bacterium that causes tuberculosis, which opened the way towards diagnosing and curing this disease. World TB Day is a day to educate the public about the impact of TB around the world.
Tuberculosis (TB) is a potentially serious infectious disease that mainly affects the lungs. The bacteria that cause tuberculosis are spread from person to person through tiny droplets released into the air via coughs and sneezes. TB remains one of the world’s deadliest infectious killers. Each day, over 4100 people lose their lives to TB and close to 28,000 people fall ill with this preventable and curable disease. Global efforts to combat TB have saved an estimated 66 million lives since the year 2000. For the first time in over a decade, TB deaths increased in 2020. Until TB is eliminated, World TB Day won’t be a celebration. But it is a valuable opportunity to educate the public about the devastation caused by TB and how it can be stopped.
World Tuberculosis (TB) Day 2022: History
On March 24, 1882, Dr. Robert Koch announced the discovery of Mycobacterium tuberculosis, the bacteria that causes tuberculosis (TB). During this time, TB killed one out of every seven people living in the United States and Europe. Dr. Koch’s discovery was the most important step taken toward the control and elimination of this deadly disease. A century later, March 24 was designated World TB Day: a day to educate the public about the impact of TB around the world.
World Tuberculosis (TB) Day 2022: Theme
The theme of World TB Day 2022 - ‘Invest to End TB. Save Lives.’ –conveys the urgent need to invest resources to ramp up the fight against TB and achieve the commitments to end TB made by global leaders. This is especially critical in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic that has put End TB progress at risk, and to ensure equitable access to prevention and care in line with WHO’s drive towards achieving Universal Health Coverage.
World Tuberculosis (TB) Day 2022: Significance
The World Health Organization developed the Stop TB Strategy as part of the Global Plan to Stop TB. These campaigns are designed to raise worldwide awareness for better treatment, control, and prevention of tuberculosis. World TB Day is a day to educate the public about the impact of TB around the world. TB is treatable and preventive in nature and it is estimated that every day over 4100 people lose their lives to TB and close to 28,000 people get infected. From 2000, the TB prevention and awareness, treatment initiatives have improved the lives of 63 million people.
World Tuberculosis (TB) Day 2022: Quotes
- Tuberculosis is one disease that can take away so many good things from our lives. Let us make everyone aware of it.
- Together we can fight against TB and make this world free from its clutches. Wishing everyone a very Happy World Tuberculosis Day 2022.
- TB must never be taken lightly as it has the power to break a person’s physical as well as mental health.
World Tuberculosis (TB) Day 2022: FAQs
Q. What is the theme of World TB Day 2022?
The theme of World TB Day 2022 - 'Invest to End TB. Save Lives.' –conveys the urgent need to invest resources to ramp up the fight against TB and achieve the commitments to end TB made by global leaders.
Q. Why is World TB Day celebrated?
Each year, we recognize World TB Day on March 24. This annual event commemorates the date in 1882 when Dr. Robert Koch announced his discovery of Mycobacterium tuberculosis, the bacillus that causes tuberculosis (TB). World TB Day is a day to educate the public about the impact of TB around the world.
World Computer Literacy Day 2023 Theme and History: 2nd December
Nov 30 2023
International Day for the Abolition of Slavery 2023 Theme and History: 2nd December
Nov 30 2023
National Pollution Control Day 2023 Theme and History: 2nd December
Nov 30 2023
General Awareness Smart Analysis
- Get Weekly 4 set Test
- Each Set consist of 50 Questions
- Compare your progress with Test 1 & 2 & Test 3 & 4
- Deep Analysis in topic wise questions
- Bundle PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
- Grand Bundle PDF Course 2021
- English Bundle PDF Course
- Insurance & Financial Market Awareness Bundle PDF Course
- Descriptive Papers for Bank & Insurance Exams
- Interview Bundle PDF Course
- General Awareness Smart Analysis
- All Bank Exams Video Course
- All Mock Test Series (Platinum Package)
- All Premium eBooks
PRIME Bundle PDF Course 2023 (Daily Target PDF) - 5 Months
- Exactly Based on Real Exam Pattern
- Language: English and Hindi
- Included with All New Pattern Questions
- Covered All Major Bank (Pre + Mains Exams)
- Answer key with video solution and Quizzes
- Including Previous Year Memory based Questions
- Prepared by Top Expert Faculties
- Total 1,20,000+ Questions
- 5 Months Validity