World Tourism Day 2022: September 27 - History, Theme, Significance, Quotes
Sep 24 2022
World Tourism Day 2022: The World Tourism Day is celebrated on 27th September of every year. The word tourism makes everyone excited. Tourism gives us lots and lots of enjoyable and unforgettable memories with new experiences. So What is Tourism?. Tourism is a business that provides and arranges holidays and services for people who are visiting a place. According to the United Nations World Tourism Organisation(UNWTO), tourism presupposes the movement of people to some other places or countries which are outside from their usual environment for personal or professional purposes. If our trip is as a holiday then, we can enjoy our trip with our family members or our friends by visiting several places within the country or outside of the country and we can acquire some knowledge about the different cultures of the different places. If our trip is professional then its main purpose is attending meetings, conferences, trade fairs etc,. Let’s see the history, theme, significance and some quotes related to World Tourism Day.
List of Important Days in September 2022
World Tourism Day 2022: History
- The United Nations World Tourism Organization celebrated World Tourism Day as an International Observance on 27th September in 1980.
- The statues of the United Nations World Tourism Organization were adapted in the year of 1970 on 27 th September. So this date is chosen as World Tourism Day.
- At its Twelfth Session in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1997, the United Nations World Tourism Organization General Assembly decided to select a country as a host each year to act as the Organization’s partner in the celebration of World Tourism Day.
- The late lgnatius Amaduwa Atigbi, a Nigerian was the one who proposed the idea of making 27th September as a World Tourism Day. The colour of World Tourism is Blue.
World Tourism Day Theme 2022:
- Every year in the host country we celebrate World Tourism Day with some special theme. This year the host country is Indonesia and the World Tourism Day Theme 2022 is “Rethinking Tourism”.
World Tourism Day 2022: Significance
- World Tourism Day is celebrated in order to pay tribute to the tourism industry and to encourage people to travel and to honour those who were working in the tourism sector.
- On this day we can create awareness about the tourism industry and the challenges they faced.
- World Tourism Day also explains how tourism plays an important role in preserving and promoting the culture of the whole world.
- The main purpose of this day is to raise awareness of tourism in affecting the cultural, political, social and economic values of the international community.
World Tourism Day 2022: Quotes
- “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.”
- “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.”
- “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.”
World Tourism Day 2022: FAQs
Q: When is World Tourism Day celebrated?
A: Every year 27th September is celebrated as World Tourism Day.
Q: What is the theme of World Tourism Day 2022?
A: The theme of the World Tourism Day 2022 is Rethinking Tourism.
Also, access free PDFs
IBPS RRB Exam Centres List 2023: For PO, Clerk - Prelims And Mains - City Wise Exam Venues
Jun 01 2023
IBPS RRB Bank List 2023: Check List Of 43 Participating Regional Rural Banks - PO And Clerk Exams
Jun 01 2023
IBPS RRB Photo and Signature Resizer Online Tool: Size Converter to Get Exact Dimensions
Jun 01 2023
Don’t Miss Any Update
Enter the valid e-mail id and subscribe to Guidely to get the latest updates on all job notifications, Study Materials, Mock Tests and our new launches.
- 3000+ Mock Tests
- Topic / Sectional / ebooks
- Latest Exam Pattern
- 12 Months
- Access Mobile app and Website
- Premium Ebooks Not Included