World Tourism Day 2023: September 27 - History, Theme, Significance, and Quotes
Sep 28 2023
World Tourism Day 2023: World Tourism Day is celebrated on 27th September of every year. The word tourism makes everyone excited. Tourism gives us lots and lots of enjoyable and unforgettable memories with new experiences. So What is Tourism? Tourism is a business that provides and arranges holidays and services for people who are visiting a place. According to the United Nations World Tourism Organisation(UNWTO), tourism presupposes the movement of people to other places or countries that are outside of their usual environment for personal or professional purposes. If our trip is as a holiday then, we can enjoy our trip with our family members or our friends by visiting several places within the country or outside of the country and we can acquire some knowledge about the different cultures of the different places. If our trip is professional then its main purpose is attending meetings, conferences, trade fairs, etc, This article will help you to know a detailed explanation of World Tourism Day History, World Tourism Day 2023 Theme, World Tourism Day 2023 Significance, World Tourism Day 2023 quotes, and some important FAQs related to World Tourism Day 2023.
World Tourism Day History
- The United Nations World Tourism Organization celebrated World Tourism Day as an International Observance on 27 September 1980.
- The statues of the United Nations World Tourism Organization were adopted in the year of 1970 on 27th September. So this date is chosen as World Tourism Day.
- At its Twelfth Session in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1997, the United Nations World Tourism Organization General Assembly decided to select a country as a host each year to act as the Organization’s partner in the celebration of World Tourism Day.
- The late Ignatius Amaduwa Atigbi, a Nigerian was the one who proposed the idea of making 27th September a World Tourism Day. The color of World Tourism is Blue.
World Tourism Day 2023 Theme
- Every year in the host country we celebrate World Tourism Day with a special theme. This year the host country is Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and the World Tourism Day Theme 2023 is “Tourism and Green Investment”.
- World Tourism Day 2024 is hosted in Europe with the theme of “Tourism and Peace”.
- World Tourism Day 2025 is hosted in South Asia with the theme of “Tourism and Sustainable Transformation”.
World Tourism Day 2023: Significance
- World Tourism Day is celebrated in order to pay tribute to the tourism industry encourage people to travel and honor those who were working in the tourism sector.
- On this day we can create awareness about the tourism industry and the challenges they face.
- World Tourism Day also explains how tourism plays an important role in preserving and promoting the culture of the whole world.
- The main purpose of this day is to raise awareness of tourism in affecting the cultural, political, social, and economic values of the international community.
World Tourism Day 2023: Quotes
- “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.”
- “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.”
- “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.”
World Tourism Day 2023: FAQs
Q: When is World Tourism Day celebrated?
A: Every year 27th September is celebrated as World Tourism Day.
Q: What is the theme of World Tourism Day 2023?
A: The theme of the World Tourism Day 2023 is “Tourism and Green Investment”.
Also, access free PDFs
World Soil Day 2023 Theme and History: 5th December
Nov 30 2023
International Volunteer Day 2023 Theme and History: 5th December
Nov 30 2023
Indian Navy Day 2023 Theme and History: 4th December
Nov 30 2023
General Awareness Smart Analysis
- Get Weekly 4 set Test
- Each Set consist of 50 Questions
- Compare your progress with Test 1 & 2 & Test 3 & 4
- Deep Analysis in topic wise questions
- Bundle PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
- Grand Bundle PDF Course 2021
- English Bundle PDF Course
- Insurance & Financial Market Awareness Bundle PDF Course
- Descriptive Papers for Bank & Insurance Exams
- Interview Bundle PDF Course
- General Awareness Smart Analysis
- All Bank Exams Video Course
- All Mock Test Series (Platinum Package)
- All Premium eBooks
PRIME Bundle PDF Course 2023 (Daily Target PDF) - 5 Months
- Exactly Based on Real Exam Pattern
- Language: English and Hindi
- Included with All New Pattern Questions
- Covered All Major Bank (Pre + Mains Exams)
- Answer key with video solution and Quizzes
- Including Previous Year Memory based Questions
- Prepared by Top Expert Faculties
- Total 1,20,000+ Questions
- 5 Months Validity