World Suicide Prevention Day 2022: September 10 - History, Theme, Significance, Quotes
Sep 08 2022
World Suicide Prevention Day 2022: World Suicide Prevention Day is observed on september 10 of every year. World Suicide Prevention Day is organized to create awareness against suicide. Nowadays the growing list of suicide is shocking everyone. Mainly the students and youngsters committed suicide due to some mental pressure. Suicide is a serious problem in public health care for every country. For the past five decades suicide is increasing in India. During 2021 the suicide rate increased by 7.2% compared to 2020. Increasing awareness can reduce the rate of suicide. We should spend time and speak clearly about our situation and our thoughts to our neighbors. Suicide is not a solution to a problem we have to overcome our problems with our knowledge.
List of Important Days in September 2022
World Suicide Prevention Day: History
- World suicide prevention day was observed on 10th September 2003.
- This day was first announced by the International Association for Suicide Prevention(IASP) and World Health Organization(WHO).
- In 1960 the IASP was established by the late professor Erwin Ringel and Dr. Norman Faberlow in Vienna. This organization is a non-governmental which is concerned with suicide prevention.
- The first World Suicide report was released in 2014 “Preventing Suicide: A Global Imperative”, it is focused on suicide prevention and makes it a high priority on the global public agenda.
World Suicide Prevention Day 2022 Theme:
- World Suicide Prevention Day is organized with a special theme every year. World Suicide Prevention Day 2022 Theme is “Creating hope through action”. This theme is to indicate that there is an alternative to suicide and aims to gain confidence.
World Suicide Prevention Day 2022: Significance
- Generally, mental health weakness causes depression, and it leads to a path to suicide sometimes the financial crisis and some situations also lead to a path to suicide.
- World Suicide Prevention Day is observed to create a platform to raise awareness of suicide and prevent people from suicide by conducting some counseling classes.
- Suicide is not about a death of a single person but it badly affects the person’s family. So we have to create awareness to reduce the suicide rate.
- We all can create hope through action and be light by encouraging people with our experience and giving them some confidence so that we can reduce the suicide rate.
World Suicide Prevention Day 2022: Quotes
- “The greatest glory in living lies in not falling, but in rising every time we fall”.
- “I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow”.
World Suicide Prevention Day 2022: FAQs
Q: Which date is observed as World Suicide Prevention Day?
A: Every year of 10th September is observed as World Suicide Prevention Day.
Q: What is the theme of World Suicide Prevention Day in 2022?
A: The theme of World Suicide Prevention Day in 2022 is “Creating hope through action”.
Also, access free PDFs
IBPS Clerk Exam Centres 2023: Test Cities For Prelims And Mains Exams
Jun 10 2023
IBPS RRB Handwritten Declaration 2023 Format: Check File Size And Dimensions With Left Thumb Impression Details For PO And Clerk Posts
Jun 10 2023
About LIC Of India: History, Establishment, Functions, Objectives, Mission, Chairman And Details
Jun 10 2023
Don’t Miss Any Update
Enter the valid e-mail id and subscribe to Guidely to get the latest updates on all job notifications, Study Materials, Mock Tests and our new launches.
- 3000+ Mock Tests
- Topic / Sectional / ebooks
- Latest Exam Pattern
- 12 Months
- Access Mobile app and Website
- Premium Ebooks and RBI Grade B Phase II Not Included