World Pulses Day 2023 Theme and History: 10th February
Feb 10 2023
World Pulses Day 2023 Theme and History: Candidates preparing for the competitive exams should study World Pulses day 2023 in detail. It is one of the important days in February. World Pulses Day 2023 is observed on 10th February. In 2018, the United Nations established Pulses Day as an annual international celebration of the significance and nutritional advantages of pulses (sometimes referred to as "legumes"). Additionally, the U.N. considers pulses to be not only nutrient-dense but also capable of assisting in the creation of sustainable food systems that will help end world hunger and poverty. World Pulses Day 2023 theme will be updated on this page. Students preparing for the exam should read this page completely to know about the theme and other details. To know about other important national and international days in February, Please click the link below.
Important Days In February 2023
World Pulses Day 2023
On December 20, 2018, the General Assembly of the United Nations proclaimed February 10 as World Pulses Day through resolution (A/RES/73/251), and the day has been celebrated as a global event since 2019 and supported by many member nations.
World Pulses Day 2023 is observed on the 10th February 2023.
World Pulses Day History
- By definition, pulses only include dried seeds from leguminous plants grown for food and do not include green vegetable crops that were harvested. Their seeds are significant and healthy superfoods because they are packed with vital elements including fiber, protein, vitamins, and minerals.
- Building on the success and momentum of the I.Y.P., and recognizing the potential of pulses to further achieve the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, Burkina Faso, a landlocked West African nation, proposed the global observance of World Pulses Day. On December 20, 2018, the General Assembly of the United Nations proclaimed February 10 as World Pulses Day through resolution (A/RES/73/251), and the day has been celebrated as a global event since 2019 and supported by many member nations. According to the U.N., pulses remain influential in mitigating the global challenges of poverty, food security and nutrition, human health, and soil health.
World Pulses Day 2023 Theme
World Pulses Day 2023 theme set by the UN this year is ‘Pulses for a Sustainable Future.’ Please read the theme before appearing for the examination.
World Pulses Day 2023 Significance
Let us see about World Pulses Day 2023 Significance in detail.
- Sponsor an Event on World Pulses Day 2023
- By planning an event that emphasizes the value of pulses, anyone from anywhere in the world can participate in World Pulses Day. Think of holding a symposium or seminar to discuss the importance of this superfood. On a memorable day with your family, friends, or coworkers, serve pulses. Just make sure none of the legumes cause allergies in your guests.
- Donate Pulses
- Do you know of a nearby farm or food bank that might enjoy receiving a donation of legumes? On this day, give them pulses to help end hunger and improve global food security.
- Share about World Pulses Day 2023
- Everyone is welcome to join the U.N. in celebrating Globe Pulses Day by sharing their messages on social media with the rest of the world. Use the hashtags #WorldPulsesDay and #LovePulses to participate. By sending a direct email to [email protected], you may also register your event.
World Pulses Day 2023 FAQs
Q: When is World Pulses Day 2023 observed?
A: World Pulses Day 2023 is observed on 10th February.
Q: Who Organised the World Pulses Day?
A: UN General Assembly organized World Pulses Day first.
Q: When UN General Assembly first decided to celebrate World Pulses Day?
A: On December 20, 2018, the General Assembly of the United Nations proclaimed February 10 as World Pulses Day through resolution (A/RES/73/251), and the day has been celebrated as a global event since 2019 and supported by many member nations.
IBPS Clerk Exam Centres 2023: Test Cities For Prelims And Mains Exams
Jun 10 2023
IBPS RRB Handwritten Declaration 2023 Format: Check File Size And Dimensions With Left Thumb Impression Details For PO And Clerk Posts
Jun 10 2023
About LIC Of India: History, Establishment, Functions, Objectives, Mission, Chairman And Details
Jun 10 2023
Don’t Miss Any Update
Enter the valid e-mail id and subscribe to Guidely to get the latest updates on all job notifications, Study Materials, Mock Tests and our new launches.
- 3000+ Mock Tests
- Topic / Sectional / ebooks
- Latest Exam Pattern
- 12 Months
- Access Mobile app and Website
- Premium Ebooks and RBI Grade B Phase II Not Included