World Patient Safety Day 2023: September 17 - History, Theme, Significance, and Quotes
Sep 17 2023
World Patient Safety Day 2023: Every year September 17 is observed as World Patient Safety Day. The person who is ill or injured and in need of treatment by a doctor or any other health care provider is referred to as a patient. Patient safety is a healthcare discipline. It aims to prevent the patients during the recovery period. Lots of Patients were harmed each year due to the wrong healthcare method. According to the World Health Organization, millions of deaths take place because of the error made in patient safety To create awareness of this day to the people, many national and local events are organized all over the world. This day brings health workers, families, communities, healthcare leaders, and policymakers together to show their commitment to patient safety. This article will help you to know a detailed explanation of World Patient Safety Day History, World Patient Safety Day 2023 Theme, World Patient Safety Day 2023 Significance, World Patient Safety Day 2023 Quotes, and some important FAQs related to World Patient Safety Day 2023.
World Patient Safety Day: History
- In the year of 2019, the World Health Assembly established World Patient Safety Day with a resolution on patient safety at the international level.
- The World Health Assembly adopted the resolution WHA 72.6 on “Global action on patient safety” which was built on a series of Annual Global Ministerial summits in 2016.
- Though this day was established in 2019, this day was first observed in the year 2021.
World Patient Safety Day 2023 Theme
- Every year World Patient Safety Day is celebrated with some special theme and slogan.
- The World Patient Safety Day Theme in 2023 is "Engaging patients for patient safety", to recognize the crucial role patients, families, and caregivers play in the safety of health care.
World Patient Safety Day 2023: Significance
- This day is observed in order to create awareness on a global level about medication and medication-related problems due to the errors made in practice.
- World Patient Safety Day is celebrated by lighting up the orange color all over the world in public places.
- This day supports enhancing health care delivery. This day creates awareness about the possibilities of risk due to ignoring Patient Safety.
World Patient Safety Day 2023: Quotes
- “Life is not merely being alive, but being well.”
- “At the end of the day, the goals are simple: Safety and security”.
World Patient Safety Day 2023: FAQs
Q: When was World Patient Safety Day established?
A: World Patient Safety Day was established in the year of 2019.
Q: What is the theme and slogan of World Patient Safety Day 2023?
A: The theme of World Patient Safety Day 2023 is "Engaging patients for patient safety".
Also, access free PDFs
World Soil Day 2023 Theme and History: 5th December
Nov 30 2023
International Volunteer Day 2023 Theme and History: 5th December
Nov 30 2023
Indian Navy Day 2023 Theme and History: 4th December
Nov 30 2023
General Awareness Smart Analysis
- Get Weekly 4 set Test
- Each Set consist of 50 Questions
- Compare your progress with Test 1 & 2 & Test 3 & 4
- Deep Analysis in topic wise questions
- Bundle PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
- Grand Bundle PDF Course 2021
- English Bundle PDF Course
- Insurance & Financial Market Awareness Bundle PDF Course
- Descriptive Papers for Bank & Insurance Exams
- Interview Bundle PDF Course
- General Awareness Smart Analysis
- All Bank Exams Video Course
- All Mock Test Series (Platinum Package)
- All Premium eBooks
PRIME Bundle PDF Course 2023 (Daily Target PDF) - 5 Months
- Exactly Based on Real Exam Pattern
- Language: English and Hindi
- Included with All New Pattern Questions
- Covered All Major Bank (Pre + Mains Exams)
- Answer key with video solution and Quizzes
- Including Previous Year Memory based Questions
- Prepared by Top Expert Faculties
- Total 1,20,000+ Questions
- 5 Months Validity