World Organ Donation Day 2023: August 13 History, Theme, Significance, and Quotes
Aug 12 2023
World Organ Donation Day 2023: Many aspirants have the question World Organ Donation Day is observed annually on which day? Here we are providing the answer to that. Every year World Organ Donation Day is celebrated on the 13th of August to raise awareness about the importance of organ donation and encourage people to donate their organs after death. Let us discuss World Organ Donation Day 2023 in detail. One person can save eight lives from chronic illness by donating organs like the heart, kidney, pancreas, lungs, liver, intestines, hands, face, tissues, bone marrow, and stem cells. However, it is important to make sure the persons who donate organs should not suffer from HIV, Cancer, or any Heart disease. There is an extreme need for critical organs by thousands of people across the world. The main reason for celebrating World Organ Donation Day 2023 is to overcome the myths and fears in people’s minds due to a lack of awareness about organ donation and also to encourage more people to become registered organ donors and commit to donating their organs after death to save the lives of critically ill people. So here we have given the information for World Organ Donation Day 2023 History, World Organ Donation Day 2023 Theme, World Organ Donation Day 2023 significance, and World Organ Donation Day 2023 quotes. You can get to know all the information about World Organ Donation Day 2023 by making use of this article.
World Organ Donation Day History
In 1954, the first successful organ donation took place in the United States. Ronald Lee Herrick donated his kidney to his twin brother Richard J. Herrick and he was the world’s first organ donor. Dr. Joseph Murray was the doctor who carried out this successful kidney transplantation. The doctor was honored with Nobel Prize in Physiology and Medicine for bringing advances in organ transplantation in the year 1990. The world overcomes unawareness and improves organ donation initiatives based on their conditions and capacity. Since 2010, India celebrates National Organ Day on 27th November to promote organ donation under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare by National Organ and Tissue Transplant Organization (NOTTO).
World Organ Donation Day 2023 Theme
Every year World Organ Donation Day is celebrated on the 13th of August and a specific theme is allotted. The theme of World Organ Donation Day 2023 is yet to be announced. Organ donation saves the lives of millions of people and wishes for the survival of those suffering from organ failure.
World Organ Donation Day 2023 Significance
The main objective of World Organ Donation Day 2023 is to raise awareness of the need for donating organs and to thank organ donors for their life-saving contributions. Organ donation is the surgical removal of an organ like a kidney, liver, heart, or pancreas from a donor and then the removed organ is transplanted to another person whose organ has failed. World Organ Donation Day 2023 inspires people to engage in organ donation after death. One of the noblest acts of humanity is Organ donation. India is struggling with a shortage of donors and organs for transplantation, mainly for heart transplants. On this World Organ Donation Day 2023, let us pledge to donate organs and save the lives of patients suffering from end-stage organ failure.
World Organ Donation Day 2023 Quotes
- “The decision to become a donor can save up to eight lives and enhance many more- men, women, and children who depend on the generosity and sacrifice of others. I encourage individuals of all ages and backgrounds to consider this unique opportunity to help those in need and to discuss this choice with friends and family.” - Barack Obama
- “The measure of life is not its duration but its donation.” - Peter Marshall
- “Live life after death - pledge to donate your body.” - Amit Abraham
- “It takes lives to save lives.” - Oscar Auliq-Ice
- “I would donate whatever anybody would take.” - George Clooney
|Current Affairs - Daily, Weekly, Monthly||English Language Free PDFs|
|Quantitative Aptitude Free PDFs||Free Bundle PDF|
World Organ Donation Day 2023 FAQs
Q. When is World Organ Donation Day 2023 celebrated?
A. World Organ Donation Day 2023 is celebrated on the 13th of August.
Q. Who is the world’s first organ donor?
A. Ronald Lee Herrick is the world’s first organ donor.
World Cotton Day 2023: October 7 - History, Theme, Significance, Quotes
Sep 29 2023
World Habitat Day 2023: October 2 - History, Theme, Significance, Quotes
Sep 29 2023
World Smile Day 2023: October 6 - History, Theme, Significance, Quotes
Sep 29 2023
General Awareness Smart Analysis
- Get Weekly 4 set Test
- Each Set consist of 50 Questions
- Compare your progress with Test 1 & 2 & Test 3 & 4
- Deep Analysis in topic wise questions
- Bundle PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
- Grand Bundle PDF Course 2021
- English Bundle PDF Course
- Insurance & Financial Market Awareness Bundle PDF Course
- Descriptive Papers for Bank & Insurance Exams
- Interview Bundle PDF Course
- General Awareness Smart Analysis
- All Bank Exams Video Course
- All Mock Test Series (Platinum Package)
- All Premium eBooks
PRIME Bundle PDF Course 2023 (Daily Target PDF)
- Exactly Based on Real Exam Pattern
- Language: English and Hindi
- Included with All New Pattern Questions
- Covered All Major Bank (Pre + Mains Exams)
- Answer key with video solution and Quizzes
- Including Previous Year Memory based Questions
- Prepared by Top Expert Faculties
- Total 1,20,000+ Questions
- 8 Months Validity