World Oral Health Day 2023: Check History, Theme, Significance and Quotes
Mar 20 2023
World Oral Health Day 2023 Theme: On March 20th of this current year, World Oral Health Day 2023 is celebrated all over the world. Every year World Oral Health Day 2023 is observed globally and it is an annual event celebrated on March 20th every year. It focuses on highlighting the benefits of good oral health, spreads awareness about oral diseases, and promotes the maintenance of oral hygiene. The holiday is sponsored and marketed by F.D.I. World Dental Federation, the day has presented itself as a flagship forum to discuss and talk about dental care and oral hygiene. On this day, dentists and oral Hygienists use various platforms to educate people on achieving good oral hygiene and expanding on different treatments.
Oral health is as important as general health. It helps you maintain a healthy mouth, teeth, and gums. It also helps to improve your appearance. Poor oral health can not only lead to oral diseases but also major health problems like heart disease, diabetes mellitus, stroke, respiratory problems, and premature births in pregnant women.
Tips for maintaining good oral health
- Brush your teeth twice a day regularly.
- Visit a dentist every 6 months and get an oral health check-up done.
- Avoid the use of tobacco and excessive alcohol.
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet rich in fruits and vegetables.
- Avoid excessive intake of refined sugar foods like cakes, cookies, and candies.
World Oral Health Day 2023
World Oral Health Day 2023 is observed on the 20th of March 2023.
World Oral Health Day History
WOHD was first declared and originally celebrated on September 12, 2007, however, the campaign came into action in 2013. The day March 20 is marked to celebrate the event to avoid conflicts with FDI World Dental Congress that took place in September. The date was also chosen to reflect the importance of oral hygiene and care as the children must have 20 baby teeth and the senior citizens must be left with 20 teeth at the end of their life. Healthy adults must have 32 teeth with 0 dental cavities.
World Oral Health Day 2023 Theme
This year, World Dental Federation (FDI) unveiled the three-year theme (2021 – 2023)," Be Proud of Your Mouth" for World Oral Health Day (WOHD). The theme aims at motivating people to value and take care of their mouths and protect their general health and well-being by doing so. To celebrate the day, FDI World Dental Federation holds conferences and seminars to spread awareness regarding oral health and hygiene. On World Oral Health Day 2023, we are asking everyone to take meaningful action to help end the neglect of global oral health. This year, help us spread the word to encourage as many people as possible to look after their mouths and protect their quality of life.
World Oral Health Day 2023 Significance
On World Oral Health Day 2023, we are asking everyone to take meaningful action to help end the neglect of global oral health. This year, help us spread the word to encourage as many people as possible to look after their mouths and protect their quality of life. Our mouth is a passage for many things including food, essential nutrients as well as germs and bacteria. Hence, it is necessary to look after oral health, regardless of age. There are several oral diseases that people of any age can suffer. Tooth decay, gum disease, cavities, and bad breath affects our health badly, and ignoring these might cause a greater risk to our body. A healthy mouth and a healthy body go hand in hand. Maintaining a healthy mouth is crucial to keeping it functioning correctly and for maintaining overall health and quality of life.
World Oral Health Day 2023 Quotes
- Brushing your teeth every day is of extreme importance to enjoy hygiene and health. Warm greetings on World Oral Health Day to everyone.
- The occasion of World Oral Health Day reminds us all that we must never compromise with the hygiene of our teeth and mouth.
- Our teeth are very precious and we must not lose them to realize how important they are to us.
World Oral Health Day 2023 FAQs
Q. What is oral health awareness?
In adults, their dental health awareness should be assessed by their dentists. If they are aware of their dental health they will be able to know what dental practices should they maintain to sustain the health of their teeth and what practices should they need to reinforce to have healthy and strong teeth.
Q. What is primary oral health care?
Primary Oral Health Care (POHC) delivery which is focused on preventive services as well as handling dental emergencies is only provided in a limited number of these health facilities in the country.
Q. When is World Oral Health Day 2023 observed?
World Oral Health Day 2023 is observed on 20th March 2023.
Famous Inventions And Inventors List PDF New Discoveries And Inventions
Dec 06 2023
List of Important Joint Military Exercises Of India With Other Countries And Types Of Army
Dec 06 2023
Nobel Prize Winners 2023 PDF: Nobel Prize Winners Across Various Fields
Dec 06 2023
General Awareness Smart Analysis
- Get Weekly 4 set Test
- Each Set consist of 50 Questions
- Compare your progress with Test 1 & 2 & Test 3 & 4
- Deep Analysis in topic wise questions
- Bundle PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
- Grand Bundle PDF Course 2021
- English Bundle PDF Course
- Insurance & Financial Market Awareness Bundle PDF Course
- Descriptive Papers for Bank & Insurance Exams
- Interview Bundle PDF Course
- General Awareness Smart Analysis
- All Bank Exams Video Course
- All Mock Test Series (Platinum Package)
- All Premium eBooks
Premium PDF Course 12 Months
- Bundle PDF Course 2024
- Prime PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
PRIME Bundle PDF Course 2023 (Daily Target PDF)
- Exactly Based on Real Exam Pattern
- Language: English and Hindi
- Included with All New Pattern Questions
- Covered All Major Bank (Pre + Mains Exams)
- Answer key with video solution and Quizzes
- Including Previous Year Memory based Questions
- Prepared by Top Expert Faculties
- Total 1,20,000+ Questions
- 12 Months Validity