World Hydrography Day 2023: June 21 History, theme, Significance, and Quotes
Jun 21 2023
World Hydrography Day 2023: On June 21st of this year, World Hydrography Day 2023 is observed all over the world. Every year on June 21st, World Hydrography Day is commemorated to promote awareness about the importance of hydrography, safe navigation, and maritime environmental conservation. World Hydrography Day 2023 was established by the International Hydrographic Organization as an annual celebration to increase awareness about the work of hydrographers and give education about the field of hydrography and its relevance in people's lives. Every year since 2006, a topic for World Hydrography Day has been chosen, and events, activities, and programs have been planned appropriately. Hydrography's role in everyday life may surprise you. Every year, more than a billion metric tonnes of goods pass through the ports of our country. This raises the question of how smoothly, efficiently, and safely the nation's marine transportation system operates. Hydrography is the solution to this problem.
Environmental protection, economic development, scientific research, defense, and security are all carried out via hydrography. The aim of World Hydrography Day 2023 is to raise awareness about protecting marine life and ensuring safe navigation. The purpose is to show how hydrography, as applied science, helps to ensure that oceans are used sustainably. This might include how current surveys and data can be utilized for efforts such as marine environmental protection, coastal zone management, marine protected areas, marine spatial data infrastructures, renewable energy, and all other aspects of the blue economy.
World Hydrography Day History
- The International Hydrographic Bureau was founded in 1921 with the goal of providing a forum for states to confer on issues such as safe navigation, technical standards, and the conservation of the maritime environment.
- In 1970, the name was changed to the International Hydrographic Organization (IHO).
- In 2005, the United Nations General Assembly passed a resolution calling for the International Hydrographic Organization to commemorate World Hydrography Day on June 21st.
- The international commemoration of World Hydrography Day began in 2006.
- The day honors hydrographers' efforts and raises awareness about the vital importance of hydrography in people's lives.
World Hydrography Day 2023 Theme
The World Hydrography Day 2023 Theme is “Hydrography – underpinning the digital twin of the ocean”. It intends to display the past, present, and future of Hydrography, as well as explore and raise awareness about the role performed by hydrographers in keeping our nation's waterways secure, safe navigation, and economy robust during the past 100 years. Everyone is encouraged to take part in World Hydrography Day 2023 in order to enhance public awareness about the relevance of hydrography.WHD provides opportunities for national hydrographic offices, industry partners, expert contributors, and the scientific community to promote their work and services. Everyone is welcome to take part. Organizations are invited to forward to the Secretariat any materials they create in support of their WHD celebrations to post on the IHO online communication outlets. This can include pictures, videos, or even articles.
World Hydrography Day 2023 Significance
The major goal of the 2021 World Hydrography Day Theme is to promote hydrographers' work, raise awareness about it, and educate people about the relevance of hydrography. Every year, a new topic is chosen, and activities and programs are organized around that theme. This exhibition will demonstrate the past, present, and future of Hydrography by highlighting advances in technology and understanding over the last 100 years. The major goal of World Hydrography Day 2023 is to promote hydrographers' work, raise awareness about it, and educate people about the relevance of hydrography. Every year, a new topic is chosen, and activities and programs are organized around that theme. This exhibition will demonstrate the past, present, and future of Hydrography by highlighting advances in technology and understanding over the last 100 years.
World Hydrography Day 2023 Quotes
- All human beings need to get familiar with Earth’s components and hence this day is celebrated to make people aware of the importance of hydrography.
- On this beautiful day let us take this moment to look into our Earth’s resources. A pleased hydrography day to everyone celebrating.
- Everything on this earth is bought and sold, except air and water, and they would be if a kind Creator had not made the supply too grate for the demand.
World Hydrography Day 2023 FAQs
Q: When is World Hydrography Day celebrated?
A: World Hydrography Day is celebrated every year on 21st June to raise awareness about the importance of hydrography, safe navigation, and protection of the marine environment.
Q: What is the World Hydrography Day 2023 Theme?
A: The World Hydrography Day 2023 Theme is “Hydrography – underpinning the digital twin of the ocean”.
Also, access free PDFs
National Energy Conservation Day 2023 Theme and History: 14th December
Nov 30 2023
List of Important Days in December 2023: Download National and International Days with Themes PDF
Nov 30 2023
UNICEF Foundation Day 2023 Theme and History: 11th December
Nov 30 2023
General Awareness Smart Analysis
- Get Weekly 4 set Test
- Each Set consist of 50 Questions
- Compare your progress with Test 1 & 2 & Test 3 & 4
- Deep Analysis in topic wise questions
- Bundle PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
- Grand Bundle PDF Course 2021
- English Bundle PDF Course
- Insurance & Financial Market Awareness Bundle PDF Course
- Descriptive Papers for Bank & Insurance Exams
- Interview Bundle PDF Course
- General Awareness Smart Analysis
- All Bank Exams Video Course
- All Mock Test Series (Platinum Package)
- All Premium eBooks
PRIME Bundle PDF Course 2023 (Daily Target PDF) - 5 Months
- Exactly Based on Real Exam Pattern
- Language: English and Hindi
- Included with All New Pattern Questions
- Covered All Major Bank (Pre + Mains Exams)
- Answer key with video solution and Quizzes
- Including Previous Year Memory based Questions
- Prepared by Top Expert Faculties
- Total 1,20,000+ Questions
- 5 Months Validity