World Food Safety Day 2023: June 7 History, theme, Significance, and Quotes
Jun 07 2023
World Food Safety Day 2023: On June 7th of this current year World Food Safety Day 2023 is observed all over the world as an awareness event. Every year on June 7th, World Food Safety Day is commemorated. The major goal of this day is to raise awareness and empower people to recognize, prevent, and manage food-related dangers. This day is commemorated to reduce the global burden of food-borne illnesses. Food and shelter are the most fundamental needs of all living things. Humans strive to achieve the most fundamental requirements of daily living. For a basic quality of living, we are completely reliant on food, air, water, and clothing. As a result, World Food Safety Day is observed to educate people and the general public about the significance of food. This day helps people all across the world with their health, agriculture, food security, and economic success. Food safety is crucial in guaranteeing the safety of food at every stage of the food chain, from production through harvest, processing, storage, and distribution, to preparation and consumption.
Food safety is essential for ensuring food safety at all stages of the food chain, from production to consumption, in order to avoid foodborne illness. It is a scientific method that ensures that food is safe to eat at all times, including during handling, preparation, and storage. At its most basic level, food safety is a joint responsibility of governments, producers, and consumers. From manufacturing through consumption, everyone has a duty to play in ensuring that the food we eat is safe to eat and will not create any health problems. Through World Food Safety Day, WHO continues its efforts to mainstream food safety in government agencies and prevent food-borne diseases throughout the world.
World Food Safety Day History
- The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and the World Health Organization (WHO) have been tasked by the United Nations (UN) to lead efforts to promote food safety across the world.
- Since June 7, 2019, the World Health Organization (WHO) has collaborated with the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) to commemorate the First World Food Safety Day.
- On December 20, 2018, the United Nations General Assembly passed a resolution designating June 7 as a day "celebrating the various advantages of safe food." On August 3, 2020, the World Health Assembly (WHA) voted a resolution designating June 7 as World Food Safety Day every year.
- The first ever World Food Safety Day was adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in December 2018.
World Food Safety Day 2023 Theme
'Food Standards Save Lives' is the theme for World Food Safety Day 2023. The focus of the subject is on the importance and advantages of safe food since it is one of the most important determinants of good health. World Food Safety Day 2023 was held on June 7, 2023, to raise awareness about the need of eating healthy foods. The day is aiming to raise public awareness of food safety since safe food is crucial to human health and well-being. Every year, 600 million individuals are infected with food-borne illnesses. Children under the age of five are particularly vulnerable. Poverty-stricken areas are more susceptible to infections as a result of consuming unsanitary food.
World Food Safety Day 2023 Significance
Food safety is vital because it is critical that food remains safe at all stages of cultivation, harvesting, processing, storage, distribution, and consumption. Every year, thousands of people become ill and die as a result of eating food contaminated with germs, viruses, and other chemical components. As a result, World Food Safety Day is observed to promote action that assures food safety and reduces the burden of foodborne illnesses throughout the world. Given the Covid-19 situation, there has never been a greater pressing need to secure health care. Strengthening immunity, preventing the spread of foodborne illnesses, and instilling good, sanitary behaviors in agricultural areas, markets, and everywhere else where food is handled have never been more important.
World Food Safety Day 2023 Quotes
- There are people in the world so hungry that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.
- We are going to do everything possible to make sure that food safety is always paramount, and that we work with the industry as aggressively as we can to make sure that we are paying attention to food safety issues.
- Many countries have food safety systems from farm to table. Everybody involved in the food supply is required to follow standard food safety procedures. You would think that everyone involved with food would not want people to get sick from it.
World Food Safety Day 2023 FAQs
Q: How is food safety Day celebrated?
A: World Food Safety Day is an annual celebration to draw attention to and inspire action to help prevent, detect and manage foodborne risks. This guide presents information for the fourth World Food Safety Day which we invite you to celebrate on (or around) 7 June 2023.
Q: What is the theme for World Food Safety Day this year?
A: 'Safer Food, Better Health' is the theme for World Food Safety Day 2023. The focus of the subject is on the importance and advantages of safe food since it is one of the most important determinants of good health.
Also, access free PDFs
SBI Exam Calendar 2023 PDF Download: State Bank Of India Clerk, PO And SO Exam Schedule
Dec 09 2023
Upcoming Bank Exams 2024 Full List PDF Download: Check Notification, Date
Dec 09 2023
Upcoming Government Exams 2024-25 PDF: Download Full List For Bank, SSC, Railway Exams
Dec 09 2023
General Awareness Smart Analysis
- Get Weekly 4 set Test
- Each Set consist of 50 Questions
- Compare your progress with Test 1 & 2 & Test 3 & 4
- Deep Analysis in topic wise questions
- Bundle PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
- Grand Bundle PDF Course 2021
- English Bundle PDF Course
- Insurance & Financial Market Awareness Bundle PDF Course
- Descriptive Papers for Bank & Insurance Exams
- Interview Bundle PDF Course
- General Awareness Smart Analysis
- All Bank Exams Video Course
- All Mock Test Series (Platinum Package)
- All Premium eBooks
Premium PDF Course 12 Months
- Bundle PDF Course 2024
- Prime PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
PRIME Bundle PDF Course 2023 (Daily Target PDF)
- Exactly Based on Real Exam Pattern
- Language: English and Hindi
- Included with All New Pattern Questions
- Covered All Major Bank (Pre + Mains Exams)
- Answer key with video solution and Quizzes
- Including Previous Year Memory based Questions
- Prepared by Top Expert Faculties
- Total 1,20,000+ Questions
- 12 Months Validity