World Deaf Day 2022: September 26 - History, Theme, Significance, Quotes
Sep 24 2022
World Deaf Day 2022: The World Deaf Day is celebrated every year on the last sunday of September. This year World Deaf Day was celebrated on the 26th September. The last week of September is celebrated as the International Week of the Deaf by the World Federation of the Deaf(WFD) and its national associations all over the world. Deaf is spotted as a disability but deaf people usually identify themselves as hard of hearing because they interact in the hearing world and they have ability to communicate.The people who are hard of hearing or have no hearing use sign language for communication. According to the World Federation of the Deaf, there are 70 million Deaf people in the world and among them more than 80% of them are from developing countries. Let’s see the history, theme, significance and quotes of World Deaf Day.
World Deaf Day 2022: History
- The World Federation of the Deaf initiated the World Deaf Day in the year of 1958. This day falls on the last Sunday of September. The first World Conference of the World Federation of the Deaf took place in Rome, Italy in 1951.
- The last week of September is observed as the International Week of the Deaf and International Day of Sign Language.
- In 1959, the United Nations and World Health Organization recognized the World Federation of the Deaf.
- In 2018, The International Sign Language is recognized during the last week in September along with World Day of the Deaf.
World Deaf Day 2022 Theme:
- World Deaf Day is celebrated with some special theme. The World Deaf Day 2022 theme is yet to be announced.
World Deaf Day 2022: Significance
- World Deaf Day is observed in order to create awareness about the types and causes of hearing loss and spread awareness about the deaf culture.
- Being Deaf is not a disability, on this day we can conduct some camps to educate people about the healthy lifestyle and eating habits.
- To educate people about deafness, Many deaf organizations, schools, colleges and universities hold several activities and conduct some events to create awareness about the cause of deafness.
- We can help them by arranging some workshops and lessons on sign language to motivate them. By using technology we can change their lives in a better way.
World Deaf Day Quotes:
- “I live my life like everyone else; everyone has their own obstacles. Mine is deafness”.
- “We have made mistakes. In our haste to do all things for all people, we did not foresee the full consequences of our actions. And when the people raised their voices, we didn’t hear. But our deafness was only a temporary condition, and not an irreversible condition”.
- “The handicap of deafness is not in the ear; it is in the mind”.
World Deaf Day 2022: FAQs
Q: Who initiated World Deaf Day?
A: The World Federation of the Deaf initiated the World Deaf Day in the year of 1958.
Q: When was the first conference of the World Federation of the Deaf held?
A: The first conference of the World Federation of the Deaf took place in Rome, Italy in 1951.
Also, access free PDFs
Government Schemes For RBI Grade B Exam 2023 PDF Download: Important Schemes With Details
Jun 01 2023
IBPS Clerk or RRB PO Which is Better? Check Complete Explanation Here
Jun 01 2023
IBPS Clerk Bank Preference List 2023: Check Details Of Participating Banks And Its Headquarters
Jun 01 2023
Don’t Miss Any Update
Enter the valid e-mail id and subscribe to Guidely to get the latest updates on all job notifications, Study Materials, Mock Tests and our new launches.
- 3000+ Mock Tests
- Topic / Sectional / ebooks
- Latest Exam Pattern
- 12 Months
- Access Mobile app and Website
- Premium Ebooks Not Included