World Autism Awareness Day 2023: April 2| History, theme, Significance, and Quotes
Mar 31 2022
World Autism Awareness Day 2023: On April 2nd of this current year World Autism Awareness Day 2023 is observed all over the world. It is a global event celebrated all over the world annually on April 2nd every year. The day recognizes and spreads awareness for the rights of people with autism. The condition typically starts during childhood and continues into adulthood. World Autism Awareness Day celebrates the resilience of those affected by the disorder and supports causes that promote awareness of it. Children in schools are educated about autism and encouraged to be accepting of it. As autistic children are subjected to bullying, their peers need to be tolerant and inclusive of them.
The signs of autism are at times not so prevalent, which is why adults (especially parents) are also educated on this matter. Local businesses and shopping centers are also big on autism awareness, and a portion of their sales go towards autism causes and organizations. Scientists found recently that many genetic mutations can be associated with autism, the results show that there are more than 100 autism risk genes. But also most of the cases have a complex combination of genetic and environmental factors.
List of Important Days in April 2023
World Autism Awareness Day History
- In the 1970s, Treatments included secretin injection and risperidone to act on dopamine receptors.
- In 1995, as a result of her 30-year study, Sula Wolff published that children with Asperger syndrome represent the most subtle and most able end of the autism spectrum because they become independent as adults and display exceptional gifts.
- In 2007, created by the United Nations General Assembly, World Autism Awareness Day lands on April 2 every year.
- In 2013, The "American Psychiatric Association" developed a unified category of Autism Spectrum in the "Fifth Edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual Of Mental Disorders."
World Autism Awareness Day 2023 Theme
The theme of World Autism Awareness Day 2023 is Transformation: Toward a Neuro-Inclusive World for All”. This year, the Department of Community Development announced to commemorate World Autism Awareness Day. It is commemorated in Abu Dhabi with plans for a new equal rights strategy very soon. Their strategy is to cover four areas namely health and social welfare, education, employment, and inclusive and equipped communities.
World Autism Awareness Day 2023 Significance
To educate people about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), which is characterized by difficulties in social communication as well as confined and repetitive behaviors. Observed by United Nations member states. People with autism spectrum disorders can help to make a change in the world. All they need to be successful is treatment and support from their environment. Even nowadays when almost everyone has access to information, there are still many people that don't know about autism and the characteristics of people with it. Become an advocate for the autistic community by educating the masses.
World Autism Awareness Day 2023 Quotes
- Autism must not be considered a disease but it is an everyday battle that so many people are fighting.
- Those who are suffering from autism need to be seen with the same eyes and treated the way others are treated.
- We may not win over autism but we can win over people who are not aware of this problem. Let us make everyone aware on World Autism Awareness Day.
World Autism Awareness Day 2023 FAQs
Q. Why do we celebrate Autism Awareness Day?
World Autism Awareness Day celebrates the resilience of those affected by the disorder and supports causes that promote awareness of it. Children in schools are educated about autism and encouraged to be accepting of it.
Q. What is the theme of World Autism Day 2023?
The theme of inclusive education is intrinsically linked with the focus of last year's WAAD observance, Transformation: Toward a Neuro-Inclusive World for All”.
FCI Category 3 Application Reprint 2023 Link Activated: Download Application Form
Jun 04 2023
IBPS RRB Local Language List: Regional Languages In IBPS RRB
Jun 03 2023
LIC ADO Interview Date 2023: Check Schedule of Interview
Jun 03 2023