Women’s Equality Day 2022 - August 26: History, Theme, Significance, Quotes
Aug 26 2022
Women’s Equality Day is observed on August 26 every year to commemorate the right of women to vote in the United States. Several women’s organizations celebrate Women's Equality Day 2022 all over the country and work hard to provide equal opportunities to women in education and employment. Women’s Equality Day 2022 also calls attention to women’s continuing efforts toward full equality. Without Women, the whole human species would cease to exist. Women bear children and give birth to a new life. She plays several roles in her life. She is a mother, daughter, wife, sister, teacher, friend, etc. She helps her children to grow and teach them how to fight against failures and successes, and how to try again. People visit museums that are dedicated to the struggle of women for gaining the right to vote.
List of Important Days in August 2022
Women’s Equality Day 2022: History
- Before the civil war in the United States, the movement for women’s suffrage started.
- Most States in the U.S by the 1830s have extended voting rights from rich white male property owners to just white men regardless of how much property they owned.
- The observance of Women’s Equality Day not only commemorates the passage of the 19th Amendment but also calls attention to women’s continuing efforts toward full equality.
- During Women’s Equality Day the women of the United States are to be commended and supported in their organizations and activities.
Download the List of Important Days in August 2022 with Themes PDF
Women’s Equality Day 2022 Theme
Every year August 26 is celebrated as Women’s Equality Day and a specific theme is allotted. The theme of Women’s Equality Day 2022 is “Gender equality today for a sustainable tomorrow”.
Women’s Equality Day 2022: Significant
- Women’s Equality Day 2022 is celebrated to recognize the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women.
- This Day is also about empowering and supporting all women and encouraging them to succeed on the path of progress and diminishing obstacles that lie ahead of them.
- You can celebrate Women’s Equality Day by expressing your gratitude to all the influential women in your life, be it your mother, wife, friend, or even a colleague.
- There are many charity events organized on this day to support women’s empowerment by making a contribution towards it.
Women’s Equality Day Quotes
Here we are providing the famous Women's Equality Day quotes by famous personalities.
“I want every girl to know that her voice can change the World”.
“The test for whether or not you can hold a job should not be the arrangement of your chromosomes”.
“You should have dreams, you should have visions. Never let any obstacle stop you”.
Women’s Equality Day 2022: FAQs
Q: What is the theme of Women’s Equality Day 2022?
A: The theme of Women’s Equality Day 2022 is “Gender equality today for a sustainable tomorrow”.
Q: Women’s Equality Day is celebrated on which date?
A: Women’s Equality Day is celebrated on 26 August every year to commemorate the rights of women.
Government Schemes For RBI Grade B Exam 2023 PDF Download: Important Schemes With Details
Jun 01 2023
IBPS Clerk or RRB PO Which is Better? Check Complete Explanation Here
Jun 01 2023
IBPS Clerk Bank Preference List 2023: Check Details Of Participating Banks And Its Headquarters
Jun 01 2023
Don’t Miss Any Update
Enter the valid e-mail id and subscribe to Guidely to get the latest updates on all job notifications, Study Materials, Mock Tests and our new launches.
- 3000+ Mock Tests
- Topic / Sectional / ebooks
- Latest Exam Pattern
- 12 Months
- Access Mobile app and Website
- Premium Ebooks Not Included