United Nations Public Service Day 2022: June 23| History, theme, Significance, and Quotes
Jun 17 2022
United Nations Public Service Day 2022: On June 23rd, 2022 United Nations Public Service Day is observed as a national day in United Nations. The United Nations Public Service Day is celebrated on June 23 of every year to celebrate the value and virtue of public service to the community; highlight the contribution of public service in the development process; recognize the work of public servants, and encourage young people to pursue careers in the public sector. This day is observed to commemorate the efforts of public servants to the country's development They devote all of their time and effort to benefiting humanity. The contribution of workers who safeguard, acknowledge, and invest in their well-being in order to create the nation together is highlighted on this United Nations Public Service Day 2022. The United Nations Public Service Day recognizes public employees on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic.
List of Important Days in June 2022
On June 23, 2002, the United Nations Public Service Day was commemorated for the first time. Every year, a host country is chosen to recognize contributions to the development and strengthening of government institutions and administration. Thus, the theme of the United Nations Public Service Day 2022 is to recognize the work and contribution of the public service in the overall development of the community, to highlight the contribution of public servants, to motivate individuals to pursue a career in the public sector, and to recognize the work and contribution of the public service in the overall development of the community. Public service is defined as a service intended for all members of the community. There are many areas of public service.
- The public sector
- Public safety
- Government and diplomacy
- Nonprofit administration
To learn more about the United Nations Public Service Day 2022, read the entire article.
United Nations Public Service Day 2022: History
- Every year on June 23rd, the United Nations Public Service Day is observed to emphasize the importance and virtue of public service to the community, to acknowledge their commitment to the development process through public service, and to encourage youngsters to choose a career in the public sector.
- By approving resolution 57/277 on December 20, 2002, the United Nations General Assembly declared June 23rd as United Nations Public Service Day. Every year, a host country is chosen to recognize contributions to the development and strengthening of government institutions and administration.
- A variety of events are held to honor the contributions of public officials. Several people take part in the discussion and have an equal opportunity to debate tactics, transformations, and novel ways, among other topics.
- On this day, diverse leaders, government officials, politicians, and international organizations assemble to discuss how to make changes, adopt better practices, address current concerns, and explore creative ideas, among other topics. Sustainable development goals at the national, international, and regional levels are a prominent issue of discussion.
United Nations Public Service Day 2022: Theme
The theme of United Nations Public Service Day 2022 is ‘Innovating the Future Public Service: New Government Models for a New Era to Reach the Sustainable Development Goals. People work or volunteer in the public sector for a variety of reasons. Some people do it because they want to help the general public. A lawyer, for example, might provide low-cost or no-cost legal services for the public good. Others work in government service to get useful work experience or to mentor and network with others. The United Nations has long recognized the contributions that public servants provide to their communities. As a result, they founded the United Nations Public Service Awards. The awards encourage and honor public service innovation and excellence. The winners of these awards are divided into five regional groups. These groups include Africa, Asia-Pacific, Eastern Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean, and Western Asia. More than 250 initiatives have received the prestigious award. These projects have ranged from promoting gender equality to improving health services.
United Nations Public Service Day 2022: Significance
In order to meet the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals, the event will highlight and explore the increasingly central role that innovation and technology play in the delivery of public services. The event will, however, highlight lessons acquired from the previous year, including how countries and public workers adjusted and utilized internet tools to continue working during the pandemic. Many public service organizations and departments around the world celebrate this day by holding various events to recognize the valuable role that public servants play in making improvements in society.
United Nations Public Service Day 2022: Quotes
- We would like to thank our extremely talented public servants on this wonderful occasion of Public Service Day. Keep up your hard work and continue to strive for the progress of the nation.
- On Public Service Day we show our gratitude to all the public servants residing in different parts of the world. It is due to their hard work that we are able to lead a smooth life.
- On this Public Service Day let us take the oath that we will not bow down to any kind of pressure that prevents us from serving the common people.
United Nations Public Service Day 2022: FAQs
Q. When is United Nations Public Service Day celebrated?
A. The United Nations Public Service Day is celebrated every year on 23rd June to recognize the contributions of the public servants in the development of the country.
Q. What is the theme and the objective of the United Nations Public Service Day 2022?
A. The United Nations Public Service Day 2022 Theme is “Innovating the Future Public Service: New Government Models for a New Era to Reach the SDGs.” The objective of this theme is to bring together the key stakeholders, public servants, and UN officials to honor the contribution of the public servant.
Also, access free PDFs
|Current Affairs - Daily, Weekly, Monthly||English Language Free PDFs|
|Quantitative Aptitude Free PDFs||Free Bundle PDF|
IBPS RRB Book PDF 2023 Free Download: Free Book PDF Materials For All Sections - PO And Clerk
Jun 07 2023
LIC ADO Application Form Reprint Link 2023: Activated, Check How To Download Application Form
Jun 07 2023
SSC CHSL Exam Date 2023 Tier 2: Out, Check Exam Schedule Here
Jun 07 2023
Don’t Miss Any Update
Enter the valid e-mail id and subscribe to Guidely to get the latest updates on all job notifications, Study Materials, Mock Tests and our new launches.
- 3000+ Mock Tests
- Topic / Sectional / ebooks
- Latest Exam Pattern
- 12 Months
- Access Mobile app and Website
- Premium Ebooks Not Included