Telugu Language Day 2022 - August 29: History, Theme, Significance, Quotes
Aug 29 2022
Telugu Language Day celebration is observed on 29 August each year in the state of Andhra Pradesh of the Republic of India. This date was chosen to coincide with the birthday of the Telugu poet Gidugu Venkata Ramamurthy. The government of Andhra Pradesh provides funds and presents awards with the objective of the betterment of the Telegu language. The Department of Culture is responsible for organizing the day on behalf of the government. Telugu Language Day in India is celebrated in the southern state of Andhra Pradesh. Gidugu Venkata Ramamurthy was a Telugu writer and one of the earliest modern Telugu linguists and social visionaries during British rule. Spoken Telugu was different from written Telugu, which is taught at schools. Learning written Telugu didn’t give necessary skills for understanding or effective communication in everyday life. Gidugu Venkata Ramamurthy was born on August 29 ,1863 , in the town of Parvatalapeta, Srikakulam. Ramamurthy’s efforts resulted in Telugu becoming a standard language.
List of Important Days in August 2022
Telugu Language Day 2022: History
- Telugu is one of the six classical languages in India. It’s spoken in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and in the union territory of Yanam.
- Gidugu Venkata Ramamurthy is known for advocating the use of a language, comprehensive to the common man, and opposed the use of scholar language.
- The holiday of Telugu Language Day is annually celebrated in India on August 29. Due to Ramamoorthy’s attempts, spoken Telugu was standardized and accepted by pundits.
- Different events and activities are organized to celebrate Telugu Language Day. Everyone has an opportunity to visit an exhibition, dedicated to this language.
- Gidugu Venkata Ramamurthy’s birthday is celebrated as Telugu Language Day in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. The language is known as the “The Italian of the EAST”.
Download the List of Important Days in August 2022 with Themes PDF
Telugu Language Day 2022: Theme
Every year Telugu Language Day is observed on 29 August and a specific theme is allotted. The theme of Telugu Language Day 2022 is yet to be announced.
Telugu Language Day 2022: Significance
- On Telugu Language Day 2022, the government of Andhra Pradesh provides funds and presents awards with the objective of the betterment of the Telugu language.
- On that day various programs are undertaken to make the language popular among the land’s residents.
- The Telugu language is the largest member of the Dravidian language family. In the early 21st century Telugu had more than 75 million speakers.
- Telugu is written with a syllabic alphabet in which all consonants have an inherent vowel.
- During British rule, Gidugu Venkata Ramamurthy was a Telugu writer and one of the first contemporary Telugu linguists and social visionaries.
- Telugu is utilized as the medium of teaching, testing, and writing in schools and educational institutions.
Telugu Language Day 2022: FAQs
Q: When is Telugu Language Day 2022 observed?
A: Telugu Language Day 2022 is observed on 29 August every year.
Q: Whose birth anniversary is celebrated as Telugu Language Day?
A: Gidugu Venkata Ramamurthy’s birth anniversary is celebrated as Telugu Language Day.
Q: Why is Telugu Language Day celebrated?
A: Telugu Language Day is celebrated because the Department of Culture organizes various events for developing the language.
IBPS Clerk Exam Centres 2023: Test Cities For Prelims And Mains Exams
Jun 10 2023
IBPS RRB Handwritten Declaration 2023 Format: Check File Size And Dimensions With Left Thumb Impression Details For PO And Clerk Posts
Jun 10 2023
About LIC Of India: History, Establishment, Functions, Objectives, Mission, Chairman And Details
Jun 10 2023
Don’t Miss Any Update
Enter the valid e-mail id and subscribe to Guidely to get the latest updates on all job notifications, Study Materials, Mock Tests and our new launches.
- 3000+ Mock Tests
- Topic / Sectional / ebooks
- Latest Exam Pattern
- 12 Months
- Access Mobile app and Website
- Premium Ebooks and RBI Grade B Phase II Not Included