Telangana Formation Day 2023: June 2 History, theme, Significance, and Quotes
Jun 02 2023
Telangana Formation Day 2023: On June 2nd of this current year Telangana Formation Day 2023 is observed by the Telangana people. It is a national event celebrated annually on June 2nd every year to celebrate the day when the state of Telangana was formed from the state of Andhra Pradesh. Telangana Formation day is also known as Telangana Day. Telangana celebrates its Formation Day to mark the people’s contribution to forming a separate state outside of Andhra Pradesh. Telangana Foundation Day is a public holiday in Telangana, India, honoring the state's formation.
List of Important Days in June 2023
Telangana's establishment indicates the Telangana movement's success. It marks Telangana's official independence from Andhra Pradesh. Telangana is located in the Southern part of India, sharing its northern border with Maharashtra and Karnataka. It was on June 2nd, 2014 that Telangana was formed and Hyderabad became its capital. The state comprises 33 districts covering an area of 1,12,077 sq. km. June 2nd, 2014 was when the Indian Parliament passed an amendment bill giving birth to a new state - Telangana. The name "Telangana" refers to the word Trilinga Desa, earned due to the presence of three ancient Shiva Temples at Kaleshwaram, Srisailam, and Draksharamam. The word "Telinga" changed over time to "Telangana" and the name "Telangana" was designated to distinguish the predominantly Telugu-speaking region of the erstwhile Hyderabad State from its predominantly Marathi-speaking one, Marathwada.
Telangana Formation Day History
- On 1 November 1956, Telangana merged with Andhra Pradesh to form a unified state specifically for the Telugu-speaking people by sculpting that state from erstwhile Madras.
- In 1969, the Telangana region witnessed a protest for a new state, and in 1972, a distinct Andhra Pradesh was formed.
- In February 2014, The Telangana Bill was enacted by the Congress Working Committee and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in the Lok Sabha after nearly 40 years of agitation.
- In 2014, the bill was introduced in the Indian Parliament, and the same year, the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act was passed. Telangana would be formed by 10 districts in northwestern Andhra Pradesh, according to the bill.
Telangana Formation Day 2023 Theme
The celebration of Telangana Formation Day is filled with various cultural festivals. In fact, multiple organizations also have events and conferences that celebrate the culture of Telangana. All 30 districts in the state celebrate this day by hoisting the national flag. People remember students and government employees who participated in the Telangana movement and pay homage to them. The state government organizes various cultural programs and events.
Telangana Formation Day 2023 Significance
Telangana celebrates its Formation Day to mark the people's contribution to forming a separate state outside of Andhra Pradesh. Telangana's establishment represents the Telangana movement's success. It marks Telangana's formal independence from the state of Andhra Pradesh. On June 2, 2014, a 57-year-old movement concluded, bringing the Telangana people's wishes to fruition. The campaign not only gave the region's inhabitants a distinct identity but also resulted in a change in India's map, which now reflects the state's borders. The day marks significance in the state's history for the sustained Telangana movement through the years. Telangana State Formation Day was celebrated with aplomb in Kamareddy districts on 2 June 2020.
Telangana Formation Day 2023 Quotes
- The one solution to have a good time at the event of Telangana Formation Day is by working onerous to make our state an affluent and profitable one.
- The onus of the success and prosperity of our state lies on our shoulders and that’s what the event of Telangana Formation Day evokes us to do.
- The event of Telangana Formation Day will all the time remind us of the significance of getting a separate state for higher development and growth.
Telangana Formation Day 2023 FAQs
Q: Why is Telangana Formation Day celebrated?
Ans: The formation of Telangana signifies the victory of the Telangana movement. It commemorates the official separation of Telangana from the state of Andhra Pradesh. On 2 June 2014, a 57-year-old movement came to an end, realizing the hopes of the Telangana people.
Q: Is June 2nd holiday in Telangana?
Ans: The Government of Telangana has declared June 2nd as a public holiday in Telangana State.
Also, access free PDFs
|Current Affairs - Daily, Weekly, Monthly||English Language Free PDFs|
|Quantitative Aptitude Free PDFs||Free Bundle PDF|
SSC CHSL Exam Date 2023 Tier 2: Out, Check Exam Schedule Here
Jun 07 2023
EPFO SSA Exam Date 2023 Expected Date: Check Exam Schedule For SSA And Steno Posts
Jun 07 2023
World Blood Donor Day 2023: June 14 History, theme, Significance, and Quotes
Jun 07 2023
Don’t Miss Any Update
Enter the valid e-mail id and subscribe to Guidely to get the latest updates on all job notifications, Study Materials, Mock Tests and our new launches.
- 3000+ Mock Tests
- Topic / Sectional / ebooks
- Latest Exam Pattern
- 12 Months
- Access Mobile app and Website
- Premium Ebooks Not Included