National Vaccination Day 2023: Check History, Theme, Significance and Quotes
Mar 16 2023
National Vaccination Day 2023 Theme: On 16th March 2023, National Vaccination Day is observed all over India. It is a national event celebrated annually since 1995 on 16th March every year. National Immunisation Day, also called National Vaccination Day 2023 is observed to convey the importance of vaccination and its role in public health. The day is all about sharing the message that vaccination saves lives and is important, even today. National Vaccination Day 2023 or National Immunization Day is observed on March 16 because the first dose of oral polio vaccine was distributed in India in 1995. The day is observed to celebrate the Indian government's Pulse Polio Campaign which was an initiative to eradicate polio from the country. National Vaccination Day is the perfect opportunity to thank researchers, scientists, and healthcare workers who ensure we are healthy. They work tirelessly to develop vaccines that save our lives.
Vaccinations are a safe way to build your immune system. Vaccinations are known to boost your immune system by teaching your body how to fight threats. Therefore many consider vaccinations as a way to build up your immune system and how your body reacts to foreign bodies. It activates our immune system without making us sick. Many dangerous infectious diseases can be prevented in this simple and effective way. For some diseases, vaccination provides lifelong protection, while for others the effect is diminished after a few years, and booster doses are required.
National Vaccination Day 2023 Date
- National Vaccination Day is celebrated on 16th March 2023.
National Vaccination Day History
National Vaccination Day is celebrated every year in the country on March 16 as on the same day the first dose of Oral Polio Vaccine was given in India in 1995. The day is observed to celebrate the Indian government's Pulse Polio Campaign which was an initiative to eradicate polio from the country. As per the program, 2 oral drops of polio vaccine were provided for children from the age of 0 to 5 years. This program became a success gradually, as in 2014 India became a polio-free country.
National Vaccination Day 2023 Theme
Each year, there are various themes to celebrate vaccination Day. The main theme of the National Vaccination is to promote the importance of the Vaccine. Last year, that is National Vaccination Day 2022 Theme is “Vaccines Work For All”. National Vaccination Day 2023 Theme Not Yet Announced. The campaign will focus on how vaccines and the people who develop, deliver, and receive them are heroes by working to protect the health of everyone, everywhere.
National Vaccination Day 2023 Significance
Vaccination is the process of inserting the vaccine into the body to support the immune system develop immunity against a disease. The vaccines consist of the microorganisms and the viruses in the killed or live state. The vaccination procedure was followed even by the people of African and Turkish people. The vaccines stimulate the body's immunity and result in the prevention of sick diseases. The strong immunity due to the vaccination results in the protection from different types of diseases. Vaccination Day observance is important to promote the use of the Vaccines. Over the last few decades, vaccines in the country have become an important weapon to fight some fatal diseases like TB, tetanus, and more and have saved so many lives. Therefore, this day states that the main importance of vaccination in today's world cannot be overlooked. There are plenty of vaccination campaigns running across the world to defeat deadly health conditions such as smallpox, measles, and especially COVID-19.
National Vaccination Day 2023 Quotes
- We believe unbelievable progress can be made, in both inventing new vaccines and making sure they get out to all the children who need them.
- Childhood vaccines are one of the great triumphs of modern medicine. Indeed, parents whose children are vaccinated no longer have to worry about their child’s death or disability from whooping cough, polio, diphtheria, hepatitis, or a host of other infections.
- Humans have always used our intelligence and creativity to improve our existence. After all, we invented the wheel, discovered how to make fire, invented the printing press, and found a vaccine for polio.
National Vaccination Day 2023 FAQs
Q. What is the importance of vaccination against COVID-19?
Getting vaccinated against COVID-19 can lower your risk of getting and spreading the virus that causes COVID-19. Vaccines can also help prevent serious illness and death.
Q. What is National Immunization Day?
National Vaccination Day is celebrated every year in the country on March 16 as on the same day the first dose of Oral Polio Vaccine was given in India in 1995. The day is observed to celebrate the Indian government's Pulse Polio Campaign which was an initiative to eradicate polio from the country.
Q. When is National Vaccination Day 2023 observed?
National Vaccination Day is observed on 16th March 2023.
List of Domestic and International Airports In India 2023 PDF: With Airports In India Map
Dec 11 2023
List of Dance Forms in India 2023 PDF: State Wise With Pictures Classical And Folk Dance Forms
Dec 11 2023
Easiest Competitive Exams in India 2023: Top 10 Exams To Crack Easily, Bank, SSC, Railway
Dec 11 2023
General Awareness Smart Analysis
- Get Weekly 4 set Test
- Each Set consist of 50 Questions
- Compare your progress with Test 1 & 2 & Test 3 & 4
- Deep Analysis in topic wise questions
- Bundle PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
- Grand Bundle PDF Course 2021
- English Bundle PDF Course
- Insurance & Financial Market Awareness Bundle PDF Course
- Descriptive Papers for Bank & Insurance Exams
- Interview Bundle PDF Course
- General Awareness Smart Analysis
- All Bank Exams Video Course
- All Mock Test Series (Platinum Package)
- All Premium eBooks
Premium PDF Course 12 Months
- Bundle PDF Course 2024
- Prime PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
PRIME Bundle PDF Course 2023 (Daily Target PDF)
- Exactly Based on Real Exam Pattern
- Language: English and Hindi
- Included with All New Pattern Questions
- Covered All Major Bank (Pre + Mains Exams)
- Answer key with video solution and Quizzes
- Including Previous Year Memory based Questions
- Prepared by Top Expert Faculties
- Total 1,20,000+ Questions
- 12 Months Validity