National Forest Martyrs Day 2022: September 11 - History, Theme, Significance, Quotes
Sep 09 2022
National Forest Martyrs Day 2022: Forests are more important for every creature in the world. Human beings depend on the forest for food, wood, etc. National Forest Martyrs day is observed by the country. In India, every year September 11 is celebrated as National Forest Martyrs Day. This day is observed in order to honor those who sacrifice their life for saving forests, wildlife, and jungles in India. Still, there are some people whose only source of living is the forest. They also save flora and fauna by considering it as their own family. So in order to pay tribute and hail their contribution National Forest Martyrs day is observed and celebrated. On this day several institutions and organizations conduct many events in order to inform the people about protecting the forests and environment.
List of Important Days in September 2022
National Forest Martyrs Day 2022: History
- In 2013, The Ministry of Environment and Forest announced that National Forest Martyrs Day is observed on the 11th of september of every year.
- In 1730, during the period of Maharaja Abhay Singh in Rajasthan, he ordered to cut down of the Khejarli trees for wood. But the people of the Bishnoi Community were against this order.
- When the army of Maharaja Abhay Singh started the process of cutting down the trees, a brave woman, Amrita Devi, stood against it. She told them to behead her instead of the Khejarli trees.
- Cruelly, the Maharaj’s men beheaded her followed by over 350 others. After hearing this news Maharaja stopped the order of cutting down the trees. He apologized and praised the Bishnoi community for their brave act.
- This incident took place on september 11, 1730 was the main cause for the declaration of National Forest Martyrs Day on 11th September 2013.
National Forest Martyrs Day 2022 Theme:
- Every year National Forest Martyrs Day is celebrated with some special theme. The National Forest Martyrs Day of 2022 theme is yet to be announced.
National Forest Martyrs Day 2022: Significance
- Forests are the most common lifeline for all the creatures on the earth. On National Forest Martyrs Day we have to spread the importance of forests and the life of Martyrs who take care of the forests.
- There are many lush green forests in our country. We have to learn and gain some information about these forests and identify the areas which need to be taken care of and we have to take care of those areas.
- At Least on this day of every year, we have to plant the saplings and must take care of the planted saplings.
- National Forest Martyrs day was observed to respect the Forest Martyrs and honor their work for protecting the forest.
National Forest Martyrs Day Quotes
- “The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins:
- “Nature is not a place to visit. It is home”.
National Forest Martyrs Day 2022:FAQs
Q: When is National Forest Martyrs day celebrated in India?
A: Every year 11th September is celebrated as National Forest Martyrs Day in India.
Q: Why is National Forest Martyrs Day observed?
A: National Forest Martyrs Day is observed to pay respect to those who laid down their lives to protect forests, jungles, and wildlife.
Also, access free PDFs
International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression 2023: June 4 History, theme, Significance, and Quotes
Jun 02 2023
Telangana Formation Day 2023: June 2 History, theme, Significance, and Quotes
Jun 02 2023
International Sex Workers Day 2023: June 2 History, Theme, Significance, and Quotes
Jun 02 2023