International Nurses Day 2022 - May 12 | History, Theme, Significance, Quotes
May 12 2022
International Nurses Day 2022: International Nurses Day is celebrated every year on May 12. Nurses Day is celebrated to praise the Nurses who contribute their work to the Society. International Nurses Day is to commemorate the anniversary of Florence Nightingale’s birthday. The International Council of Nurses(ICN) commemorates the importance of Nurses every year to celebrate. Nurses play an important role to safeguard society, especially from the corona pandemic. They dedicate their lives to the people and patients in need. The candidates should be familiar with the International Nurses Day 2022. In this article, we have covered the International Nurses Day 2022, its History, Theme, Significance, etc.
International Nurses Day 2022 History
- In 1953, US Department of Health, Education and Welfare officer Dorothy Sutherland contacted US President Dwight.D.Elsenhower to celebrate “Nurses Day”.
- Since 1965, the International Council of Nurses (ICN) has celebrated this day.
- From January 1974, May 12 was officially declared “International Nurses Day”.
- On this special day, the International Council of Nurses (ICN) distributed the Nurses Day kit to the people to know the importance of nurses.
- In Bangladesh, where the number of nurses is half of the number of doctors.
International Nurses Day 2022 Theme
- Every year theme is to be allocated to know the importance of Nurses Day.
- Likewise, the International Nurses Day 2022 Theme is “Nurses: A Voice to Lead - Invest in nursing and respect rights to secure global health”.
International Nurses Day 2022 - Significance
- National Nurses Association (NNA) plays a significant role to promote the importance of Nursing.
- This pandemic situation teaches us the sacrifice and services of nurses.
- They provide continuous support to our nation and are the backbone of our country.
- In 2021, World Health Organization (WHO) adopted the policy called “Global Strategic Directions on Nursing and Midwifery 2021 - 2025”. This policy covers education, jobs, leadership, and service delivery.
International Nurses Day 2022 Quotes
Here we are providing International Nurses Day 2022 quotes by famous personalities
“You are the most hardworking person who takes the best care of the patients without any complaints. On Nurses Day, I would like to thank you for being such a wonderful selfless person”
“It is truly strange that how people work with complete dedication to serve others and don’t get recognized for their unconditional services. Wishing you a Happy Nurses Day for such wonderful work”.
Here we are providing clear-cut explanations about International Nurses Day. The Aspirants who have the interest to get a good score in General Awareness Section can use this article to enhance their preparation.
International Nurses Day 2022 - Some Important FAQs
Q. Why do we celebrate International Nursing Day?
A. International Nursing Day is to celebrate the birth anniversary of “Florence Nightingale”.
Q. Which is the International Nursing Day?
A. International Nursing Day is celebrated on May 12 every year. This was led by the International Council of Nurses (ICN).
Q. Where is the aspirants can get a detailed explanation about International Nurses Day 2022?
A. Here we are providing clear-cut explanations. Aspirants can get the complete details about International Nurses Day 2022.
List of Dance Forms in India 2022 PDF: Classical And Folk Dance Forms
Oct 03 2022
Monthly Current Affairs 2022 Capsule PDF: Free Download - In Hindi & English
Oct 03 2022
Important Days in October 2022: Check the National and International Days with their themes
Oct 03 2022