International Epilepsy Day 2023 Theme and History: 13th February
Feb 14 2023
International Epilepsy Day 2023 Theme and History: Candidates preparing for the competitive exams should study International Epilepsy Day in detail. It is one of the important days in February. International Epilepsy Day 2023 is observed on 13th February. Epilepsy, also known as seizure disorder, is the fourth most common neurological disorder and one of the oldest-known medical conditions. The condition causes electrical activity in the brain to stop for a short time, which leads to recurrent seizures. The International Epilepsy Day 2023 theme will be updated on this page. Students preparing for the exam should read this page completely to know about the theme and other details. To know about other important national and international days in February please click the link below.
Important Days In February 2023
International Epilepsy Day
Check the International Epilepsy Day 2023 date below:
International Epilepsy Day 2023 is observed on the 13th February 2023.
International Epilepsy Day History
- International Epilepsy Day is the brainchild of the International Bureau for Epilepsy and the International League Against Epilepsy. The two organizations have put together various events on the day since their inception.
- Epilepsy is one of the world’s oldest-known medical conditions, with records dating back to the beginning of recorded history. Of course, back then, it was treated as a spiritual condition. In 2000 B.C., an ancient Mesopotamian text described a person who underwent an exorcism under the influence of a moon god. Ancient Babylonians attributed seizures to possession by evil spirits. The ancient Greeks also considered epilepsy to be spiritual possession, but they associated it with genius and divine interventions.
- Today, International Epilepsy Day is commemorated in more than 120 countries all over the world.
International Epilepsy Day 2023 Theme
International Epilepsy Day 2023 theme set up for this year is “ Stigma”. Students preparing for the exam should read this theme for their exam preparation.
International Epilepsy Day 2023 Significance
Let us see about International Epilepsy Day 2023 Significance in detail.
- Attend an Event on Epilepsy Day.
- Hundreds of events take place all around the world. You can use the hashtag #International Epilepsy Day to find an event close to you, where you can get some much-needed information about the disease from experts.
- Donate to International Epilepsy Organisation.
- You can donate money to the Epilepsy Foundation on International Epilepsy Day. This money will accelerate therapies for seizures and maybe fund research to finally find a cure for epilepsy.
- Wear Purple Colour on International Epilepsy Day
- Purple is the official awareness color of epilepsy, so you can add a splash of the color to your outfit on International Epilepsy Day.
International Epilepsy Day 2023 FAQs
Q: When is International Epilepsy Day 2023 observed?
A: International Epilepsy Day 2023 is observed on 13th February.
Q: What is the International Epilepsy Day 2023 theme?
A: International Epilepsy Day 2023 theme is “Stigma”
Q: Which Organisation carries out events on World Epilepsy Day?
A: International Bureau for Epilepsy and the International League Against Epilepsy are the two Organisations carries out events on World Epilepsy Day.
Government Schemes For RBI Grade B Exam 2023 PDF Download: Important Schemes With Details
Jun 01 2023
IBPS Clerk or RRB PO Which is Better? Check Complete Explanation Here
Jun 01 2023
IBPS Clerk Bank Preference List 2023: Check Details Of Participating Banks And Its Headquarters
Jun 01 2023
Don’t Miss Any Update
Enter the valid e-mail id and subscribe to Guidely to get the latest updates on all job notifications, Study Materials, Mock Tests and our new launches.
- 3000+ Mock Tests
- Topic / Sectional / ebooks
- Latest Exam Pattern
- 12 Months
- Access Mobile app and Website
- Premium Ebooks Not Included