International Albinism Awareness Day 2023: June 13 History, theme, Significance, and Quotes
Jun 13 2023
International Albinism Awareness Day 2023: International Albinism Awareness Day 2023 is observed all over the world on 13th June of this current year. On June 13, International Albinism Awareness Day is celebrated all over the world annually and it is marked as a day that represents the importance and celebration of the human rights of people with albinism. On June 13, International Albinism Awareness Day is commemorated. The United Nations Human Rights Council adopted this resolution and put its firm foot down for the prevention of attacks and discrimination against people with albinism. International Albinism Awareness Day 2023 is mandated to remind people of the perils of the past and the path to the future in the case of albinism and the people living with it. On this day people around the world observed International Albinism Awareness Day to know the importance and to celebrate the human rights of people with albinism.
International Albinism Awareness Day 2023 is observed around the world on June 13 every year. This International Albinism Awareness Day was organized by the United Nations to battle discrimination against those diagnosed with albinism and to create a society that is aware. Here we have provided the International Albinism Awareness Day History, International Albinism Awareness Day 2023 Theme, International Albinism Awareness Day Significance, And International Albinism Awareness Day 2023 Quotes. You can refer this article to know the importance of International Albinism Awareness Day 2023.
International Albinism Awareness Day History
The International Albinism Awareness Day History is added here. In 2013, the United Nations Human Rights Council adopted a resolution that called for the prevention of discrimination against persons with albinism. On 18 December 2014, the General Assembly adopted a resolution proclaiming, with effect from 2015, 13 June as International Albinism Awareness Day. In response to the call from civil society organizations advocating to consider persons with albinism as a specific group with particular needs that require special attention, the Council created the mandate of Independent Expert on the enjoyment of human rights by persons with albinism on March 26, 2015.
International Albinism Awareness Day 2023 Theme
The theme for International Albinism Awareness Day 2023 is “Inclusion is Strength”. According to the United Nations, the theme was chosen because including the voices of persons with albinism is essential to ensure equality #Inclusion4equality. ts aim is to ensure the inclusion of the voices of persons with albinism in all sectors of life. It emphasizes the importance of the inclusion of a diversity of groups from both within and outside the albinism community.
Specifically, this year's theme highlights the importance and benefits of:
- Including a broad spectrum of persons with albinism in albinism-related discussions, including youth, women, children, older persons, LGBTQ+ and persons with albinism of all races and ethnic backgrounds;
- Collaborating and embracing albinism within the disability movement, and in other sectors where decisions affect persons with albinism; and
- Seeking synergies with human rights groups and other groups from outside the albinism movement.
International Albinism Awareness Day 2023 Significance
- The International Albinism Awareness Day 2023 provides a platform for promoting albinism awareness on a global scale, enhancing understanding and dispelling common misconceptions about the condition.
- International Albinism Awareness Day is essential in promoting the rights, dignity, and inclusion of people with albinism in society while also combating the stigma and discrimination they experience.
- The day emphasizes the significance of defending the rights of people who have albinism, raising awareness of the difficulties they encounter, and fighting for their right to equal opportunities and treatment.
- It offers a chance to inform the general public, decision-makers, and communities about albinism, its genetic causes, and the unique requirements and abilities of people who live with the condition.
International Albinism Awareness Day 2023 Quotes
Albinism is simply a question of skin tone, don’t present it as a defense of pity and sympathy. They resemble us and they are the manner by which we are.
“Love is like trying to wrestle an albino. It’s tough because they’re slippery and all lubed up with sunscreen.” – Jarod Kintz
- “Albinism does not transform me, it changes my shading but rather that in no ways imply that I am any lesser than you, I am as yet fit for doing everything which individual from customary shading can do.
- “Her albino hair enlightened my fantasies, sparkling more brilliantly than moonlight. They have their own magnificence and we have to value that.
International Albinism Awareness Day FAQs
Here we have given some frequently asked questions regarding International Albinism Awareness Day 2023.
Q. When is International Albinism Awareness Day 2023 will be Celebrated?
A: International Albinism Awareness Day 2023 is celebrated on June 13.
Q. When was the first International Albinism Awareness Day celebrated?
A: The first International Albinism Awareness Day Celebrated on June 13, 2015
|Current Affairs - Daily, Weekly, Monthly||English Language Free PDFs|
|Quantitative Aptitude Free PDFs||Free Bundle PDF|
World Cotton Day 2023: October 7 - History, Theme, Significance, Quotes
Sep 29 2023
World Habitat Day 2023: October 2 - History, Theme, Significance, Quotes
Sep 29 2023
World Smile Day 2023: October 6 - History, Theme, Significance, Quotes
Sep 29 2023
General Awareness Smart Analysis
- Get Weekly 4 set Test
- Each Set consist of 50 Questions
- Compare your progress with Test 1 & 2 & Test 3 & 4
- Deep Analysis in topic wise questions
- Bundle PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
- Grand Bundle PDF Course 2021
- English Bundle PDF Course
- Insurance & Financial Market Awareness Bundle PDF Course
- Descriptive Papers for Bank & Insurance Exams
- Interview Bundle PDF Course
- General Awareness Smart Analysis
- All Bank Exams Video Course
- All Mock Test Series (Platinum Package)
- All Premium eBooks
PRIME Bundle PDF Course 2023 (Daily Target PDF)
- Exactly Based on Real Exam Pattern
- Language: English and Hindi
- Included with All New Pattern Questions
- Covered All Major Bank (Pre + Mains Exams)
- Answer key with video solution and Quizzes
- Including Previous Year Memory based Questions
- Prepared by Top Expert Faculties
- Total 1,20,000+ Questions
- 8 Months Validity