SSC CGL Preparation Tips 2022 | How to Prepare for SSC CGL
Last Updated: Oct 06 2022 | Kavi Priya
The SSC CGL preparation 2022 tips & strategies are covered here. The selection stages for the SSC CGL Exam 2022 consist of 4 stages namely Tier 1 - CBT, Tier 2 - CBT, Tier 3 - Descriptive Paper (pen & paper mode), and Tier 4 - Computer Proficiency Test / Data Entry Skill Test. There are many fresher candidates who want to know how to prepare for SSC CGL prelims & mains exams. For that, we have added some important SSC CGL preparation 2022 tips and strategies. Also, we have given the subject-wise SSC CGL preparation strategy 2022 for tier 1 and tier 2. For the SSC CGL prelims exam preparation, you have to cover general awareness, English comprehension, quantitative aptitude, and general intelligence & reasoning. For the SSC CGL mains exam preparation, you have to cover quantitative abilities, Statistics, general studies, and English Language & comprehension.
Check out SSC CGL Tier 2 Answer Key 2022 Out
Table of Content
|SSC CGL General Strategy Preparation Tips||SSC CGL Subject Wise Strategy|
SSC CGL Preparation Strategy 2022: General Tips
Many aspirants will have a query on how to prepare for SSC CGL and to crack the exam in an easy manner. Here we have given some tips and strategies to make your SSC CGL preparation easier.
Check out SSC CGL Previous, Expected Cut Off
Know the Weightage of Each Section
By following the updated exam pattern, you can know the weightage of each section. Also analyze the previous year's paper to kno the approximate weightage of each topic. This will help you to give more importance to the essential topics. So that, you can easily score more marks in the exam.
Try to Maintain Accuracy
As 1/4th of marks will be deducted for each wrong answer, you should not do the fluke work in the exam. For that, in your SSC CGL preparation, you have to take more mock tests to maintain your accuracy rate.
Give Importance to All Sections
To aim for the maximum marks, it is very important to give equal importance to all the sections. If you feel that you are weak at any section, practice more and improve your knowledge on that section. For that, first learn all the basics and practice more mock tests. Then automatically you can score more in all the sections.
Eliminate your Math Fear
Some of the aspirants will be very weak at maths. Combining both tier 1 and tier 2, the maths section accounts for a total of 250 marks. So, if you are smart at maths, then it will be very easy to ace the exam.
Avoid Careless Mistakes
Only with continuous practice, you can eliminate careless mistakes to some extent. In maths, you may read the question correctly, but while solving, you may use the wrong number. Likewise, in reasoning and English you may understand the question wrongly, while reading the question faster. You should try to avoid these types of careless mistakes to improve your total score.
Avoid Risky Shortcut Methods
The shortcut methods are very useful to save your time in the exam. While learning any shortcut method, you should clearly understand the concept. Only then you can apply that shortcut method for any type of question without confusion. If you have any doubts and feel a shortcut method is risky, then avoid it without any hesitation. Orelse it may affect your accuracy in the exam.
Practice with SSC CGL Mock Tests 2022
Practicing with the SSC CGL Mock Test will help you to attain speed, time management, accuracy, and smart question selection skills. Also there are many advantages in practicing with the mock tests:
- In your SSC CGL preparation, it is very important to practice the exam point of view questions. These SSC CGL mock test packages contain more such questions to enhance your efficiency.
- You can check solutions for all questions and learn some tricky shortcuts.
- The mock test follows the updated exam pattern and syllabus to eliminate your exam fear.
Use the Best Resources
Only with the best study materials, you can learn from the basics to a high level in a clear manner. Here we have given the SSC CGL Practice Set PDF to learn all sections in an efficient manner. Likewise, you should practice more SSC CGL previous year question papers to pick up the latest question pattern trends.
Upgrade your Preparation with SSC CGL Quiz
SSC CGL Preparation Strategy 2022: Subject Wise
Here we have provided the SSC CGL preparation strategy 2022 subject-wise. It will help you to enhance your score in the weaker section.
SSC CGL Preparation Strategy 2022 for Maths
On analyzing the previous year's papers of SSC CGL, the following topics had more weightage in exams. They are,
- Data Interpretation
- Profit, Loss, Discount, & Percentage
So, first learn all these topics in a thorough manner. Then you can go to the other topics such as Average, Mensuration, Time & Work, etc.
- In Data Interpretation practice all types such as Line graphs, bar charts, tabular DI, pie chart, etc.
- Be thorough with the Trigonometric table and formulas.
- In Geometry learn all the properties of line, angle, triangle, polygon, quadrilateral, circle, etc.
SSC CGL Preparation Strategy 2022 for English Comprehension
- Make yourself clear about the concepts of grammar.
- Practice topic test on difficult areas such as Reading Comprehension, error Spotting, etc.
- Use the option elimination method to maintain accuracy in this section.
- Read daily newspapers and improve your vocabulary skills.
- Make notes and revise the grammar rules before the exam.
SSC CGL Preparation Strategy 2022 for General Awareness
This section consumes a very less time period. So, perform well in this section to score more in a shorter time period. This will improve your success chances.
- The Static GK covers 60% of this section. So, give more importance to static topics such as Indian History, Geography, Indian Economy, Polity & Culture, Biology, Chemistry, Computer & Mobile Technology, Nutrition, Physics, etc.
- Use the NCERT textbooks of Science, Social Science from Class 7 to 10 along with Class 11 and 12 for Geography and History preparation.
- Revision is the key to score more marks in this section. Also, attend more quizzes.
SSC CGL Preparation Strategy 2022 for General Intelligence & Reasoning
- First practice all the easier topics.
- Then move on to difficult topics.
- First, you have to understand the question. Then try to apply the methods to solve the question in an easy manner.
- You have to skip the question if you get stuck up in the middle. Or else, it will eat up much of your time.
So, aspirants follow all these SSC CGL 2022 preparation strategies and tips to crack the exam successfully.
Don’t Miss Any Update
Enter the valid e-mail id and subscribe to Guidely to get the latest updates on all job notifications, Study Materials, Mock Tests and our new launches.