IBPS SO Preparation Strategy 2022 | How to Prepare for IBPS SO
IBPS SO (Specialist Officer) online exam is conducted annually by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. IBPS SO is one the most looked out and competitive exams for the Specialist Officer post in the country. Lakhs of candidates appear for various specialist officer posts as it is a prestigious job with a great pay scale and employment security. To succeed in this type of highly competitive exam, a proper study plan and IBPS SO preparation tips should be followed to clear the IBPS SO exam 2022. We all know the importance of a study plan but sticking to it is all that matters. Candidates who practice enough in all the sections consistently will achieve. In this article, you can get a solution for your query on How to prepare for IBPS SO 2022.
The IBPS SO 2022 selection process has three stages, Prelims, Mains, and Interview. IBPS SO Prelims has three sections for all posts. For Rajbhasha Adhikari and Law Officer posts, the three sections are English Language, Reasoning, and General Awareness. And for other posts: English Language, Reasoning, and Quantitative Aptitude. IBPS SO Mains for all posts tests the Professional Knowledge of the candidates for the respective posts. Here, we have provided you with the IBPS SO preparation tips in general as well as section-wise to make your preparation a successful one.
IBPS SO Preparation Strategy 2022: General Tips
Follow the general IBPS SO preparation strategy and tips.
1. Be Thorough With The Latest IBPS SO Syllabus 2022
- Know the latest Syllabus before starting your IBPS SO prelims preparation.
- Check all the topics in each section.
- Along with the Syllabus, check the latest IBPS SO Exam Pattern.
- Have proper knowledge about the total time, total number of questions asked, and total marks.
2. Analyse Your Strengths and Weaknesses
- Know the stronger and weaker topics in each section.
- Prepare for each section separately.
- As sectional and overall cutoff is there, attending questions with accuracy matters.
3. Maintain Proper Notes & Follow Regularly
- Maintain proper notes in your IBPS SO preparation 2022 for each section.
- When you come across a formula or tricks related to any topic or grammar rules make a note of it.
- Many of us will think, we will memorize and keep it in mind. But taking notes will be very beneficial during examination times.
- Revise the notes regularly.
4. Practice Topic-wise PDFs
- In your IBPS SO prelims preparation process, it is very important to practice with more mock tests.
- First, practice offline topic-wise tests and try to solve all the questions despite the time factor.
- This habit of practicing offline tests and analyzing them completely will make your basics stronger.
- Concentrate on your weaker topics too in all the sections.
- Solve all types of questions on each topic.
5. Practice More Sectional-Tests
- First, you can set the timer and practice more questions.
- Then, go for online sectional tests.
- Try to attempt familiar questions first.
- Learn your own strategy based on your strengths and weaknesses by giving more attempts with accuracy.
6. Online Mock Tests:
- Your own strategy can be found out by practicing more and more mock tests.
- Speed can be attained only with practice.
- Then start attempting IBPS SO Mock Tests within the time specified.
- Give your mocks with full efficiency.
- Always attend the familiar and easy questions first.
- After finishing the easy ones, attempt the tougher ones.
7. Time Management
- While giving the exam, candidates should not get stuck on any particular question and waste time on it.
- Leave the question if you are not able to solve the question within a few minutes of reading the question.
- Once you complete the rest of the question, come back to the unfinished question.
8. Review Mocks
- Reviewing the mock tests is as important as practicing mock tests.
- Solve the questions that are wrongly answered and try to understand the concepts.
- IBPS SO Practice Set PDF Download for free for all the sections here.
- So, the questions reviewed, when asked in the real exam, should be done right.
9. Maintain Accuracy
- Don't rush up to attempt more questions. Do attempt the questions with accuracy.
- Sometimes guesswork might be fruitful but doing too much guesswork while attempting the paper will give you negative results.
- So, candidates should take extra care while doing guesswork in the paper.
10. Stick To The Study Plan
- The regular revision will help your brain to keep the concepts in hand.
- So, in your IBPS SO preparation schedule, allot time for revision.
- Revise the important formulas, Vocabs, and current affairs topics.
- Make sure the important topics are all revised well.
IBPS SO Preparation Strategy 2022: Subject Wise
The IBPS SO preparation tips subject-wise are given below. It covers sections such as English Language, Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness or Financial Awareness, and Professional Knowledge. Know the things regarding, How to prepare for IBPS SO examination subject wise. It will be very helpful for your IBPS SO Prelims exam preparation and IBPS SO mains exam preparation.
IBPS SO Preparation 2022 for English
Check the IBPS SO prelims preparation strategy for the English section.
- The majority of the questions will be asked from reading comprehension.
- Candidates should practice the topic tests on Error Spotting and Correction(5-10), Para Jumbles(1-5), Fillers(5-10), Cloze Test(5-10) and other Miscellaneous topics(1-5).
- Practice and get thorough with the basic English grammar rules.
- Start reading newspapers regularly, this will help you increase your reading speed.
- In order to solve verbal ability questions, understand the contexts clearly.
- Learn new words daily either from the newspaper or reading books or any other source.
- Practice more sectional quizzes.
IBPS SO Preparation 2022 for Reasoning Ability
For the reasoning ability section, check the IBPS SO prelims preparation tips.
- The major questions from this section will consist of Puzzles(5-10) and Coding-Decoding(5-10) questions.
- Candidates should also practice Data Sufficiency(3-5), Inequalities(1-5), Order and Ranking(2-6), etc.,
- Work on previous year question papers. This will give an idea about the type of questions asked in the examination.
- Take mock tests which will help you in time management.
- This section will be the scoring part.
IBPS SO Preparation 2022 for Quantitative Aptitude
IBPS SO prelims preparation strategy is here for the quantitative aptitude section.
- Candidates should definitely practice more problems from Data Interpretation(13-15) and other Miscellaneous topics(15-17) as the majority of the questions will be asked from these topics only.
- From number series, pattern, and sequences(5-6), candidates may expect (5-6) questions.
- Simplification and Approximation questions may be asked for a maximum of 5 marks.
- Understand basic concepts and formulas.
- Learn formulas and tricks and memorize.
- Take mock tests to analyze your knowledge and work on that.
- Start from easy topics and slowly move onto difficult topics.
IBPS SO Preparation 2022 for General Awareness
IBPS SO prelims preparation strategy is available here for the general awareness section.
- This section is all about reading and memorizing a lot of information about issues and events of national and international importance.
- Daily Current Affairs should be covered regularly.
- Revise them frequently.
- For this section, aspirants need to cover Current Affairs, Banking and financial awareness, Static GK topics.
- Learning and revising frequently is the only way to score high marks in this section.
- Practice weekly quizzes, daily quizzes.
- Study Monthly Capsules.
- Practice more questions either in PDF format or quizzes.
IBPS SO Preparation 2022 for Professional Knowledge
- Mains Exam is held within a month of the IBPS SO Prelims Exam. So, it is important for an aspirant to prepare themselves prior to the end of IBPS SO Prelims Exam. Also, The professional knowledge test demands your greater attention as well.
- For IBPS SO Mains, candidates must follow the syllabus of Professional Knowledge for the posts they have applied for.
- Solve previous year professional knowledge question papers and analyze the importance of topics.
- Revise whatever you read and do not skip this drill as it is easy to forget but hard to remember every small fact.
- Solve as many mock tests as possible.
- Give a speed test.
- Plan an efficient strategy.
Q. How should I start preparing for IBPS SO 2022?
A. Candidates can refer to the general & subject-wise preparation tips provided here and make their own strategy for effective preparation.
Q. Is IBPS SO exam tough?
A. Yes. The question level of IBPS SO is a difficult one. But with regular practice and effective preparation, it can be cracked in a single attempt.
Q. Can I prepare for IBPS SO in 1 month?
A. Candidates can prepare for IBPS SO in 1 month by following the general & subject-wise preparation tips provided here.