Ram Mandir At Ayodhya From History To The Present Time: Location, Photo
Jan 24 2024
Ayodhya Ram Mandir From History To The Present: One of the largest Hindu temples in the holy Indian town of Ayodhya was inaugurated with a grand consecration ceremony on January 22, 2024. In the sanctum sanctorum of the temple, the idol of the Ram Lalla (5-year-old deity) is installed in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and other dignitaries during a sacred ceremony. Here in this article, we have added the Ayodhya Ram Mandir photo 2024, Ram Mandir Ayodhya history, Ram Mandir bhoomi pooja, Ram Lalla idol details, invitees to the ceremony details, the inauguration of Ram Mandir, Ram Mandir of Ayodhya area, Ayodhya ram mandir height, ayodhya ram mandir lifespan, Ayodhya Ram Mandir From History To The Present, etc., in this article. Also, aspirants can get to know the Ayodhya Ram Mandir from history to the present with details in this article.
Ayodhya Ram Mandir Photo 2024
Ayodhya Ram Mandir 2024 Photo: Here we have added the Ayodhya Ram Mandir 2024 photo for reference.
Ram Mandir Ayodhya History
Ram Mandir At Ayodhya From History To The Present Time: Ayodhya Ram Mandir From 1528 to 2024, below is a complete timeline of 500 years.
- In 1528, Mir Baqi, the commander of Mughal ruler Babur, built the Babri Masjid. When 1885, Mahant Raghubir Das filed a plea before Faizabad district court to build a canopy outside the disputed edifice. The plea is denied. In 1949, Ram Lalla's idols were placed under the central dome outside the contested construction. On February 1, 1986, the local court ordered the government to open the location for Hindu worshippers. On August 14, 1989, the Allahabad High Court ordered the status quo for the challenged construction.
- On December 6, 1992, 'kar sevaks' demolished the 16th-century Babri mosque, which many Hindus believe was built on the site of Lord Ram's birth.
- On April 3, 1993, the 'Acquisition of Certain Area at Ayodhya Act' was passed, allowing the Centre to acquire land in the disputed area.
- In April 2002, the Allahabad High Court began hearings to determine ownership of the contested site.
- On September 30, 2010, the High Court divided the contested area among Sunni Waqf Board, Nirmohi Akhara, and Ram Lalla, with a 2:1 majority decision.
- On May 9, 2011, the Supreme Court stayed the high court ruling on the Ayodhya land dispute.
- In January 2019, the Supreme Court established a five-judge Constitution bench to consider the matter. They are CJI Gogoi, Justices Bobde, Chandrachud, Bhushan, and Nazeer.
Inauguration of Ram Mandir
Along with the Ram Mandir At Ayodhya From History To The Present, check the Ram Mandir inauguration details.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who conducted the 'Pran Pratishtha' ceremonies as 'mukhya yajman' at Ram Mandir. Ram Lalla's Pran-Pratishtha (consecration) at the temple was from 12:15 pm to 12:45 pm on 22.01.2024.
- PM also inaugurated the 30-foot bronze statue of Jatayu has been installed on Kuber tila at the Ram Janmabhoomi compound in Ayodhya.
Ayodhya Ram Mandir Location
Situated in Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh, the Ayodhya Ram Mandir Location is situated on 2.77 acres of disputed property that the Supreme Court has recognized as the birthplace of Lord Ram. Convenient air travel is offered by the Ayodhya Airport, and the city has excellent road and rail connections.
Which Lawyer Won The Ram Mandir Case?
- Keshava Parasaran (born October 9, 1927) is a lawyer from India. He served as the Advocate General of Tamil Nadu under the President's administration in 1976.
- He is a member of the Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra. In 2019, the Central Government named him to lead the Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra. Later, Mahant Nritya Gopal Das was nominated to lead the trust.
- Finally, Parasaran won the Ayodhya land dispute case for the Hindu parties.
- On February 5, 2020, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced in Lok Sabha the foundation of a trust to build a Ram temple in Ayodhya. On August 5, 2020, Prime Minister Modi laid the foundation stone for the Ram Temple.
Old Name Of Ayodhya
- Ayodhya, also known as Saketa, was a significant city in civilized India around the 6th century. During Buddha's time, Saketa was controlled by Prasenadi, whose capital was Sravasti.
Key Facts About Ram Mandir Bhoomi Pooja
- On August 5, 2020, the temple building resumed with a Bhumi-Pujan (ground-breaking ceremony). The three-day Vedic rite preceded the groundbreaking event, where Prime Minister Narendra Modi installed a 40-kg (88-pound) silver brick as the foundation stone. On August 4th, the Ramachan Puja (transl. "Puja of Rama's feet") was performed to welcome all important deities to the temple.
- During the Bhoomi Poojan, soil, and holy water were collected from 155 rivers collected from seven continents around the world. Across India, including Prayagraj's Triveni Sangam of the Ganga, Yamuna, and Saraswati rivers, Talakaveri in Karnataka, and Kamakhya Temple in Assam. The temple was blessed with soil from Hindu, Gurudwara, and Jain temples across the country, as well as the four Char Dham pilgrimage places.
The Ram Mandir Trust's name is: Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra.
Structure Of Ram Mandir
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi, together with RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat and other dignitaries, participated over the consecration ceremony of Ram Lalla in the newly-built Ayodhya Temple on January 22, 2024.
- The temple, built in the traditional Nagara style, features pink sandstone from Mirzapur and the hills of Bansi-Paharpur. The temple, estimated to cost Rs 1,800 crore, spans 71 acres and showcases architectural marvels.
- The main temple area, measuring 250 feet wide and 161 feet tall, spans 2.67 acres and includes 390 pillars, 46 doors, and 5 mandaps.
- The main Garbh Griha houses Ram Lalla's idols, which are accompanied by other mandaps, notably the Rang Mandap and the Nritya Mandap. Devotees enter the temple by climbing 32 stairs through Singh Dwar.
- The temple's 21-foot-high granite plinth protects it from ground dampness and ensures its endurance. Plans for the second level are still being discussed.
- A 25,000-person Pilgrim Facility Centre is now under development, providing medical and locker facilities. Furthermore, preparations for AI surveillance demonstrate a dedication to security.
- The temple, built using traditional and indigenous technologies, prioritizes environmental conservation, with 70% of its 71-acre area remaining green.
- Every Ram Navami at noon, a system of mirrors and lenses directs the sun's beams towards Ram Lalla's idol. This one-of-a-kind anointment, made from brass rather than iron or steel, does not require electricity.
- A Sri Lankan group donated a rock from the historic Ashok Vatika, bringing an international flair to the temple construction.
- Interestingly, no iron was utilized in the temple's construction, which is intended to last at least a millennium. Parkota, the adjacent rectangular parikrama, is home to temples dedicated to many deities, highlighting the area's cultural richness.
- A number of companies, including Larsen and Toubro, helped build Ram Mandir and its surrounding complex.
Invitees To The Ceremony
Virat Kohli, Sachin Tendulkar
Mukesh Ambani, Gautam Adani, Ratan Tata
CM of Uttar Pradesh
Arun Govil, Deepika Chikhalia, Ayushman Khurana, Katrina Kaif, Madhuri Dixit, Vicky Kausal, Amitabh Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan, Manoj Joshi, Vivek Oberoi, Kangana Ranaut, Jackie Shroff, Chiranjeevi, Ram Charan, Ranbir Kapoor, Alia Bhatt, Rajnikanth, Randeep Hudda, Lin Laishram
Former litigant in the Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid land suit
Ram Lalla Idol Sculptor
Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh chief
Ram Lalla Idol Details
- About Idol: The 51-inch idol depicts Lord Ram as a five-year-old child. The right hand of the idol represents him giving 'aashirwaad' and is designed to grasp an arrow, while the left hand is designed to carry a bow.
- Ayodhya Ram Mandie Height: At 235 feet broad, 161 feet high, and 360 feet long, the temple is really spectacular. It is three times as tall as the current ancient city structures. The building has five domes as well as a tower containing a Garbh Griha (sanctum) designed to let sunlight shine on the idol of Ram Lalla.
- 10 Avatars in Idol: Lord Vishnu's avatars are carved on both sides of the Ram Lalla statue. The idol depicts ten avatars: Matsya, Kurma, Varaha, Narasimha, Vamana, Parashurama, Rama, Krishna, Buddha, and Kalki. Also, near the right foot of the idol, Lord Hanuman has been etched. Lord Garuda (Vishnu's mount) can be seen at the idol's left foot.
- Designed by: The 41-year-old Arun Yogiraj comes from a family of five generations of sculptors. As the much-anticipated 'pran pratishtha' of Ram Lalla's idol unfolds in Ayodhya, the statue's sculptor, Arun Yogiraj, declares himself "the luckiest person on earth".
River Flows In Ayodhya
- Sarayu refers to Lower Ghaghara, which flows through the city of Ayodhya, the birth place of the Hindu deity Rama, who, along with the residents of Ayodhya, went to Vaikunth lok from this river and became deities in heaven afterward.
Which Stone Is Utilized In The Ram Idol?
- On the day of the opening of the Rama Temple in Ayodhya, the foundation stone was placed for a temple dedicated to Lord Ram at Gujjegowdanapura in Jayapura hobli of Mysuru taluk, where the black stone or "Krishna Shile" used to create the idol for the Ayodhya temple was discovered.
How Many Years Old Stone?
- According to reports, the rock from which the black stone has been chiselled out is a three billion-year-old rock. A sculptor, known for various statues across India created by him, Arun Yogiraj, from Mysore, Karnataka, created the idol of Rama.
Benefits of Krishna Shile Stone Used
- The majority of God and Goddess idols in South Indian temples are sculpted from Nellikaru rocks. These stones are known as Krishna Shilas because their color matches that of Lord Krishna.
- Good quality Krishna Shila is readily available in HD Kote and Mysuru. Because of its soft nature, which is primarily composed of lac, the stone may be readily sculpted into sculptures. The stone has the unique feature of being soft when first purchased from the quarries but becoming harder after 2-3 years.
Special Postage Stamps Book Released By PM Modi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi issued a batch of commemorative postage stamps for the Ram Temple in Ayodhya, as well as a book containing stamps from all around the world honouring the venerated god.
- The elaborate design of the stamps embodies the essence of Shri Ram Janmbhoomi Mandir, which has six different components. These include the Ram Mandir itself, the ageless Choupai 'Mangal Bhavan Amangal Hari', a dazzling portrayal of the sun, the sacred Saryu River, and the temple's sculptures.
- The six stamps in the collection feature major people and motifs from the Ramayana. These are the Ram Temple, Lord Ganesh, Lord Hanuman, Jatayu, Kevatraj, and Ma Shabri.
- Officials stated that each stamp is embellished with a touch of elegance, including a gold leaf of sun rays and the Choupai, which adds a magnificent touch to the small sheet.
- The use of the 'Panchabhutas', or the five physical elements - sky, air, fire, earth, and water - distinguishes these stamps. The stamps' numerous design aspects represent the perfect harmony of Panchamahabhutas, which is thought to be necessary for all manifestations in Hindu philosophy.
- The stamp release is accompanied by a 48-page book that offers light on Lord Ram's international relevance. The book features stamps from over 20 countries, including the United States, New Zealand, Singapore, Canada, Cambodia, and even international bodies like the United Nations. This collection tries to demonstrate Lord Ram's worldwide appeal and influence on various communities around the world.
FAQs - Ram Mandir At Ayodhya From History To The Present Time
Q. Where is Ram Mandir Located?
Q. Who opened Ram Mandir?
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated a grand Ram mandir of Ayodhya.
Q. Where is Ayodhya located?
Ayodhya is located in northern Uttar Pradesh.
Q. Who designed Ram Mandir idol?
The ram mandir idol is designed by Musuru-based sculptor Arun Yogiraj.
Daily Current Affairs & Quiz 2023-24: Latest Current Affairs, Quiz & News For Today
Mar 04 2024
SBI Clerk Mains Shift Timings 2024: Time Duration Of All Slots, Reporting Time And Exam Instructions
Mar 04 2024
NICL AO Prelims Shift Timings 2024: Time Duration, Reporting Time And Exam Instructions
Mar 04 2024
General Awareness Smart Analysis
- Get Weekly 4 set Test
- Each Set consist of 50 Questions
- Compare your progress with Test 1 & 2 & Test 3 & 4
- Deep Analysis in topic wise questions
- Bundle PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
- Grand Bundle PDF Course 2021
- English Bundle PDF Course
- Insurance & Financial Market Awareness Bundle PDF Course
- Descriptive Papers for Bank & Insurance Exams
- Interview Bundle PDF Course
- General Awareness Smart Analysis
- All Bank Exams Video Course
- All Mock Test Series (Platinum Package)
- All Premium eBooks
Premium PDF Course 12 Months
- Bundle PDF Course 2024
- Prime PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022