World Vegetarian Day 2022: October 1 - History, Theme, Significance, Quotes
Sep 30 2022
World Vegetarian Day 2022: A person who does not eat any meat or fish or poultry is referred to as vegetarian. Vegetarians eat vegetables, fruits, seeds, whole grains, tofu, spinach etc,. They keep themselves healthy by eating protein rich foods. Many studies say that a Vegetarian diet keeps us healthy and this diet may reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and various types of cancer. Mostly, the young people choose the vegetarian diet because it brings health benefits and this diet helps to reduce weight and it has a low cholesterol level. In order to celebrate these benefits from vegetables, The World Vegetarian Day is observed on 1st October of every year. Let’s see the History, Theme, Significance and Quotes for the World Vegetarian Day.
List of Important Days in October 2022
World Vegetarian Day 2022: History
- In 1977, the North American Vegetarian Society (NAVS) founded World Vegetarian Day.
- In 1978, the International Vegetarian Union endorsed the World Vegetarian Day.
- According to the North American Vegetarian Society, World Vegetarian Day was observed in order to create some awareness about the health, humanitarian, and ethical of a vegetarian lifestyle.
- World Vegetarian Day aims to promote life enhancing possibilities and the joy in eating vegetarian dishes.
World Vegetarian Day 2022 Theme:
- Every year th eWorld Vegetarian Day is celebrated with some special theme. The theme of World Vegetarian Day 2022 is yet to be announced.
World Vegetarian Day 2022: Significance
- This day is observed to promote the vegetarian lifestyle and educate people about the benefits of a diet without meat.
- On this day we can educate our family and friends about the benefits of being vegetarian.
- On this day all over the world the restaurants may try a new recipe and several people promote vegetarianism throughout the world.
World Vegetarian Day 2022: Quotes
Here we give some quotes that are related to the World Vegetarian Day,
- “Vegetarian food leaves a deep impression on our nature. If the whole world adopts vegetarianism, it can change the destiny of humankind.”
- “Vegetarianism is harmless enough though it is apt to fill a man with wind and self-righteousness.”
- “With vegetarianism, you are well settled and know that your food habit isn’t getting someone killed and you are devouring the fresh things only.”
- “Most vegetarians I ever see looked enough like their food to be classified as cannibals.”
World Vegetarian Day 2022: FAQs
Q: When is World Vegetarian Day observed?
A: The World Vegetarian Day is observed on 1st October of every year.
Q: Who founded World Vegetarian Day?
A; The North American Vegetarian Society (NAVS) founded World Vegetarian Day.
Also, access free PDFs
Government Schemes For RBI Grade B Exam 2023 PDF Download: Important Schemes With Details
Jun 01 2023
IBPS Clerk or RRB PO Which is Better? Check Complete Explanation Here
Jun 01 2023
IBPS Clerk Bank Preference List 2023: Check Details Of Participating Banks And Its Headquarters
Jun 01 2023
Don’t Miss Any Update
Enter the valid e-mail id and subscribe to Guidely to get the latest updates on all job notifications, Study Materials, Mock Tests and our new launches.
- 3000+ Mock Tests
- Topic / Sectional / ebooks
- Latest Exam Pattern
- 12 Months
- Access Mobile app and Website
- Premium Ebooks Not Included