World Smile Day 2022: October 7 - History, Theme, Significance, Quotes
Oct 06 2022
World Smile Day 2022: Smile is a facial expression, which expresses pleasure, amusement and excitement. Sometimes a smile expressess a pleasant and encouraging personality. Smiling is a very powerful thing which helps us to increase our happiness and decreases our stress and it also helps to reduce blood pressure. When we smile the muscles trigger our brain to produce more endorphins which relieves pain and stress. Smiling is good for our health in a number of ways. When we start our day with a smile then the whole day becomes a happiest day. A smile makes everyone's day a happiest day. World Smile Day is celebrated on the first Friday of October of every year. This year World Smile Day was celebrated on 7th October. Let’s see about the history, theme, significance and quotes for World Smile Day.
List of Important Days in October 2022
World Smile Day 2022: History
- In 1963, smiley face was created by the commercial artist Harvey Ball in Massachusetts. The smiley face looks like a yellow circle with black dots of eyes and a simple curve of genuine smile.
- He created this smiley face as a design for a State Mutual Life Insurance company campaign.
- Ball became worried because his original intent of doing a smiley face was lost. So in order to bring back his smiley face’s real meaning he created the first friday of october is celebrated as a World Smile Day.
- Harvey died in 2001 and the Harvey Ball World Smile Foundation was founded to honour Harvey Ball.
- This smiley face is used in cartoons and comics and it becomes very popular in the expansion of the internet and it is used as an emoji.
World Smile Day 2022: Theme
- Every year World Smile Day is celebrated on the first Friday of October with some special theme. World Smile Day 2022 Theme is “do an act of kindness, help one person smile.”
World Smile Day 2022: Significance
- World Smile Day is observed to show loving smiles and acts out of kindness. This day is declared to bring back the real meaning of the smiley face symbol.
- This day is celebrated to encourage people to act kindly and make a person's day happy with a smile.
- Our smile can lift our mood, just a smile makes us relax and reduces our stress.
- Smiling and laughing can improve our immune system. So we have to smile and keep our health healthy.
World Smile Day 2022:Quotes
Here we give some quotes related to the World Smile Day,
- “A warm smile is the universal language of kindness.” - William Arthur Ward.
- “Smile in the mirror. Do that every morning and you’ll start to see a big difference in your life.” - Yoko Ono.
- “We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do.” - Mother Teresa.
World Smile Day 2022: FAQs
Q: When is World Smile Day celebrated?
A: World Smile Day is celebrated on the first Friday of October of every year.
Q: Who created World Smile Day?
A: World Smile Day was created by the commercial artist Harvey Ball.
IBPS Clerk Exam Centres 2023: Test Cities For Prelims And Mains Exams
Jun 10 2023
IBPS RRB Handwritten Declaration 2023 Format: Check File Size And Dimensions With Left Thumb Impression Details For PO And Clerk Posts
Jun 10 2023
About LIC Of India: History, Establishment, Functions, Objectives, Mission, Chairman And Details
Jun 10 2023
Don’t Miss Any Update
Enter the valid e-mail id and subscribe to Guidely to get the latest updates on all job notifications, Study Materials, Mock Tests and our new launches.
- 3000+ Mock Tests
- Topic / Sectional / ebooks
- Latest Exam Pattern
- 12 Months
- Access Mobile app and Website
- Premium Ebooks and RBI Grade B Phase II Not Included