World Cotton Day 2023: October 7 - History, Theme, Significance, Quotes
Oct 07 2023
World Cotton Day 2023: Cotton is a natural fibre which is very soft and grows with seeds. All parts of the cotton plant are useful. Cotton grows in tropical and subtropical regions all over the world. The cotton fibre is collected and spun into a cotton thread which can be made into a cloth. These cotton clothes are soft and especially comfortable to wear in the summer. Cotton is one of the oldest fibres in human cultivation. Cotton is one of the most used natural fibres in the world. People used cotton for various purposes. Cotton is also used as a bandage. Generally, the cotton is more comfortable, hypoallergenic, Non-toxic, and Biodegradable. Cotton is the most profitable non food crop in the world. It is grown in more than 75 countries. Cotton is majorly produced in India and China. World Cotton Day is observed on 7th October of every year. This article will help you to know a detailed explanation of World Cotton Day History, World Cotton Day 2023 Theme, World Cotton Day 2023 Significance, World Cotton Day 2023 quotes, and some important FAQs related to World Cotton Day 2023.
World Cotton Day 2023: History
- In 2019, The four Cotton producers namely Benin, Burkina Faso, Chad and Mali initiated the World Trade Organisation about the World Cotton Day on October 7.
- The first World Cotton Day was celebrated on 7th October 2019 and it was hosted by the World Trade Organization.
- WTO Secretariat and secretariats of the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation collaborate and conduct the event.
- More than 800 participants attended the launching event at the World Trade Organisation headquarters.
World Cotton Day 2023: Theme
- World Cotton Day is celebrated with some special theme every year. The World Cotton Day 2023 theme is "Making cotton fair and sustainable for all, from farm to fashion".
World Cotton Day 2023: Significance
- World Cotton Day is celebrated in order to raise the visibility of the cotton sector and create awareness about the role that cotton plays in economic development and international trade.
- This day is annually observed to raise awareness about the importance of cotton and cotton related products and to promote the international trade of cotton.
- On this day we must know about the importance of cotton cultivation and its trade and we can raise awareness about cotton.
World Cotton Day 2023: Quotes
Here we provide some quotes that are related to the cottons,
- “Beautiful fabrics last; synthetics don’t. Certain fabrics, such as linen or cotton, develop their own character over time.”
- “I wish they’d had electric guitars in cotton fields back in the good old days. A whole lot of things would’ve been straightened out.”
- “The leaves fall, the wind blows, and the farm country slowly changes from the summer cotton into its winter woods.
|Current Affairs - Daily, Weekly, Monthly||English Language Free PDFs|
|Quantitative Aptitude Free PDFs||Free Bundle PDF|
World Cotton Day 2023: FAQs
Q: When is World Cotton Day celebrated?
A: World Cotton Day is celebrated on the 7th of October every year.
Q: Who proposed World Cotton Day?
A: World Cotton Day was proposed by the four cotton producers namely, Benin, Burkina Faso, Chad and Mali.
List of Space Centres in India PDF: Check State Wise List
Dec 02 2023
World Computer Literacy Day 2023 Theme And History: 2nd December
Dec 02 2023
List of Important Days in December 2023: Download National and International Days with Themes PDF
Dec 02 2023
General Awareness Smart Analysis
- Get Weekly 4 set Test
- Each Set consist of 50 Questions
- Compare your progress with Test 1 & 2 & Test 3 & 4
- Deep Analysis in topic wise questions
- Bundle PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
- Grand Bundle PDF Course 2021
- English Bundle PDF Course
- Insurance & Financial Market Awareness Bundle PDF Course
- Descriptive Papers for Bank & Insurance Exams
- Interview Bundle PDF Course
- General Awareness Smart Analysis
- All Bank Exams Video Course
- All Mock Test Series (Platinum Package)
- All Premium eBooks
PRIME Bundle PDF Course 2023 (Daily Target PDF) - 5 Months
- Exactly Based on Real Exam Pattern
- Language: English and Hindi
- Included with All New Pattern Questions
- Covered All Major Bank (Pre + Mains Exams)
- Answer key with video solution and Quizzes
- Including Previous Year Memory based Questions
- Prepared by Top Expert Faculties
- Total 1,20,000+ Questions
- 5 Months Validity