World Alzheimers Day 2023: September 21 - History, Theme, Significance, and Quotes
Sep 21 2023
World Alzheimers Day 2023: Every year World Alzheimers Day is observed on 21st September. Alzheimer’s is a brain disorder that slowly destroys the memory and thinking skills of a person. It can eventually destroy the ability to carry out simple tasks. This disease is a form of dementia. Alzheimer’s and Dementia are not the same kind. Dementia is a broader term for conditions that negatively affect the memory, thinking, and behavior of an affected person. Alzheimer's disease can be diagnosed mostly after the age of 65. If this disease is diagnosed before then, it is generally known as younger-onset or early-onset Alzheimer’s disease. There is no medicine for Alzheimer’s disease to cure it but we can slow down the progression of disease. This article will help you to know a detailed explanation of World Alzheimers Day History, World Alzheimers Day 2023 Theme, World Alzheimers Day 2023 Significance, World Alzheimers Day 2023 quotes, and some important FAQs related to World Alzheimers Day 2023.
World Alzheimers Day: History
- Alzheimer's disease was first diagnosed in an old German lady in 1901 by Alois Alzheimer, a German Psychiatrist. This illness was named after the German Psychiatrist.
- When Alzheimer’s Disease International celebrated its 10th anniversary in 1994, the Association declared that World Alzheimer’s Day was observed on the 21st September of every year.
- Alzheimer’s disease is the 6th leading cause of death and in all over the world the 7th deadliest disease.
- The early symptom of the disease is an inability to recall the events or discussions or our daily activities. It may affect physical health too.
World Alzheimers Day 2023 Theme
- Every year World Alzheimer's Day is celebrated with some special themes. World Alzheimers Day 2023 Theme is “Never too early, never too late". This theme aims to identify the risk factors and adopt risk reduction measures
World Alzheimers Day 2023: Significance
- This day is observed in order to create awareness about Alzheimer's disease. Raising awareness about the symptoms of the disease.
- World Alzheimer’s Day is observed throughout the month in several countries.
- If someone has a parent or sibling affected with Alzheimer’s then their probability of developing the disease can increase.
- A traumatic brain injury to the skull can also cause a risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease. We cannot cure this disease completely but we can slow down the process of this disease.
World Alzheimers Day 2023: Quotes
- “People do not realize that Alzheimer’s is not old age. It is a progressive and fatal disease and staggering amounts of people develop Alzheimer’s every day.”
- “The Great tragedy of Alzheimer’s Day, and the reason why we dread it, is that it leaves us with no defense, not even against those who love us.”
World Alzheimers Day 2023: FAQs
Q: When is World Alzheimer’s Day observed?
A: World Alzheimer’s Day is observed on the 21st September of every year and in some countries, this day can be observed for the whole month.
Q: When was Alzheimer's Disease first diagnosed?
A: Alzheimer's disease was first diagnosed in an old German lady in 1901 by Alois Alzheimer, a German Psychiatrist.
Also, access free PDFs
IBPS RRB PO Mains Result 2023 Out: Officer Scale 1 Result Download Link
Sep 25 2023
Bharat Ratna Winners List PDF Download: Check Award Winners from 1954 to 2023
Sep 25 2023
First in India GK PDF 2023: Download the List of Male, Female First in India
Sep 25 2023
General Awareness Smart Analysis
- Get Weekly 4 set Test
- Each Set consist of 50 Questions
- Compare your progress with Test 1 & 2 & Test 3 & 4
- Deep Analysis in topic wise questions
- Bundle PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
- Grand Bundle PDF Course 2021
- English Bundle PDF Course
- Insurance & Financial Market Awareness Bundle PDF Course
- Descriptive Papers for Bank & Insurance Exams
- Interview Bundle PDF Course
- General Awareness Smart Analysis
- All Bank Exams Video Course
- All Mock Test Series (Platinum Package)
- All Premium eBooks
PRIME Bundle PDF Course 2023 (Daily Target PDF)
- Exactly Based on Real Exam Pattern
- Language: English and Hindi
- Included with All New Pattern Questions
- Covered All Major Bank (Pre + Mains Exams)
- Answer key with video solution and Quizzes
- Including Previous Year Memory based Questions
- Prepared by Top Expert Faculties
- Total 1,20,000+ Questions
- 8 Months Validity