Durga Puja 2023: October(14-24) - History, Theme, Significance, and Quotes
Oct 16 2023
Durga Puja 2023: Durga Puja is a 10 day Hindu festival celebrated annually to devote Goddess Durga, an incarnation of Goddess Parvati. Durga Puja is the most significant festival in eastern states of India like West Bengal, Assam, Bihar, Tripura, Manipur, and Odisha. In these states, Durga Puja is celebrated as a socio-cultural festival. Durga Puja is also called as Durgotsava and Sharadotsava. This festival originated in West Bengal and spread to other states. Durga Puja festival is celebrated in the month of September or October for 10 days however the last five days are the most important part of the Puja. Other than Goddess Durga, Goddess Saraswathi, Goddess Lakshmi, Lord Ganesha, and Lord Kartikeya are also worshipped in this Durga Puja festival. This year Durga Puja festival starts on 14th October and ends on 24th October. This article will help you to know a detailed explanation of Durga Puja History, Durga Puja 2023 Theme, Durga Puja 2023 Significance, Durga Puja 2023 quotes, and some important FAQs related to Durga Puja 2023. Visit this page to learn more about the Durga Puja update 2023 in detail.
Durga Puja History
In Navratri, people worship the 9 different forms of Durga. Hence, the name Durga Puja. Durga Puja is celebrated for the victory of Goddess Durga over Mahishasura.
Dussehra (Vijaya Dashami) is a day to celebrate the victory of good over evil. It is a gazetted holiday in India, which is marked on the 10th day of the month of Ashvin, according to the Hindu calendar.
Dussehra mainly marks the victory of Lord Rama over Ravana. It is believed that Ram went to the War after worshipping Goddess Durga for 9 days and after getting the blessings he had a victory over Ravana.
The Mahabharata is another series of Hindu stories that play a role in the Dussehra festival. The Pandavas were five brothers who fought evil forces with a set of distinctive weapons. They abandoned their weapons and went into exile for one year. They hid their weapons in a Shami tree and found them in the same place when they returned from exile. They then worshipped the tree before going to a battle, which they won. This epic is also commemorated during Dussehra.
Durga Puja Theme 2023:
There is no specific theme to celebrate Durga Puja. Durga Puja is a ten-day festival and involves the worship of the goddess Durga in different forms with the performance of various rituals and ceremonies. Durga Puja in Kolkata is on the Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO's Intergovernmental Committee.
Durga Puja Significance 2023:
Durga Puja festival marks the victory of Goddess Durga over Mahishasura. Hence Durga Puja festival is celebrated as the victory of good over evil. Durga Puja is observed as an instance of the public performance of religion and art and as a thriving ground for collaborative artists and designers. The 10 days of Durga Puja include
- Mahalaya on October 14,
- Maha Panchami on October 15,
- Maha Sashti on October 16,
- Maha Saptami on October 21,
- Maha Ashtami on October 22,
- Maha Navami on October 23, and
- Vijaya Dashami on October 24.
The starting day of Durga Puja is Mahalaya, which is the birthday of the goddess. Celebrations and worship begin on Sashti. For the next three days, the goddess is worshipped in different forms such as Durga, Lakshmi, and Sarasvati. Celebrations will be started on Vijaya Dashami by chanting and blaring drums, sacred idols are carried to local rivers, where they are immersed.
Durga Puja Quotes 2023:
- May goddess Durga protect you from every evil out there and guide you wherever you go, whatever you do. Happy Durga Puja.
- Start this year by taking the blessings of Ma Durga, you will get all the success and prosperity you want.
- Durga Puja is a reminder that we must always stand for the right and that is the best way to celebrate this auspicious day. Best wishes on Durga Puja.
- Celebrate The Victory Of The Force Of Good Over Evil. Let’s Celebrate An Auspicious Day To Begin New Beginnings In Life. Happy Durga Puja.
- Dedicate yourself to the rituals and prayers, not to the food. Have a good time partying, not eating. Wish you all the best on this holy occasion.
|Current Affairs - Daily, Weekly, Monthly||English Language Free PDFs|
|Quantitative Aptitude Free PDFs||Free Bundle PDF|
Durga Puja FAQs:
Q. Durga Puja Festival is celebrated in which state?
A. Durga Puja Festival is celebrated in eastern states of India like West Bengal, Assam, Bihar, Tripura, Manipur, and Odisha.
Q. On which month Durga Puja festival is celebrated?
A. Durga Puja festival is celebrated in the month of September or October.
List of Domestic and International Airports In India 2023 PDF: With Airports In India Map
Dec 11 2023
List of Dance Forms in India 2023 PDF: State Wise With Pictures Classical And Folk Dance Forms
Dec 11 2023
Easiest Competitive Exams in India 2023: Top 10 Exams To Crack Easily, Bank, SSC, Railway
Dec 11 2023
General Awareness Smart Analysis
- Get Weekly 4 set Test
- Each Set consist of 50 Questions
- Compare your progress with Test 1 & 2 & Test 3 & 4
- Deep Analysis in topic wise questions
- Bundle PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
- Grand Bundle PDF Course 2021
- English Bundle PDF Course
- Insurance & Financial Market Awareness Bundle PDF Course
- Descriptive Papers for Bank & Insurance Exams
- Interview Bundle PDF Course
- General Awareness Smart Analysis
- All Bank Exams Video Course
- All Mock Test Series (Platinum Package)
- All Premium eBooks
Premium PDF Course 12 Months
- Bundle PDF Course 2024
- Prime PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
PRIME Bundle PDF Course 2023 (Daily Target PDF)
- Exactly Based on Real Exam Pattern
- Language: English and Hindi
- Included with All New Pattern Questions
- Covered All Major Bank (Pre + Mains Exams)
- Answer key with video solution and Quizzes
- Including Previous Year Memory based Questions
- Prepared by Top Expert Faculties
- Total 1,20,000+ Questions
- 12 Months Validity