Central Excise Day 2022: February 24 | History, Theme, Significance, and Quotes
Feb 11 2022
Central Excise day 2022: 24 February 2022 is to be celebrated as the central Excise day 2022 of this year. Every year February 24 is celebrated as the central Excise day all over the world. The day is being celebrated to honor the service of the Central Board of Excise and Custom (CBEC) to the country. The day is celebrated to honor the officers associated with CBEC and their services. This is done to encourage the officers to carry out their duties with utmost sincerity. The officers, every year perform checking of corruption in goods from the manufacturing sector. The day is celebrated to commemorate the legislation of the Central Excise and Salt act on 24 February 1944. This day concentrates to spread awareness about the importance of Central excise which supports a great deal to increase the Indian economy to help make the country a healthy and developed nation. It also encourages the employees of the Excise Department to carry out their duty in a better way and even to prevent corruption in the goods manufacturing business as well as implement other rules to carry out the best possible excise services.
Central excise has become the vital source of the financial development of the country for better socio-economic development in India. In the back years, the financial revenue of the country has become double through the better service delivery standards of the central excise departments. The revenue collection through the central excise department is used in the following schemes such as education, health including other schemes of the social sector. Central excise supports a lot to improve the Indian economy by eliminating poverty and illiteracy, offering better education and health services, etc to make the country a healthy and developed country. The CBEC ( Central Board of Excise and Customs) is responsible for formulating a policy of levy and collection of Customs, Central Goods and Services Tax, and prevention of smuggling. Now the CBEC was renamed the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC).
Central Excise Day 2022: History
- The Central Excise Department was one of the oldest departments in India which was established in the year of 1855, under the British Raj. “The Central Excise Act” or “The Central Excise and Salt Act” was regulated in the year 1944, in which year for the first time the Central Excise Day was celebrated but later in the year 1996 these acts get some changes.
- For the Central Excise Officers under the Union Government the “Power to Arrest” was given in the year 1973, which in the year of 2013 given to the Service Tax Matters. In this act, at first, there were 67 items mentioned about the Excise Duties which now approximately reach to the number of 1000 almost. After the year 2017, July, and the appearance of GST the Central Excise department only focus on Petroleum and Liquor products to get the tax on perfect assurances.
- In recognition of the establishment of laws, the CBEC has celebrated Central Excise day since the passing of the salt act which was signed into law on February 24, 1944.
Central Excise day 2022: Theme
- The theme of celebrating Central Excise Day is to inform the people of the country about the importance of the Central Board of Excise and Customs.
- Many programs are organized on Central Excise Day, including seminars, workshops, educational and cultural programs, awareness programs, competitions, and award ceremonies.
- The customs officers check corruption in goods from the manufacturing sector.
- The common people do not know much about Central Excise, as it is an indirect tax.
- Excluding the agriculturally grown goods, factories are making decisions on almost all the goods being made, which started on 24 February 1944.
Central Excise day 2022: Significance
The day honors the contribution of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) to the country and the officers associated with it and their services. The day also encourages the officers to carry out their duties with utmost sincerity. Every year, officers do their duties of checking the corruption of goods from the manufacturing sector. The Central Excise Department plays an important role in the industrial development of the country. The tax system has been reformed by the Ministry to make payment of taxes easier and has also increased the use of techniques.
Central Excise Day 2022: Quotes
- Instead of dreaming to become rich, better dream to become successful because success brings achievement fame, and confidence.
- Let us put efforts to make India rich and wealthy.
- The income tax is a twentieth-century socialist experiment that has failed. Before the income tax was imposed on us 80 years ago. Only sales, excise, and tariffs were allowed.
- Government is not a substitute for people, but simply the instrument through which they act.
- Back then, the excise of tax was designed to be a luxury tax for people who owned telephones.
- I am a tariff man, standing on a tariff platform.
- The electricity traffic in Punjab is highest in North India, and it should be decreased.
- Evidence points that if you raise tariffs too rich it will increase smuggling.
- A protective tariff is a typical conspiracy in restraint of trade.
- We can afford to differ on the currency, the tariff, and foreign policy; but we cannot afford to differ on the question of honesty if we expect our republic to permanently endure.
Central Excise day 2022: FAQs
Q. What is World Excise Day?
Every year February 24 is celebrated as the central Excise day all over the world. The day is being celebrated to honor the service of the Central Board of Excise and Custom (CBEC) to the country. The day is celebrated to honor the officers associated with CBEC and their services.
Q. Who is the chairman of the Central Board of Taxes and Customs?
A. The chairman and member of the Central Board of Taxes and Customs are Shri Vivek Johri, B.A. (Hons), M.B.A.
Q. Who is liable to pay excise?
A. The manufacturers or the producer of goods is liable to pay Excise Duty.
ECGC PO Shift timings 2022: Check Reporting Time & General Instructions
May 27 2022
Daily Current Affairs & Quiz 2022: Latest Current Affairs, Quiz & News For Today
May 26 2022
Gujarat Metro Rail Recruitment 2022 Notification Out | Apply Online For GM & Other Posts
May 26 2022