Central Excise Day 2023: February 24 | History, Theme, Significance, and Quotes
Feb 21 2023
Central Excise day 2023 Theme and History: 24th February 2023 is to be celebrated as central Excise day 2023 this year. Every year February 24 is celebrated as the central Excise day all over the world. The day is being celebrated to honor the service of the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC) to the country. The day is celebrated to honor the officers associated with CBEC and their services. This is done to encourage the officers to carry out their duties with utmost sincerity. The officers, every year perform checking for corruption in goods from the manufacturing sector. The day is celebrated to commemorate the legislation of the Central Excise and Salt act on 24 February 1944. This day concentrates to spread awareness about the importance of Central excise which supports a great deal to increase the Indian economy to help make the country a healthy and developed nation. It also encourages the employees of the Excise Department to carry out their duty in a better way and even to prevent corruption in the goods manufacturing business as well as implement other rules to carry out the best possible excise services.
Central excise has become a vital source of the financial development of the country for better socio-economic development in India. In the back years, the financial revenue of the country has become double through the better service delivery standards of the central excise departments. The revenue collection through the central excise department is used in the following schemes such as education, and health including other schemes of the social sector. Central excise supports a lot to improve the Indian economy by eliminating poverty and illiteracy, offering better education and health services, etc to make the country a healthy and developed country. The CBEC ( Central Board of Excise and Customs) is responsible for formulating a policy of levy and collection of Customs, Central Goods and Services Tax, and prevention of smuggling. Now the CBEC was renamed the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC).
Central Excise Day History
- The Central Excise Department was one of the oldest departments in India which was established in the year 1855, under the British Raj. “The Central Excise Act” or “The Central Excise and Salt Act” was regulated in the year 1944, in which year for the first time Central Excise Day was celebrated but later in the year 1996 these acts get some changes.
- For the Central Excise Officers under the Union Government the “Power to Arrest” was given in the year 1973, which in the year 2013 was given to the Service Tax Matters. In this act, at first, there were 67 items mentioned about the Excise Duties which now approximately reach the number 1000 almost. After the year 2017, July, and the appearance of GST the Central Excise department only focus on Petroleum and Liquor products to get the tax on perfect assurances.
- In recognition of the establishment of laws, the CBEC has celebrated Central Excise day since the passing of the salt act which was signed into law on February 24, 1944.
Central Excise day 2023 Theme
The Central Excise Day 2023 theme has not been published. Once the Central Excise Day 2023 Theme is published it will be updated on the Central Excise Day 2023 Theme Page.
Central Excise day 2023 Significance
The day honors the contribution of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) to the country and the officers associated with it and its services. The day also encourages the officers to carry out their duties with utmost sincerity. Every year, officers do their duties of checking the corruption of goods from the manufacturing sector. The Central Excise Department plays an important role in the industrial development of the country. The tax system has been reformed by the Ministry to make payment of taxes easier and has also increased the use of techniques.
Central Excise Day 2023 Quotes
- Instead of dreaming to become rich, a better dream to become successful because success brings achievement fame, and confidence.
- Let us put efforts to make India rich and wealthy.
- The income tax is a twentieth-century socialist experiment that has failed. Before the income tax was imposed on us 80 years ago. Only sales, excise, and tariffs were allowed.
- Government is not a substitute for people, but simply the instrument through which they act.
- Back then, the excise of tax was designed to be a luxury tax for people who owned telephones.
- I am a tariff man, standing on a tariff platform.
- The electricity traffic in Punjab is highest in North India, and it should be decreased.
- Evidence points that if you raise tariffs too rich it will increase smuggling.
- A protective tariff is a typical conspiracy in restraint of trade.
- We can afford to differ on the currency, the tariff, and foreign policy; but we cannot afford to differ on the question of honesty if we expect our republic to permanently endure.
Central Excise day 2023 FAQs
Q. What is World Excise Day?
Every year February 24 is celebrated as the central Excise day all over the world. The day is being celebrated to honor the service of the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC) to the country. The day is celebrated to honor the officers associated with CBEC and their services.
Q. Who is the chairman of the Central Board of Taxes and Customs?
A. The chairman and member of the Central Board of Taxes and Customs are Shri Vivek Johri, B.A. (Hons), M.B.A.
Q. Who is liable to pay excise?
A. The manufacturers or the producer of goods is liable to pay Excise Duty.
List of Domestic and International Airports In India 2023 PDF: With Airports In India Map
Dec 11 2023
List of Dance Forms in India 2023 PDF: State Wise With Pictures Classical And Folk Dance Forms
Dec 11 2023
Easiest Competitive Exams in India 2023: Top 10 Exams To Crack Easily, Bank, SSC, Railway
Dec 11 2023
General Awareness Smart Analysis
- Get Weekly 4 set Test
- Each Set consist of 50 Questions
- Compare your progress with Test 1 & 2 & Test 3 & 4
- Deep Analysis in topic wise questions
- Bundle PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
- Grand Bundle PDF Course 2021
- English Bundle PDF Course
- Insurance & Financial Market Awareness Bundle PDF Course
- Descriptive Papers for Bank & Insurance Exams
- Interview Bundle PDF Course
- General Awareness Smart Analysis
- All Bank Exams Video Course
- All Mock Test Series (Platinum Package)
- All Premium eBooks
Premium PDF Course 12 Months
- Bundle PDF Course 2024
- Prime PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
PRIME Bundle PDF Course 2023 (Daily Target PDF)
- Exactly Based on Real Exam Pattern
- Language: English and Hindi
- Included with All New Pattern Questions
- Covered All Major Bank (Pre + Mains Exams)
- Answer key with video solution and Quizzes
- Including Previous Year Memory based Questions
- Prepared by Top Expert Faculties
- Total 1,20,000+ Questions
- 12 Months Validity