World Zoonoses Day 2023: July 6 History, theme, Significance, and Quotes
Jul 06 2023
World Zoonoses Day 2023: On 6th July of this current year, World Zoonoses Day 2023 is observed all over the world as a public awareness event. Every year on June 6th, World Zoonoses Day is commemorated as the anniversary of the first-ever vaccine given for any zoonotic disease way back in 1885. The purpose of this day is to raise awareness of illnesses that can spread from humans to animals. According to a study by the C.D.C., at least 70% of developing infectious diseases have animal origins, and 60% of all infectious diseases that are currently prevalent are zoonotic. Zoonotic diseases are conditions that can spread from an animal or bug to a human. Some illnesses may not harm the animal, but they can make people sick. The illnesses may manifest as small, transient ailments or as serious, irreversible disorders. According to reports, 60 percent of human infections have an animal or insect as their primary source.
Zoonotic diseases are a class of illnesses that are spread from animals to people and are brought on by bacteria, fungi, viruses, and parasites. Zoonotic diseases are those that can spread from an animal or bug to a human being and are brought on by viruses, bacteria, fungi, or parasites. To date, a sizable number of zoonotic illnesses have had an impact on people. The COVID-19 epidemic might be the most recent illustration. According to the material that is currently known and acknowledged, the pandemic is caused by a virus that is thought to originate from bats
World Zoonoses Day History
- In 2300 B.C., Rabies was first recorded and the Mosaic Esmuna Code of Babylon showed the first written account of rabies causing death in humans and dogs.
- on September 29, 1976, Ebola was Discovered. It was named after the Ebola River in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- In 2009, Swine Flu Outbroke. The C.D.C. estimates that the global death toll is due to H.1.N.1. influenza is more than 284,000.
- On January 30, 2020, WHO declares the novel coronavirus outbreak a public health emergency of worldwide concern.
- On this day on 6th July 1885, a French biologist named Louise Pasteur who is also very known for his theory of pasteurization successfully administered the first-ever vaccination given for a zoonotic disease to a man named Joseph Meister who was bitten by a dog with rabies.
World Zoonoses Day 2023 Theme
"One World, One Health: Prevent Zoonoses, Stop the Spread" is the focus of this year's World Zoonoses Day 2023, which is crucial if we are to escape the COVID-19 pandemic, which has already done too much harm. Let's break the chain and raise awareness. To stop the spread of zoonotic diseases, we must take several different steps. The government, for instance, can tighten food safety laws to stop the spread of disease through food. However, it is crucial to comprehend what each of us can do on a personal level to protect our loved ones and ourselves against zoonotic diseases. The majority of zoonotic infections may be prevented with appropriate prevention, therefore people can greatly benefit from increased awareness. According to studies, 75% of zoonotic infections in people are transmitted indirectly, such as through food. This suggests that with our attention, we may avert around 75% of zoonotic illnesses.
World Zoonoses Day 2023 Significance
The significance of "World Zoonoses Day" lies in the fact that it raises public awareness of the significance of zoonotic disease prevention and treatment as well as celebrating the enormous progress made by mankind in this area. In light of the fact that we are currently in the midst of the pandemic period and that dealing with one is difficult for everyone, it is crucial for people to be knowledgeable about zoonotic illnesses in order to prevent situations similar to this from occurring again. Additionally, zoonotic illnesses can be exceedingly threatening to human lives since they spread quickly and, if left untreated, can infect a huge number of humans. Animal and bird flu, bird flu, bovine tuberculosis, dengue fever, Ebola, and other zoonotic illnesses have had a major impact on people. By raising an understanding of their causes and the effects they have on the human body, the majority of these may be avoided. Zoonotic illnesses can cause a person's death in addition to making them sick. Awareness has the potential to save numerous lives.
World Zoonoses Day 2023 Quotes
- The accelerating pace of zoonotic transmission of novel viruses into humans is attributable to anthropogenic epidemiologic factors. Only behavior modification or medical management of this future health burden will minimize the risks of future zoonoses for human populations.
- World Zoonoses Day is important to every one of us because it brings to light the various diseases that animals can cause and the ways we can prevent diseases.
- Animal lovers and animal keepers can explain the importance of this day much better as world zoonotic diseases usually originated in animals.
World Zoonoses Day 2023 FAQs
Q: Why is Zoonose Day celebrated on July 6th?
A: World Zoonoses Day has been observed on July 6 since 1885 to honor the success of French biologist Louis Pasteur, who administered the first vaccination against zoonotic disease on this day.
Q: What are the four types of zoonoses?
A: Zoonoses can be classified according to the etiologic agent – viral, bacterial, parasitic, mycotic, or unconventional (prions).
Also, access free PDFs
SBI Exam Calendar 2023 PDF Download: State Bank Of India Clerk, PO And SO Exam Schedule
Dec 09 2023
Upcoming Bank Exams 2024 Full List PDF Download: Check Notification, Date
Dec 09 2023
Upcoming Government Exams 2024-25 PDF: Download Full List For Bank, SSC, Railway Exams
Dec 09 2023
General Awareness Smart Analysis
- Get Weekly 4 set Test
- Each Set consist of 50 Questions
- Compare your progress with Test 1 & 2 & Test 3 & 4
- Deep Analysis in topic wise questions
- Bundle PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
- Grand Bundle PDF Course 2021
- English Bundle PDF Course
- Insurance & Financial Market Awareness Bundle PDF Course
- Descriptive Papers for Bank & Insurance Exams
- Interview Bundle PDF Course
- General Awareness Smart Analysis
- All Bank Exams Video Course
- All Mock Test Series (Platinum Package)
- All Premium eBooks
Premium PDF Course 12 Months
- Bundle PDF Course 2024
- Prime PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
PRIME Bundle PDF Course 2023 (Daily Target PDF)
- Exactly Based on Real Exam Pattern
- Language: English and Hindi
- Included with All New Pattern Questions
- Covered All Major Bank (Pre + Mains Exams)
- Answer key with video solution and Quizzes
- Including Previous Year Memory based Questions
- Prepared by Top Expert Faculties
- Total 1,20,000+ Questions
- 12 Months Validity