World Theatre Day 2023 History, Theme, Significance: March 27
Mar 27 2023
World Theatre Day 2023: On 27th March of this current year World Theatre Day 2023 is celebrated all over the world. It is an international day observed annually all over the world on the 27th of March every year. World Theater Day celebrates the importance of theater arts as it continues to move, entertain, teach and change us. It is designated by the International Theatre Institute (ITI) in 1961, this day celebrates the essence, beauty, and importance of theatre arts, their significant role in entertainment, and the symbolic impact that theatre has on life. This day also serves to inform governments, politicians, institutions, and stakeholders around the world who have not yet realized the value of theatre to the people and its potential for economic growth. This year, it will be the 60th World Theatre Day after it was initiated in 1962. This day raises the importance of theatre arts, its role in entertainment, and the changes in our day-to-day lives.
Theatre or theater is a collaborative form of performing art that uses live performers, usually actors or actresses, to present the experience of a real or imagined event before a live audience in a specific place, often a stage. The performers may communicate this experience to the audience through combinations of gestures, speech, song, music, and dance. Elements of art, such as painted scenery and stagecraft such as lighting are used to enhance the physicality, presence, and immediacy of the experience. Modern theatre includes performances of plays and musical theatre. The art forms of ballet and opera are also theatre and use many conventions such as acting, costumes, and staging. They were influential to the development of musical theatre. The day is celebrated to raise awareness about the importance of theatre arts and their important role in entertainment, and to highlight how they can be used to foster peace and economic development.
World Theatre Day 2023: History
- In 534 B.C Poet, tragedian, and author Thespis arrives in Athens with his troupe and performs in the marketplace.
- In 55 B.C Rome’s First Stone Theatre - Pompey the Great builds the first permanent stone theatre in Rome.
- In 1585, Widely regarded as the world’s oldest theatre in world, the Teatro Olimpico in Vicenza, Italy, is inaugurated with a performance of Sophocles’ “Oedipus the King.”
- In 1962, First World Theatre Day - For the first time, World Theatre Day is celebrated by ITI centers, ITI Cooperating Members, theatre professionals and organizations, theatre academies, and theatre lovers all over the world on March 27.
World Theatre Day 2023 Theme
World Theatre Day is a day to celebrate the raise awareness about the importance of the theatre arts. To do this, every year on March 27, a theme is followed for the past 59 years. The theme for World Theatre Day 2023 is "Theatre and a Culture of Peace."ITI doesn’t designate any specific theme for World Theatre Day every year. Every year, the theme for World Theatre Day is “Theatre and a Culture of Peace”. Many of the celebrations happen at ITI centers and designated locations around the world, and ITI encourages everyone celebrating this day to use their creativity for its promotion.
World Theatre Day 2023: Significance
The main goal of this World Theatre Day is to promote theatre in all its forms, to make people aware of the value of theatre, to enable theatre communities to promote their work on a large scale, to enjoy theatre in all its forms, and to share the joy for theatres with others. World Theatre Day provides us with an opportunity to celebrate the various forms of theatre, and appreciate their significance in our society. Many of these forms of theatre have survived for centuries, while some have evolved into new ones over time. While some are more famous than others, all of these art forms are essential for education, entertainment, stimulation, and relaxation. One of the goals of the day is to make people aware of the value and beauty of theatre in all its forms. This is why the international theatre community plans performances, lectures, and award presentations each year to promote the ancient craft of drama and music.
World Theatre Day 2023: Quotes
- Theatres are not just another way to entertain ourselves but they are a way to learn something new, something more meaningful. Happy World Theatre Day.
- No matter how many entertainment options we have, we must never forget how special and beautiful a theatre is.
- There is something so special and unique about theatres that we must all experience and value.
World Theatre Day 2023: FAQs
Q. Why theatre is important?
Not only is it important to learn about different kinds of people and aspects of life, but these shows also give a glimpse into other people's lives. Theatre allows you to step into someone else's shoes and see life from their point of view. This teaches young people lessons of empathy and cultural relativity.
Q. How does a theater bring stories to life?
Theatre brings people together because it is a collaborative art so you learn to become a member of a community. Theatre helps you express yourself, helps you tell the stories of your life and the lives of others. It helps you create meaning through personal narratives.
List of Domestic and International Airports In India 2023 PDF: With Airports In India Map
Dec 11 2023
List of Dance Forms in India 2023 PDF: State Wise With Pictures Classical And Folk Dance Forms
Dec 11 2023
Easiest Competitive Exams in India 2023: Top 10 Exams To Crack Easily, Bank, SSC, Railway
Dec 11 2023
General Awareness Smart Analysis
- Get Weekly 4 set Test
- Each Set consist of 50 Questions
- Compare your progress with Test 1 & 2 & Test 3 & 4
- Deep Analysis in topic wise questions
- Bundle PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
- Grand Bundle PDF Course 2021
- English Bundle PDF Course
- Insurance & Financial Market Awareness Bundle PDF Course
- Descriptive Papers for Bank & Insurance Exams
- Interview Bundle PDF Course
- General Awareness Smart Analysis
- All Bank Exams Video Course
- All Mock Test Series (Platinum Package)
- All Premium eBooks
Premium PDF Course 12 Months
- Bundle PDF Course 2024
- Prime PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
PRIME Bundle PDF Course 2023 (Daily Target PDF)
- Exactly Based on Real Exam Pattern
- Language: English and Hindi
- Included with All New Pattern Questions
- Covered All Major Bank (Pre + Mains Exams)
- Answer key with video solution and Quizzes
- Including Previous Year Memory based Questions
- Prepared by Top Expert Faculties
- Total 1,20,000+ Questions
- 12 Months Validity