World Thalassaemia Day 2023 - May 8 History, Theme, Significance, Quotes
May 08 2023
World Thalassaemia day is celebrated every year on May 8. This day is celebrated to raise awareness about the struggles of patients suffering from genetic disorders and raise awareness about Thalassaemia. World Thalassaemia Day is to commemorate the honour of patients who are suffering from Thalassaemia. Thalassaemia is a genetic disease that transfers from parents to children. It reduces the level of Hemoglobin in the blood and there is a decrease in the production of Red Blood Cells (RBC). Here we are providing about Thalassaemia History, Theme, significance, quotes. Let us discuss them here one by one. On World Thalassaemia Day, Thalassaemia International Federation (TIF) organises special events and themes to raise awareness about the disease Thalassaemia.
World Thalassaemia Day History
- In 1994, Thalassaemia International Federation (TIF) established May 8 as Thalassaemia Day.
- Thalassaemia International Federation(TIF) is organising many useful activities to seek attraction of public, to improve the health of the public.
- This day was observed in the memory of George Englezos who was the son of Thalassaemia International Federation's (TIF) president and founder.
World Thalassaemia Day 2023 Theme
- The theme of World Thalassaemia Day is associated with a specific theme. Every year theme is observed to raise awareness about World Thalassaemia Day.
- The Theme of World Thalassaemia Day 2023 is “Strengthening Education to Bridge the Thalassaemia Care Gap”.
World Thalassaemia Day 2023 Significance
- Thalassaemia is a genetic disorder that transfers the disease from the parents to the youth generation. This day is observed to reach the people about the disease, its symptoms, its causes etc.
- The symptoms of Thalassaemia are weakness, slow growth, dark urine, abdominal swelling etc.
- Since Thalassaemia is a genetic disease, it cannot be controlled. So it is necessary to conduct the test before the birth of the child.
- Thalassaemia is a severe disease to control. It experiences slow growth due to the reduction of Red Blood Cells and it causes Anemia.
- Several seminars and talks are discussed in many hospitals on how to fight this inherited disease without any deaths of the people.
World Thalassaemia Day 2023 Famous Quotes
Here we are providing famous World Thalassaemia Day quotes by famous personalities
"Let us not forget how much of a struggle it is for people suffering from thalassaemia. Let us support them and make this life easier for them. Happy World Thalassaemia Day".
“The occasion of World Thalassaemia Day reminds us to come together and support all those who are fighting with this disease. Happy World Thalassaemia Day to all".
"There are so many people out there suffering from thalassaemia and they need our help. Let us step out and donate blood. Happy World Thalassaemia Day to all".
Here we are providing a detailed explanation of World Thalassaemia Day. The Aspirants who are preparing for various bank exams like SBI PO AND CLERK, IBPS PO and CLERK, IBPS RRB PO and CLERK etc can refer to this article to get knowledge about World Thalassaemia Day. The Aspirants who are willing to get good knowledge about Thalassaemia can utilize this article for future endeavours.
World Thalassaemia Day 2023 Some Important FAQs
Q. Why is Thalassaemia Day celebrated every year?
A. Thalassaemia Day is celebrated to explain the patient’s daily struggle, and to raise awareness about the disease Thalassaemia. Beta thalassaemia is a major disease that affects people regularly.
Q. Who discovered Thalassaemia?
A. Thalassaemia was first discovered by American physician Thomas Cooley in 1925. Thalassaemia was first explained in the medical literature.
Q. What are the three types of Thalassaemia?
A. There are three major types of Thalassaemia. They are beta thalassaemia major, intermedia and minor.
FCI Category 3 Application Reprint 2023 Link Activated: Download Application Form
Jun 04 2023
IBPS RRB Local Language List: Regional Languages In IBPS RRB
Jun 03 2023
LIC ADO Interview Date 2023: Check Schedule of Interview
Jun 03 2023