World Sustainable Energy Day 2023: 27th February | History, Significance, Quotes & Theme
Feb 27 2023
World Sustainable energy day 2023 Theme and History: World Sustainable energy day 2023 is observed on 27th February across the world. It hosts events centered on sustainable energy production and use, which covers energy efficiency and renewable energy sources for buildings, industry, and transport. The World Sustainable Energy Day is an annual sustainability conference held in Austria. The events that take place during the World Sustainable Energy Days present the latest technology trends, outstanding examples, and European strategies and offer opportunities to establish new partnerships. The conference raises awareness of green energy and energy efficiency. The way we use energy is changing. Compared to previous decades, we’re far more aware of the damaging effects of fossil fuels on the environment, and many of us are trying to live as sustainably as possible. With an ever-increasing number of buzzwords around the topic of food, fashion, and ecology, it can be hard to know what’s worth researching and what will fade out of popularity in the next year.
One such buzzword is the word “sustainable.” Plenty of cosmetics, food, and fashion companies use the word to describe how they acquire their materials, but what does sustainability mean in terms of energy? One of the most notable causes of global warming is the daily burning of fossil fuels. Fossil fuels are finite resources, meaning they’ll run out one day, which is just one reason why it’s important for the world to shift toward renewable sources. Read on to discover what sustainable energy is, how it got its name, and why it’s so important to the health of current and future generations.
World Sustainable Energy Day History:
In her 2020 State of the Union address, President of the European Commission Ursula von den Leyen proposed the emissions reduction target be set at 55%, alongside a revision of the EU’s climate and energy legislation. The Commission adopted the communication ‘Stepping up Europe’s 2030 climate ambition – Investing in a climate-neutral future for the benefit of our people on the same day. It included an updated 2030 emissions reduction target of a net 55 % compared to 1990 levels. This new ´Fit for 55´ package aims to put the EU on track towards climate neutrality, and as energy accounts for 75% of GHG emissions, speeding up the energy transition is critical.
As such, the 2023 edition of the WSED (Fit for 55) presents the far-reaching transformation of policies, technologies, and markets for achieving climate neutrality. It also increases the pace of development and change. On top of that, it shows how citizens and businesses can profit from this, how we can increase acceptance, trigger investments, and get things moving at full speed!
World Sustainable Energy Day 2023 Significance:
- Renewable energy also helps conserve the nation's natural resources. Renewable energy provides reliable power supplies and fuel diversification, which enhance energy security and lower the risk of fuel spills while reducing the need for imported fuels.
- In parallel to the World Sustainable Energy Days, the Energies parmesan, an exhibition, and trade show dedicated to renewable energy sources and energy efficiency are held.
- It attracts around 100,000 visitors and around 1,000 exhibiting companies. The World Sustainable Energy Days are organized by Energiesparverband in German, the regional energy agency of Upper Austria.
- This summit is conducted to achieve a smart, socially fair, and sustainable energy system that requires strong policies, competitive businesses, and technology innovation.
- Mastering the digital transformation of energy and buildings will be crucial for creating a thriving economy and for the success of the global clean energy transition.
World Sustainable Energy Day 2023 Theme
World Sustainable Energy Day 2023 theme is "Energy Transition = Energy security!". Students preparing for the exam should read this theme page for better preparation.
World Sustainable Energy Day 2023 Quotes
- “Our dependence on fossil fuels amounts to global pyromania, and the only fire extinguisher we have at our disposal is renewable energy.” - Hermann Scheer.
- “Fire made us human, fossil fuels made us modern, but now we need a new fire that makes us safe, secure, healthy, and durable.” - Amory Lovins.
- “The truth is, as most of us know, that global warming is real and humans are major contributors, mainly because we wastefully burn fossil fuels.” - David Suzuki.
- "Let's nurture nature so that we can have a better future." - Anonymous
- "A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers but borrowed from his children." - John James Audubon.
- "I feel more confident than ever that the power to save the planet rests with the individual consumer." - Denis Hayes.
- "Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s needs, but not every man’s greed." - Mahatma Gandhi.
- "Nature provides a free lunch, but only if we control our appetites." - William Ruckelshaus.
- "What we are doing to the forests of the world is but a mirror reflection of what we are doing to ourselves and to one another." - Chris Maser
- "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein.
We hope this article provides you with details you should know about World Sustainable energy day 2023. The history, World Sustainable energy day 2023 Theme, and Significance are discussed here. In general, everyone should be aware of World Sustainable energy day's importance and the operations performed. Also, aspirants preparing for competitive exams can read this article and get to know the details related to the important days in February 2023.
World Sustainable Energy Day 2023 FAQ
Q. When was World Sustainable energy day 2023 celebrated?
A. World Sustainable energy day 2023 is celebrated on 27th February every year.
Q. What is the quote for World Sustainable energy day?
A. "Nature provides a free lunch, but only if we control our appetites." - William Ruckelshaus.
Q.How much of the world's energy is sustainable?
A. The share of renewables in global electricity generation jumped to nearly 28% in Q1 2020 from 26% in Q1 2019. The increase in renewables came mainly at the cost of coal and gas, though those two sources still represent close to 60% of the global electricity supply.
List of Domestic and International Airports In India 2023 PDF: With Airports In India Map
Dec 11 2023
List of Dance Forms in India 2023 PDF: State Wise With Pictures Classical And Folk Dance Forms
Dec 11 2023
Easiest Competitive Exams in India 2023: Top 10 Exams To Crack Easily, Bank, SSC, Railway
Dec 11 2023
General Awareness Smart Analysis
- Get Weekly 4 set Test
- Each Set consist of 50 Questions
- Compare your progress with Test 1 & 2 & Test 3 & 4
- Deep Analysis in topic wise questions
- Bundle PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
- Grand Bundle PDF Course 2021
- English Bundle PDF Course
- Insurance & Financial Market Awareness Bundle PDF Course
- Descriptive Papers for Bank & Insurance Exams
- Interview Bundle PDF Course
- General Awareness Smart Analysis
- All Bank Exams Video Course
- All Mock Test Series (Platinum Package)
- All Premium eBooks
Premium PDF Course 12 Months
- Bundle PDF Course 2024
- Prime PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
PRIME Bundle PDF Course 2023 (Daily Target PDF)
- Exactly Based on Real Exam Pattern
- Language: English and Hindi
- Included with All New Pattern Questions
- Covered All Major Bank (Pre + Mains Exams)
- Answer key with video solution and Quizzes
- Including Previous Year Memory based Questions
- Prepared by Top Expert Faculties
- Total 1,20,000+ Questions
- 12 Months Validity