World Refugee Day 2023: June 20 History, theme, Significance, and Quotes
Jun 20 2023
World Refugee Day 2023: On 20th June of this current year, World Refugee Day 2023 is observed all over the world. Every year on June 20th, World Refugee Day is commemorated to raise awareness of the plight of refugees and the difficulties they face. The theme of World Refugee Day 2023 is to recognize refugees all throughout the world. The major goal of World Refugee Day 2023 is to foster empathy and acknowledge their commitment and courage in helping people rebuild their lives. The UN General Assembly first commemorated World Refugee Day on June 20, 2001, on the 50th Anniversary of the 1951 Convention. The theme of World Refugee Day 2023 is observed on various days in various nations. The holiday was established by the United Nations General Assembly in 2000, and since then, the international community has spent the day focusing on measures to better the lives of refugees. Most of us are aware that refugees are forced to escape their countries due to war, terrorism, or other crises but departing their home nation is frequently only the start of a long journey. Many refugees are forced to live in camps until they can be relocated, some of which are unsafe or unfit for long-term habitation. Refugees don't often get to choose which nation they'll end up in, and the bureaucratic process of finding a new home can take years. In recent years, global refugee problems have dominated the news, therefore it's important to remember that sharing support and commemorating World Refugee Day is more crucial than ever.
Refugees are persons who have been forced from their homeland as a result of war, terrorist acts, violence, and other factors. Leaving or remaining away from their home is only the beginning of a long and difficult journey. There are days when the refugees are forced to endure horrible weather and must remain in the camps until they are relocated to a location where the weather is more typical.
World Refugee Day History
- In 1914, World Day of Migrants and Refugees is established by Pope Pius X and is celebrated in January.
- On December 4, 2000, Resolution 55/76 ie The United Nations General Assembly decides to observe World Refugee Day from June 2001.
- In 2000, the 50th anniversary of the 1951 Convention relating to the Status of Refugees is observed.
World Refugee Day 2023 Theme
"Hope Away from Home" is the theme for World Refugee Day 2023. Let's have a look at the theme for World Refugee Day 2023:
Together We Heal: Make mental health, sexual and reproductive health, basic and secondary health care, and nutrition services available to the refugee.
Together We Learn: Donate to the institution that is providing scholarships to seven young immigrants in order to help them better and upgrade their lives.
Together We shine: Motivate and inspire refugees by allowing their artistic side to show.
World Refugee Day 2023 Significance
World Refugee Day is observed to preserve and enhance the lives of refugees across the world, ensuring that they not only survive but also live in dignity. This day is dedicated to highlighting the rights, aspirations, and needs of refugees in order to generate political will so that refugees can not only survive, but also thrive. However, it is more difficult to reinforce and safeguard the lives of refugees on a regular basis, thus World Refugee Day was established to raise awareness about the conditions and difficulties that refugees face in their daily lives. The enormity of the global refugee issue might be difficult to comprehend, but increasing awareness can help people comprehend the scope of what refugees throughout the world are facing. It also fosters empathy and compassion, which brings individuals from all walks of life together, which is always a good thing.
World Refugee Day 2023 Quotes
- Refugees didn’t just escape a place. They had to escape a thousand memories until they’d put enough time and distance between them and their misery to wake to a better day.
- Refugees are also human beings and it is our duty to treat them with kindness and make them feel at home. Wish you Refugee Day.
- You have never experienced real suffering until you have been forced to flee the heat of your home in order to survive.
World Refugee Day 2023 FAQs
Q: When is World Refugee Day celebrated?
A: World Refugee Day is celebrated on 20 June every year to spread awareness about the conditions and the troubles experienced by the refugees in their life.
Q.What is the World Refugee Day 2023 Theme?
A: The World Refugee Day 2023 Theme is “ Hope Away from Home”.
Also, access free PDFs
|Current Affairs - Daily, Weekly, Monthly||English Language Free PDFs|
|Quantitative Aptitude Free PDFs||Free Bundle PDF|
IBPS RRB PO Mains Result 2023 Out: Officer Scale 1 Result Download Link
Sep 25 2023
Bharat Ratna Winners List PDF Download: Check Award Winners from 1954 to 2023
Sep 25 2023
First in India GK PDF 2023: Download the List of Male, Female First in India
Sep 25 2023
General Awareness Smart Analysis
- Get Weekly 4 set Test
- Each Set consist of 50 Questions
- Compare your progress with Test 1 & 2 & Test 3 & 4
- Deep Analysis in topic wise questions
- Bundle PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
- Grand Bundle PDF Course 2021
- English Bundle PDF Course
- Insurance & Financial Market Awareness Bundle PDF Course
- Descriptive Papers for Bank & Insurance Exams
- Interview Bundle PDF Course
- General Awareness Smart Analysis
- All Bank Exams Video Course
- All Mock Test Series (Platinum Package)
- All Premium eBooks
PRIME Bundle PDF Course 2023 (Daily Target PDF)
- Exactly Based on Real Exam Pattern
- Language: English and Hindi
- Included with All New Pattern Questions
- Covered All Major Bank (Pre + Mains Exams)
- Answer key with video solution and Quizzes
- Including Previous Year Memory based Questions
- Prepared by Top Expert Faculties
- Total 1,20,000+ Questions
- 8 Months Validity