World Rabies Day 2022: September 28 - History, Theme, Significance, Quotes
Sep 26 2022
World Rabies Day 2022: World Rabies Day is celebrated on 28th September of every year. Rabies is a deadly virus that spreads to the people from the saliva of infected animals. Rabies is caused by Iyssaviruses, including rabies virus and Australian bat Iyssavirus. It is usually spread when an infected animal bite. A person who is affected by rabies having the symptoms includes fever, headache, nausea, vomiting, violent movements, uncontrolled excitement, fear of water, inability to move parts of the body, confusion and loss of consciousness. Globally, Dogs are the most common animal which gets infected and spreads this disease to the people. The rabies vaccine and rabies immunoglobulin are effective to prevent the disease if the person receives the treatment before the symptoms start. Let’s see the history, theme, significance and quotes for World Rabies Day.
List of Important Days in September 2022
World Rabies Day 2022: History
- The Global Alliance for Rabies Control (GARC) established World Rabies Day in 2007. This day was recognized by the World Health Organization(WHO).
- They choose the date 28th September to observe World Rabies Day in order to remember the French Scientist Louis Pasteur.
- In 1895, the French Scientist Louis Pasteur passed away on this day (28th September) who created the vaccination for rabies
- World Rabies Day is observed in order to raise awareness about the impact of rabies on the animals and humans.
World Rabies Day 2022 Theme:
- Since 2007, World Rabies Day has been celebrated with some special theme. World Rabies Day 2022 Theme is “Rabies: One Health, Zero Deaths”.
- This theme indicates putting one's health into practice and eliminating rabies to achieve zero deaths.
World Rabies Day 2022: Significance
- World Rabies Day is celebrated every year on 28th September to raise awareness about the deadly disease and educate people how to fight against this disease.
- Not only creates awareness about rabies, this day also teaches us how to prevent this disease.
- On this day, several clinics and institutions conduct vaccination camps and the proper vaccination helps to prevent us from this deadly disease.
- In a number of regions of the world the Animal control and vaccination programs have reduced the risk of rabies from dogs.
- So, on this day we can educate common people about the disease and the way to prevent pets and humans from this disease.
World Rabies Day 2022: Quotes
- “The world is in an extremely dangerous situation, and serious diseases often require the risk of a dangerous cure like the Pasteur serum for rabies.”
- “If it’s someone’s pet and you’re keeping it at home, there's just too much room for error there. Hopefully, Lady will not get rabies, but we have to assume the raccoon was rabid.”
- “We have methods in this country to control rabies as far as human disease is concerned, and we do not need this vaccine and it does not work.”
World Rabies Day 2022: FAQs
Q: Who established World Rabies Day?
A: World Rabies Day was established by the Global Alliance for Rabies Control (GARC).
Q: What is the theme of World Rabies Day 2022?
A: The theme of World Rabies Day 2022 is “Rabies: One Health, Zero Deaths”.
Also, access free PDFs
IBPS Clerk Exam Centres 2023: Test Cities For Prelims And Mains Exams
Jun 10 2023
IBPS RRB Handwritten Declaration 2023 Format: Check File Size And Dimensions With Left Thumb Impression Details For PO And Clerk Posts
Jun 10 2023
About LIC Of India: History, Establishment, Functions, Objectives, Mission, Chairman And Details
Jun 10 2023
Don’t Miss Any Update
Enter the valid e-mail id and subscribe to Guidely to get the latest updates on all job notifications, Study Materials, Mock Tests and our new launches.
- 3000+ Mock Tests
- Topic / Sectional / ebooks
- Latest Exam Pattern
- 12 Months
- Access Mobile app and Website
- Premium Ebooks and RBI Grade B Phase II Not Included