World Press Freedom Day 2023 - May 3 History, Theme, Significance, Quotes
May 03 2023
World Press Freedom Day is observed every year on May 3. The United Nations General Assembly(UNGA) has declared May 3 as World Press Freedom Day. This day is observed to raise awareness about the freedom of the press and uphold the rights to the freedom of expression.This day is also a remembrance of journalists who lost their lives in the press. World Press Freedom Day 2023 will reunite stockholders such as policymakers, stockholders, media representatives, activists, cybersecurity managers and legal experts. UNESCO and the Republic of Uruguay are hosting the annual World Press Freedom Day Global Conference in a hybrid format
World Press Freedom Day History:
- On the recommendation of the twenty-sixth session of UNESCO’s General Conference, World Press Freedom Day was proclaimed by the UN General Assembly in December 1993.
- May 3 acts as a reminder for the Governments to respect their commitments to press freedom. This day is a reflection for media professionals on issues of press freedom and professionals.
- World Press Freedom Day is a support day for media persons who are involved in press freedom, Journalists, media etc.
World Press Freedom Day 2023 Theme:
- World Press Freedom Day is observed every year on May 3. It is significant for the press which deals with the information of the public on the Global Scale. The Theme of World Press Freedom Day 2023 is “Shaping a Future of Rights: Freedom of expression as a driver for all other human rights”.
World Press Freedom Day 2023 - Significance:
- The Significance of World Press Freedom Day was to celebrate the principles of press freedom, to prevent the media from attacks, and assess the state of press freedom.
- The main aim of World Press Freedom Day was to raise awareness of the freedom of the press and freedom of expression. This day also represents a day of reflection for media professionals about issues of press freedom.
- The Global Conference provides an opportunity for journalists, civil society representatives, national authorities, and to work together for identifying solutions.
- The United Nations has celebrated World Press Freedom Day before 1993. In 1948, Article 19 said that everyone has the Rights to Freedom of opinion, everyone has the Rights to say their opinion without fear, everyone has the Rights to receive and impart their ideas through Press and Media to the people.
World Press Freedom Day 2023 - Quotes:
The Aspirants can check the famous quotes by famous personalities for World Press Freedom Day:
“Freedom of the Press, if it means anything at all, means the freedom to criticize and oppose”
“No prison is big enough to contain free speech”
“The freedom of the human mind is recognized in the right to free speech and free press”
“We have to uphold a free press and freedom of speech - because, in the end, lies and misinformation are no match for the truth”
Here we are providing detailed explanations about World Press Freedom Day. This article covers World Press Freedom Day, History, Significance, Theme, Famous quotes, and some important FAQs. Aspirants can get detailed information about World Press Freedom Day by reading this article. Students can easily gather information about World Press Freedom Day here without spending too much time.
World Press Freedom Day 2023 - Important FAQs:
Q. When was World Press Freedom Day celebrated?
A.World Press Freedom Day was celebrated on May 3 every year.
Q. What was the theme of World Press Freedom Day 2023?
A.The theme of World Press Freedom Day 2022 was “Journalism under Digital Siege”.
Q. Who is the father of the Indian press?
A. James Augustus Hicky is the father of Indian press.
IBPS RRB PO Interview Documents 2023: Check Key Documents, Interview Dress Code, Instructions
Sep 26 2023
States And Capitals of India 2023 PDF Download: Check List of 28 States And 8 UTs Names In Alphabetical Order
Sep 26 2023
About Regional Rural Banks In India - History, Ownership, Amalgamation, Regulators, Functions, Headquarters, And List Of RRBs
Sep 26 2023
General Awareness Smart Analysis
- Get Weekly 4 set Test
- Each Set consist of 50 Questions
- Compare your progress with Test 1 & 2 & Test 3 & 4
- Deep Analysis in topic wise questions
- Bundle PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
- Grand Bundle PDF Course 2021
- English Bundle PDF Course
- Insurance & Financial Market Awareness Bundle PDF Course
- Descriptive Papers for Bank & Insurance Exams
- Interview Bundle PDF Course
- General Awareness Smart Analysis
- All Bank Exams Video Course
- All Mock Test Series (Platinum Package)
- All Premium eBooks
PRIME Bundle PDF Course 2023 (Daily Target PDF)
- Exactly Based on Real Exam Pattern
- Language: English and Hindi
- Included with All New Pattern Questions
- Covered All Major Bank (Pre + Mains Exams)
- Answer key with video solution and Quizzes
- Including Previous Year Memory based Questions
- Prepared by Top Expert Faculties
- Total 1,20,000+ Questions
- 8 Months Validity