World Population Day 2023: July 11 History, theme, Significance, and Quotes
Jul 11 2023
World Population Day 2023: On July 11th of this current year, World Population Day 2023 is celebrated and observed all over the world as an awareness program. Every year on July 11, it is observed to increase public awareness of topics such as the effects of population growth, gender equality, the value of family planning, poverty, maternal health, and human rights. World Population Day is celebrated to raise awareness of population-related concerns, such as the world's rapidly expanding population, and to encourage action to address them. The main goal of this day is to highlight the importance of population issues more generally. We cannot ignore the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on society, the economy, and communities worldwide. Not everyone is equally affected, though. For example, women who work in front-line positions are disproportionately exposed to the coronavirus.
The world's population is expanding quickly and was approximately 767.35 billion in 2019. Natural resources must be depleted in order to meet the demands of the expanding population. Some nations are experiencing an overpopulation problem. It is crucial to take the necessary action to manage the population growth in order to preserve the ecological and population balance. Supply chains are also disrupted globally, which has an effect on the accessibility of contraceptives and raises the chance of unwanted pregnancy. Countries are on lockdown as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, health systems are straining to keep up, various services, including those related to sexual and reproductive health, are disrupted, and gender-based violence has increased.
World Population Day History
- In 1804, The world population reached 1 billion people.
- In 1927, The world population doubled to 2 billion.
- In 1989, The world population reached 3 billion.
- In 1989, The United Nations recognized July 11 as World Population Day.
- On 11 July 1990, the day was first marked in more than 90 countries. Since then, a number of UNFPA country offices and other organizations and institutions commemorate World Population Day in partnership with governments and civil society.
- In 2000, Just 40 years after it reached 3 billion, the population doubles to 6 billion.
- On April 24, 2017, statistical models estimated that the world population is at 7.5 billion.
World Population Day 2023 Theme
The theme for World Population Day 2023 is "Unleashing the power of gender Equality: Uplifting the voices of women and girls to unlock our world's infinite possibilities". World Population Day is marked annually on July 11 in order to address the problems caused by overpopulation and to educate the public about these problems. The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) and the Population Division of UN DESA are conducting a panel discussion online on July 14 to examine how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected fertility preferences and behaviors, including the availability and usage of family planning. It is an international event in which numerous nations and organizations take part to raise awareness of the key problems affecting the world's population. On this day, events including seminars, discussions, educational sessions, public competitions, slogan contests, workshops, debates, songs, etc. are planned. Not only that, but numerous programs about population and the value of family planning are also broadcast on radio, TV, and news channels. This occasion is commemorated in numerous nations throughout the world by holding conferences or online seminars and open forums. Institutions also host workshops and educational events. People distribute banners and slogans and post about them on social media.
World Population Day 2023 Significance
Naturally, World Population Day serves as a reminder to consider the present population and population-related issues that have an impact on how people live today. However, the emphasis is more on what needs to be done to decrease population growth in the future. The most crucial thing to consider is how the world will be for your children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, etc. if the population growth rate is maintained. Population issues disproportionately affect people in developing countries. Utilize World Population Day to do some study into population concerns because there is a tonne of material available. The United Nations Populations Fund, which is the principal UN organization in charge of addressing population issues, is a fantastic place to start. There are many resources available, so pick a couple that genuinely interests you and research their issues and solutions in-depth. There are countless outstanding nonprofits and NGOs working tirelessly to address population challenges, particularly in poor countries. They include groups that assist individuals in lifting themselves out of poverty, teach women about contraception and family planning, and assist displaced people.
World Population Day 2023 Quotes
- We need to continue to decrease the growth rate of the Global Population. The Plant can not support many more people.
- Times are gone when we could relax and take it easy. It is time to act and act strongly to control the growth of the population to help our coming generations.
- The happiness and prosperity of our future generation depend on how smartly we can control the growth of the population so that our coming generations are able to enjoy the resources that mankind has been blessed with
World Population Day 2023 FAQs
Q. What is the theme for World Population Day 2023?
A. The theme for World Population Day 2023 might focus on various issues related to overgrowing population and promote necessary steps to curb the issue.
Q. How do we celebrate Population Day?
A. World Population Day is all about raising awareness of controlling the population, and the risks and consequences of a disproportionate population-to-resources ratio. The issue is discussed on social media the most, so if you have a blog or other social platform for raising awareness, raise your voice on how to take precautions and combat population issues.
Also, access free PDFs
|Current Affairs - Daily, Weekly, Monthly
|English Language Free PDFs
|Quantitative Aptitude Free PDFs
|Free Bundle PDF
Daily Current Affairs & Quiz 2023-24: Latest Current Affairs, Quiz & News For Today
Mar 02 2024
NIACL Assistant Prelims Shift Timings 2024: Time Duration, Reporting Time And Exam Instructions
Mar 02 2024
Nobel Prize Winners 2023 PDF: Nobel Prize Winners Across Various Fields
Mar 01 2024
General Awareness Smart Analysis
- Get Weekly 4 set Test
- Each Set consist of 50 Questions
- Compare your progress with Test 1 & 2 & Test 3 & 4
- Deep Analysis in topic wise questions
- Bundle PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
- Grand Bundle PDF Course 2021
- English Bundle PDF Course
- Insurance & Financial Market Awareness Bundle PDF Course
- Descriptive Papers for Bank & Insurance Exams
- Interview Bundle PDF Course
- General Awareness Smart Analysis
- All Bank Exams Video Course
- All Mock Test Series (Platinum Package)
- All Premium eBooks
Premium PDF Course 12 Months
- Bundle PDF Course 2024
- Prime PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022