World Oceans Day 2023: June 8 History, theme, Significance, and Quotes
Jun 08 2023
World Oceans Day 2023: World Ocean Day 2023 is an awareness program held worldwide on June 8th of this year. Every year on June 8th, World Ocean Day is commemorated to raise awareness of the ocean's vital role in human life and ways to conserve it across the world. We not only commemorate the ocean on this World Ocean Day 2023 Theme, but we also develop and execute solutions to conserve and safeguard the ocean. Everyone has a responsibility to participate in World Ocean Day and contribute significantly to the protection and conservation of the ocean. As a result, it is critical to assemble with your friends, family, and community to create a secure future for everybody. World Ocean Day serves as a reminder to every one of the importance of the oceans in our daily lives. They are our planet's lungs, supplying the majority of the oxygen we breathe. The goal of the Day is to raise public awareness about the impact of human actions on the ocean, to build a global citizen movement for the ocean, and to organize and unify the global population behind a project for the long-term management of the world's oceans. They are a vital element of the ecosystem and a key source of food and medicines. Finally, it is a day to celebrate the ocean's beauty, prosperity, and promise as a community.
34% of the earth's surface is covered by the ocean. It comprises a wide variety of life forms, such as plants, animals, and other living beings. The seas are regarded as the planet's lungs because they comprise a large component of the biosphere, provide oxygen to breathe, and are a valuable source of life-saving medication and food for all living things. As a result, the theme of World Ocean Day 2023 is to preserve water equilibrium and safeguard the sea and marine resources, as well as human life on the planet.
World Oceans Day History
- In 1992, during the Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro, the notion of World Ocean Day was introduced.
- In 2008 World Ocean Day was officially created by the United Nations General Assembly to be observed yearly on June 8 to address ocean issues and conserve ocean water.
- On June 8, 2009, The United Nations General Assembly formally designated the day with Resolution 63/111.
World Oceans Day 2023 Theme
"Planet Ocean: Tides are Changing" is the theme for World Ocean Day in 2023, with the goal of "shedding attention on the communities, ideas, and solutions that are working together to conserve and rejuvenate the ocean and everything it nourishes." The celebration for Ocean Affairs and the Law of the Sea, Office of Legal Affairs, is hosted by the United Nations Division and produced in collaboration with the organization Oceanic Global. The event will concentrate on protecting our ocean, its ecosystems, and biodiversity, as well as increasing climate change adaptation. For future generations, we must protect our great aquatic resources. It is concerned with the ocean's ability to maintain life and livelihood. Plastic garbage is being dumped into the oceans, which is damaging the life there and putting the ocean's inhabitants at risk.
World Oceans Day 2023 Significance
The ocean is both humanity's and the planet's habitat. More than a billion people throughout the world rely on the ocean as their primary source of protein. The ocean is a well-known component of the water cycle. It is also important to the economy since it provides jobs for sailors, fishermen, diving schools, water sports firms, and others. The ocean absorbs human-produced carbon dioxide, protecting people from the dangers of global warming. The marine plants also provide half of the oxygen that people and animals need to survive. One of the finest ways to interact with the community and spread the word about what can be done to tackle the difficulties we face is to have a celebration of the importance of the ocean for all life on Earth.
World Oceans Day 2023 Quotes
- To me, the sea is a continual miracle. The fishes that swim on the rocks, the motion of the waves, the ships, with men in them. What strange miracles are there? –Walt Whitman.
- The real cure for our environmental problems is to understand that our job is to salvage Mother Nature. We are facing a formidable enemy in this field. It is the hunters… and convincing them to leave their guns on the wall is going to be very difficult
- We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch, we are going back from whence we came.
World Oceans Day 2023 FAQs
Q: What is the theme of World Ocean Day 2023?
A: This year's United Nations World Oceans Day, on 8 June 2023, will highlight the theme Planet Ocean: Tides are Changing.
Q: What is World Ocean Day and why is it celebrated?
A: The purpose of the Day is to inform the public of the impact of human actions on the ocean, develop a worldwide movement of citizens for the ocean, and mobilize and unite the world's population on a project for the sustainable management of the world's oceans.
Also, access free PDFs
List of Domestic and International Airports In India 2023 PDF: With Airports In India Map
Dec 11 2023
List of Dance Forms in India 2023 PDF: State Wise With Pictures Classical And Folk Dance Forms
Dec 11 2023
Easiest Competitive Exams in India 2023: Top 10 Exams To Crack Easily, Bank, SSC, Railway
Dec 11 2023
General Awareness Smart Analysis
- Get Weekly 4 set Test
- Each Set consist of 50 Questions
- Compare your progress with Test 1 & 2 & Test 3 & 4
- Deep Analysis in topic wise questions
- Bundle PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
- Grand Bundle PDF Course 2021
- English Bundle PDF Course
- Insurance & Financial Market Awareness Bundle PDF Course
- Descriptive Papers for Bank & Insurance Exams
- Interview Bundle PDF Course
- General Awareness Smart Analysis
- All Bank Exams Video Course
- All Mock Test Series (Platinum Package)
- All Premium eBooks
Premium PDF Course 12 Months
- Bundle PDF Course 2024
- Prime PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
PRIME Bundle PDF Course 2023 (Daily Target PDF)
- Exactly Based on Real Exam Pattern
- Language: English and Hindi
- Included with All New Pattern Questions
- Covered All Major Bank (Pre + Mains Exams)
- Answer key with video solution and Quizzes
- Including Previous Year Memory based Questions
- Prepared by Top Expert Faculties
- Total 1,20,000+ Questions
- 12 Months Validity