World Music Day 2023: June 21 History, theme, Significance, and Quotes
Jun 21 2023
World Music Day 2023: On 21st June of this current year World Music Day 2023 is celebrated all over the globe to celebrate music among the public. On June 21, World Music Day, also known as the Fete de la Musique in French, is then observed. The importance of music in our lives is highlighted on this day, which honors musicians. Despite the fact that music concerts are held in its honor around the world, there will be none this time due to the rise in covid-19 cases. Last year, Exchange 4 Media and Loudest. co-hosted Music Inc, an annual music conference that featured a total of speakers. Nothing beats the sound of your favorite song playing in the background; it just goes into your head and body and makes you move. Or perhaps it transports you to a faraway place and time, where you linger in a hazy remembrance of days past and people who are no longer alive. Some of our favorite songs can bring us out of despair and anxiety, making an otherwise dreadful day seem a little less terrible. World Music Day honors the effect of music in all of its forms on the world and the human spirit.
Music has the ability to accomplish almost anything. It has the capacity to make you feel emotions to which you may not have previously been connected. Not only that, but music has the ability to heal you in the most difficult of circumstances. This is a significant day for a lot of music fans all across the world. It honors musicians from all over the world for their contributions to making the world a more harmonious place. The existence of many genres in music indicates not only variety but also a reflection of history and culture.
World Music Day History
- Fête de la Musique was held in Paris in 1982 to commemorate World Music Day. This day was arranged by two members of the French Minister of Culture, Jack Lang, a French politician, and Maurice Fleuret, a composer, music journalist, radio producer, and arts administrator.
- Maurice Fleuret was asked by Jack Lang to become Director of Music and Dance at the French Ministry of Culture. Maurice Fleuret conducted research on musical practice and evolution.
- Following that, he investigated the French population, discovering that one out of every two individuals was interested in learning to play musical instruments. As a result, he began to mark the Summer Solstice as World Music Day in order to recognize the people and their interests.
- Maurice Fleuret researched the cultural habits of the French and discovered that one out of every two young people played a musical instrument.
- He intended to get people out of their houses and into the streets by proposing that the summer solstice (June 21) be designated as World Music Day.
World Music Day 2023 Theme
The theme for the day this year is "Music on the Intersections." Those who enjoy listening to music might mark the occasion by listening to music and songs. It should be highlighted that France's Minister of Culture, Jack Lang, as well as music composer Maurice Fleure, were among the first to organize music celebrations. Following the 1982 celebrations, World Music Day is now observed in a number of countries throughout the world and has become a global phenomenon. Music Day is observed in India, Italy, Australia, the United States, Japan, China, and Malaysia. Amateur musicians and veterans take to the streets to perform music and take part in various musical events. The streets of Paris are alive with the sound of music, and music lovers sway to it. Music enthusiasts from all across France flock to Paris for the Fete de la Musique, which includes festivals, feasts, parades, and fairs.
World Music Day 2023 Significance
Music is an important element of many of our lives. It doesn't matter if you're a professional vocalist or a self-proclaimed bathroom singer; this is something we simply adore. What better day to commemorate this than today, which is dedicated entirely to music. Spend the day listening to all of your old faves, and if you're really feeling adventurous, start searching YouTube for music from foreign cultures. You can start with Finnish and Hungarian music, then move on to Italian and Mongolian folk music. It's easier than ever to explore the vast array of musical experiences the globe has to offer, and you can do it all from the comfort of your own home, thanks to resources like these. Of course, you could always pick up an instrument and join the choir as a soloist.
World Music Day 2023 Quotes
- If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think of music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.
- Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything
- World Music Day gives an opportunity to commune and shares a special bond through music. World Music Day is celebrated in Argentina, Australia, Britain, Luxemburg, Germany, Switzerland, Costa Rica, China, India, Lebanon, and several other countries
World Music Day 2023 FAQs
Q: How do we celebrate World Music Day?
A: On this day, also known as Music Day or Make Music Day, anyone can play their favorite instruments for enjoyment and relaxation. More than 120 countries commemorate this day as people organize free public concerts in parks, stadiums, and public places, mostly for music lovers and learners.
Q: Why Music Day is celebrated?
A: World Music Day is celebrated on June 21 every year to honor the musicians and singers for the gift of music, which gives flight to the imagination and life to everything.
Also, access free PDFs
|Current Affairs - Daily, Weekly, Monthly||English Language Free PDFs|
|Quantitative Aptitude Free PDFs||Free Bundle PDF|
Famous Inventions And Inventors List PDF New Discoveries And Inventions
Dec 06 2023
List of Important Joint Military Exercises Of India With Other Countries And Types Of Army
Dec 06 2023
Nobel Prize Winners 2023 PDF: Nobel Prize Winners Across Various Fields
Dec 06 2023
General Awareness Smart Analysis
- Get Weekly 4 set Test
- Each Set consist of 50 Questions
- Compare your progress with Test 1 & 2 & Test 3 & 4
- Deep Analysis in topic wise questions
- Bundle PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
- Grand Bundle PDF Course 2021
- English Bundle PDF Course
- Insurance & Financial Market Awareness Bundle PDF Course
- Descriptive Papers for Bank & Insurance Exams
- Interview Bundle PDF Course
- General Awareness Smart Analysis
- All Bank Exams Video Course
- All Mock Test Series (Platinum Package)
- All Premium eBooks
Premium PDF Course 12 Months
- Bundle PDF Course 2024
- Prime PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
PRIME Bundle PDF Course 2023 (Daily Target PDF)
- Exactly Based on Real Exam Pattern
- Language: English and Hindi
- Included with All New Pattern Questions
- Covered All Major Bank (Pre + Mains Exams)
- Answer key with video solution and Quizzes
- Including Previous Year Memory based Questions
- Prepared by Top Expert Faculties
- Total 1,20,000+ Questions
- 12 Months Validity