World Metrology Day 2022 - May 20 | History, Theme, Significance, Quotes
May 19 2022
World Metrology Day 2022: World Metrology Day is celebrated on May 20 annually. This day is observed to raise the importance of Metrology. Metrology Day is prompted by the Measurements Standards Laboratory(MSL). Seventeen nations celebrated World Metrology Day on 20th May 1875. Metrology is nothing but the study of the atmosphere. World Metrology Day 2022 was organized by the World Metrological Organization(WMO). On World Metrology Day, several activities and events are organized to know the importance of the atmosphere. World Metrology Day is an annual celebration and it is celebrated on 20th May 1875. In this article, we have covered World Metrology Day, its history, theme, significance, and quotes. We have listed them below one by one.
World Metrology Day 2022 - History
- The first World Metrology Day was held in 1961.
- The World Metrological Organization came into force in 1950.
- World Metrology Day commemorates the renowned meter convention in Paris, France in the year 1875.
- After the convention, the Bureau International des Poids et Mesures(BIPM) and the International Organization of Legal Metrology(OIML) were established to ensure the importance of metrology.
- The function of the World Metrological Organization is important to people’s health and safety.
World Metrology Day 2022 Theme
- Every year the theme is assigned for every day. It is allotted for each day to honor the importance and raise awareness of that special day.
- Likewise, the World Metrology Day 2022 theme is “Metrology in the Digital Era”
World Metrology Day 2022 - Significance
- BIPM and OIML coordinate World Metrology Day to measure the atmosphere.
- Weather and climate are the intense part of the world and it is the reason for climate change.
- Nowadays most of the people are exposed to severe pollution and exposure to hazards, environmental degradation, and urbanization.
- World Metrology Day plays a vital role in the safety of people’s lives and people’s welfare.
- World Metrology Day is celebrated to know the importance of metrological and hydrological services to the people.
World Metrology Day 2022 Quotes
We are provided World Metrology Day 2022 quotes by famous personalities here
“Of all the departments of science no one seems to have been less advanced for the last hundred years than that of metrology” - Thomas Jefferson
“Tonight’s weather forecast for tonight: it’s dark. It’s getting dark all night, and the light is widespread throughout the morning”. - George Carlin
Here we are providing the complete details of World Metrology Day. The aspirants who are preparing to score good marks in the General Awareness section can refer to this article. It will help candidates to get knowledge about World metrology Day.
World Metrology Day 2022 - Some Important FAQs
Q. When is World Metrology Day celebrated?
A. World Metrology Day is celebrated on 20th May every year.
Q. Where the aspirants can get the complete details of World Metrology Day 2022?
A. We are providing the aspirants to get the full details and explanations about World Metrology Day here.
Q. What is the theme of World Metrology Day 2022?
A. The theme of World Metrology Day 2022 is "Metrology in the Digital Era"
List of Dance Forms in India 2022 PDF: Classical And Folk Dance Forms
Oct 03 2022
Monthly Current Affairs 2022 Capsule PDF: Free Download - In Hindi & English
Oct 03 2022
Important Days in October 2022: Check the National and International Days with their themes
Oct 03 2022