World Meteorological Day 2022: March 23| History, Theme, Significance and Quotes
Mar 23 2022
World Meteorological Day 2022: On 23rd March of this current year World Meteorological Day 2022 is observed all over the world. World Meteorological Day is celebrated on March 23 every year all over the world and it is an annual event. The day is celebrated as the establishment of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO), and it concentrates on the behavior of Earth’s atmosphere. The day also helps people be aware of their role in protecting Earth’s atmosphere. The World Meteorological Organization (WMO) was established in the year 1950. The WMO keeps in mind four aspects including weather, climate, water, and environment. It showcases the essential contribution of National Meteorological and Hydrological Services to the safety and wellbeing of society and is celebrated with activities around the world.
Meteorologists study the earth's atmosphere particularly climate and weather in order to forecast weather conditions. The main duties of meteorologists include recording and analyzing data from worldwide weather stations, satellites, radars, and remote sensors. The World Meteorological Organization is about more than just weather. They detect and monitor changes in climate. This can range from changing sea levels, fluctuations in temperature, and rising levels of greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere. This information is crucial to our understanding of the climate change crisis. Without the data collected by the World Meteorological Organization, it would be impossible to get accurate daily weather forecasts. Most people plan their whole day from how to dress to what to do around what the weatherman says. A world with no weather forecasts is a world with a lot more ruined picnics.
World Meteorological Day 2022: History
- In 1873, The First Weather Organization was formed and the International Meteorological association is formed to exchange information about weather across national borders.
- On March 23rd, 1953, The International Meteorological Organization becomes the World Meteorological Organization, which it still is today.
- On March 23rd, 1961, The first World Meteorological Day is observed, on the anniversary of the organization’s creation.
World Meteorological Day 2022: Theme
This year World Meteorological Day is celebrated keeping the theme of Early Warning and Early Action. WMO focuses on climate change with their utmost attention, and this year they want to make people aware that taking the right action on time can be a great way of preventing the bigger problems. Early warnings save countless lives but, unfortunately, they are not always enough. Storms can do millions of dollars of damage in a few hours and sometimes recovery is slow. Get in touch with your local Red Cross to find out how you can help those in need by volunteering or donating.
World Meteorological Day 2022: Significance
World Meteorological Day is a significant day as it focuses on the global acknowledgment of different issues of planet earth. The day is conducted by raising awareness about multiple concerns of the Earth around the globe. It highlights the importance of the role that people and their behavior play in protecting Earth's atmosphere. WMO is dedicated to international cooperation and coordination on the state and behavior of the Earth's atmosphere, its interaction with the land and oceans, the weather and climate it produces, and the resulting distribution of water resources.
World Meteorological Day 2022: Quotes
- Everything on this earth is bought and sold, except air and water, and they would be if a kind Creator had not made the supply too grate for the demand.
- Methane is released by bogs, and some 45 million tons of the same gas, it has been calculated, are added to the atmosphere each year by the venting of intestinal gases by cattle and other large animals.
- We have learned that there is endocrinology of elation and despair, the chemistry of mystical insight, and, in relation to the autonomic nervous system, meteorology and even astrophysics of changing moods.
World Meteorological Day 2022: FAQs
Q. What is the theme of World Meteorological Day?
World Meteorological Day on March 23 this year, therefore, has the theme 'Early Warning and Early Action and spotlights the vital importance of Hydrometeorological and Climate Information for Disaster Risk Reduction.
Q. Where is the World Meteorological Organization located?
Established by the ratification of the WMO Convention on 23 March 1950, WMO became the specialized agency of the United Nations for meteorology (weather and climate), operational hydrology, and related geophysical sciences a year later. The Secretariat, headquartered in Geneva, is headed by the Secretary-General.
SBI Exam Calendar 2023 PDF Download: State Bank Of India Clerk, PO And SO Exam Schedule
Dec 09 2023
Upcoming Bank Exams 2024 Full List PDF Download: Check Notification, Date
Dec 09 2023
Upcoming Government Exams 2024-25 PDF: Download Full List For Bank, SSC, Railway Exams
Dec 09 2023
General Awareness Smart Analysis
- Get Weekly 4 set Test
- Each Set consist of 50 Questions
- Compare your progress with Test 1 & 2 & Test 3 & 4
- Deep Analysis in topic wise questions
- Bundle PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
- Grand Bundle PDF Course 2021
- English Bundle PDF Course
- Insurance & Financial Market Awareness Bundle PDF Course
- Descriptive Papers for Bank & Insurance Exams
- Interview Bundle PDF Course
- General Awareness Smart Analysis
- All Bank Exams Video Course
- All Mock Test Series (Platinum Package)
- All Premium eBooks
Premium PDF Course 12 Months
- Bundle PDF Course 2024
- Prime PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
PRIME Bundle PDF Course 2023 (Daily Target PDF)
- Exactly Based on Real Exam Pattern
- Language: English and Hindi
- Included with All New Pattern Questions
- Covered All Major Bank (Pre + Mains Exams)
- Answer key with video solution and Quizzes
- Including Previous Year Memory based Questions
- Prepared by Top Expert Faculties
- Total 1,20,000+ Questions
- 12 Months Validity