World Marriage Day 2022: 13th February | History, Significance, Quotes & Theme
Feb 08 2022
World Marriage Day is celebrated on 13th February every year. World Marriage Day, the second Sunday of February, and National Marriage Week USA (February 7 – 14) is observed annually in dioceses and parishes throughout our country as an opportunity to focus on building a culture of life and love that begins with supporting and promoting marriage and the family. This year, the Church in our country and in our own Diocese celebrate “National Marriage Week (February 7-14)” and “World Marriage Day (February 13)” in tribute to husbands and wives as the foundation of the family, the basic unit of society. When we think of marriage, words like love, faithfulness, trust, sacrifice, forgiveness and perseverance, and many other values come to mind. For use in the Church, the idea of sacrament and covenant embraces all those expressions as we consider the loving and graced relationship of one man and one woman in a union that is faithful, fruitful, and forever. No other partnership equals this blessed gift of our Creator, present from the beginning of the world.
Marriage is a hugely important institution in almost every part of the world and it symbolizes the formalization of a relationship between two people. World Marriage Day celebrates everything about marriage, and is a great day to propose to your partner, get hitched, or celebrate the one you are already married to!. World Marriage Day, occurring each year on the second Sunday of February, honors the lifelong commitment of husband and wife. World Marriage Day events provide the visible sign of support couples need to continue to make the daily decision to love one another. Pope St. John Paul II, in 1993, gave World Marriage Day his Apostolic Blessing.
World Marriage Day 2022: History
World Marriage Day is an outgrowth of Worldwide Marriage Encounter, an apostolate aimed at helping couples make good marriages even better. World Marriage Day began in 1983 and is celebrated every second Sunday of February in dioceses across the country. In 1993, His Holiness, Pope John Paul II, imparted his Apostolic Blessings on World Marriage Day. National Marriage Week USA, launched in 2010, is part of an international event seeking to mobilize individuals, organizations, and businesses for a common purpose to strengthen marriage in communities and influence the culture. The Secretariat on Laity, Marriage, Family Life, and Youth for the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops offers a full set of resources to bishops, priests, deacons, married couples, and laymen and women to help celebrate and live the great gift of married life.
World Marriage Day 2022: Theme
“Love One Another” has been adopted as the theme of World Marriage Day. This phrase is the commandment given by Jesus in John 15:12. “It speaks to us in a simple but challenging way of how our Father wishes us to live. Loving one another is a daily decision, simple but challenging.” The symbol of World Marriage Day (WMD) uses two people as candle-like figures that are meant to show that the love of a marriage is often used to help bring light to the world. The symbol then joins the couple with a heart, representing the power of love and unity that can give life and inspiration to others.
World Marriage Day 2022: Significance
The goal of the day was originally set out to celebrate the “husband and wife as the foundation of the family and the basic unit of society”. The idea is also to bring honor to the idea that marriage is meant to embody faithfulness, sacrifice, and joy in the daily-ness of life. Father, as we prepare for World Marriage Day, we thank you for your tremendous gift of the Sacrament of Marriage. Help us to witness its glory by a life of growing intimacy. Teach us the beauty of forgiveness so we may become more and more One in Heart, Mind, and Body. Strengthen our dialogue and help us become living signs of your love. Make us grow more in love with the Church so we may renew the Body of Christ.
World Marriage Day 2022: Quotes
- Weddings bring together two perfect individuals. Wish all these couples a very Happy World Marriage Day.
- To have a successful marriage you both need to think together rather than think alike.
- Marriage is all about being the best team and the perfect versions of each other when together.
- You do not marry someone you can stay with but you someone without whom you know you cannot stay.
- Marriages do not last only because of the good times but because the hard times were handled with love and care.
- Marriage is all about promising your loved one to stay when the hard times strike in and try to ruin everything that you both share. It's about staying strong through the storm.
- The wrinkles on your face are not the sign of how much you have aged but of the happy married life that you have led all through the years.
- Success in life always does not come as a paycheck but sometimes it comes as finding the right person and getting married to them so you can spend a happy and peaceful life.
- A happy marriage is an endless sleepover with your favorite person.
- In marriage, we learn to find love by seeing an imperfect person be perfect. That is the very essence of a happy married life.
We hope this article provides you with details you should know about World Marriage Day 2022. The history, World Marriage Day 2022 Theme, Significance are discussed here. In general, everyone should be aware of World Marriage Day’s importance and the operations performed. Also, aspirants preparing for competitive exams can read this article and get to know the details related to the important days in February 2022.
World Marriage Day 2022: FAQ
Q. What is the theme of World Marriage Day 2022?
A. In 2022, World Marriage Day is celebrated under the following theme “Love One Another”.
Q. When was World Marriage Day 2022 celebrated?
A. World Marriage Day 2022 is celebrated on 13th February every year.
Q. What is the quote for World Marriage Day?
A. Weddings bring together two perfect individuals. Wish all these couples a very Happy World Marriage Day.
International Day of the Unborn Child 2024 History, Theme: March 25
Feb 28 2024
International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade 2024: March 25
Feb 28 2024
World Tuberculosis (TB) Day 2024: March 24| History, Theme, Significance and Quotes
Feb 28 2024
General Awareness Smart Analysis
- Get Weekly 4 set Test
- Each Set consist of 50 Questions
- Compare your progress with Test 1 & 2 & Test 3 & 4
- Deep Analysis in topic wise questions
- Bundle PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022
- Grand Bundle PDF Course 2021
- English Bundle PDF Course
- Insurance & Financial Market Awareness Bundle PDF Course
- Descriptive Papers for Bank & Insurance Exams
- Interview Bundle PDF Course
- General Awareness Smart Analysis
- All Bank Exams Video Course
- All Mock Test Series (Platinum Package)
- All Premium eBooks
Premium PDF Course 12 Months
- Bundle PDF Course 2024
- Prime PDF Course 2023
- Ultimate Bundle PDF Course 2022